+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the song i hate...

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Default the song i hate...

every now and again i hear a song that i not only hate, but vehemently loathe. number one on that list is...

'Wind Beneath My Wings'

everyone goes on about it being a tribute to the wonders of sisterhood, but whenever i hear it all it seems to say is 'i've shat on you from a great height to get where i am today, and y'know, i really respect you for that'. forced sentimentality that makes my hackles rise and starts my venom pouches a-filling. all it takes is a coupla bird references and boom! one of the most popular funeral songs ever. it's a piece of shit with barely anything to recommend it.

number two is 'Everybody Hurts' by REM, although it isn't so much the song as the way it's constantly used by twatty DJs to convey the fact 'yeah, something bad has happened and i have to show my emotions'. the saving grace of the track is that it's helped a few depressed people, but does it really apply to 9/11 or the london bombings? do you have to get it out whenever anyone stubs their toe? again, false emotion, if a crappy local disc jockey thinks you should be a bit blue about something, out it comes.

so guys and gals, least favourite songs for whatever reason...

reubs's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: the song i hate...

that new jessica simpson (remake)...umm dunno the actual name but the one that goes "these boots are made for walkin..."

why? cause it fucking annoys the hell outta me and its been playing almost non-fucking-stop around here thanks to the rest of my family being pop-junkies. grrrrrrr

one song I would shoot the disk it is on, is David allen coles "Call Me by My Name" cause I haveta listen to it at work at least once an hour for the last 12 years, its the companys theme song

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Wake Me Up When Setpember Ends. Not only does it suck but its been stuck in my head FOR A FUCKING WEEK! FUCK YOU GREENDAY! FUCK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    Wake Me Up When Setpember Ends. Not only does it suck but its been stuck in my head FOR A FUCKING WEEK! FUCK YOU GREENDAY! FUCK YOU!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

pretty much every single song about how great sex is, partying (Ie: substance abuse), how someone just can't handle not being dependant on someone else.

RobLongshot's Avatar Smut Peddler

pretty much anything Celiine Dion... i find her to be possibly the most obnoxious vocalist ever.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I will agree with anything by REM, because he just sings off key in that horrible nasal tone. And ANY AND ALL RAP AND HIP HOP, except some of them where they are not yelling....

The thing is, there is NOTHING that I like anymore, no music at all. It's a matter of what do I hate the most, because everything is so awful. I just listen to gregorian chants and medeival music because pop music sucks.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    ...The thing is, there is NOTHING that I like anymore, no music at all. It's a matter of what do I hate the most, because everything is so awful. I just listen to gregorian chants and medeival music because pop music sucks.

I am so there with you. I mean, there are a few things I like, but I used to think of myself as being really into music, and I still feel like I should be, but it isn't there for me. I can't tell if I'd like it more, not knowing how corrupt the music biz has become though. Sometimes it's best not to see how the sausage is made.

ahhhrrghh - another one.

'i predict a riot' - the kaiser chiefs

"watching the people get lairy/it's not very pretty i tell thee/going to town it's quite scary/and not very sensible either"

two twatty tunes chopped about a bit does not a good song make. and there will be a goddamn riot - when i break into your gig and dose everyone with a third eye squeegying dose of mushrooms and they realise how they've been conned into parting with money and time by a bunch of moronic slot badgers. the bunch of small bean regarders. AARRRGGGHH! i hate them! i want them all to be found dead in a laughingly pathetic but painfully lethal sex game.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

"when the sun goes down" by that kenny guy.
    of corse everything looks better when the sun goes down your in the dark.

There's a song called Absinthe Drops. The catch is, it's sang by a stupid local POP band... The whole song is offcourse stupid, and soils The Word.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I am so there with you. I mean, there are a few things I like, but I used to think of myself as being really into music, and I still feel like I should be, but it isn't there for me. I can't tell if I'd like it more, not knowing how corrupt the music biz has become though. Sometimes it's best not to see how the sausage is made.
    Sausage? Did you say "sausage"... Heh! Heh!

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Sometimes it's best not to see how the sausage is made.

Man..if that isn't the quote of the day than I don't know what is.

also..(Forrest said sausage) hehehehe

That damn shiney happy people holding hands song......I can feel my brain crack if it comes on.....

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hahaa omg... anything by milli vanilli... and unfortunately on car trips, like to visit family... my dad listens to the cds... kill me. and he has to have it full blast too so i can hear the shit over my own headphones!!!! *cries*
    and... tho i may be beat up for this... i dont like van halen with david lee roth singing... i just dont like his voice at all... but that one other blonde guy... that went off and did his own thing after... i cant remember his name haha... but hes cool. i think he did a song on his own called "little white lies"... something like that. who knows.

Zombie_Fatale's Avatar Senior Member

I hate not even particular song, but entire musical movem,ent - called 'shanson' (sorry, don't know exact French spelling). I our country it's the music of badits, prisoners, and drivers... and it is everywhere in taxies, public places, radio - I go crazy anytime I hear it - luckily, flash mp3 player helps alot

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

anything by that little tart Hilary Duff. And now she's got a fucking 'most wanted songs' album, what the fuck is with that. Who would be depressed enough to WANT to hear any of her shit?

Howrangi's Avatar So how old are you again?

i don't know if its a real song but that damn commercial where it says "people do stupid things" whoo hoo whoo hoo hoo. or something like that.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

isn't that song originally by that japanese band that quentin tarentino likes and put in Kill Bill?

+ Reply to Thread