+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Love:

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Love:

What is your definition of love?

Share here.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Love:

there is no definition ,when your truly in love you just "feel" it .

it's like that moment your with that person is the best moment ever and nothing else matters.

by the way here's an intresting fact when even showed a picture of a real loved one someones brain triggers the same part as crack or coke. funny huh!,guess im a crack head then ,hahaha

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

"Picture for a second that someone means so much to you that you would give up the very air that you breath just to spend a few moments with that person. think of what you would give to hold that person. think of what you would give to kiss that person. now think one last time, about how it would be if that person felt the same way about you. thats love" -camby savelle (me)

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

It's an indefinable feeling. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't.

Love... is. It just is. It's like air. You can take it apart, say it's made of this, this, and this, but in the end - it's still just air.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    by the way here's an intresting fact when even showed a picture of a real loved one someones brain triggers the same part as crack or coke. funny huh!,guess im a crack head then ,hahaha
    Same with chocolate too.......

Love is impossible to describe, it could just be the comfort of having a companion. Whether that companion is a person, place, or thing.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

That is a really good question.. I don't know... Is love passion? Is it emotion? I seem to be in love all the time, but is it love?

I guess when you KNOW you are in love, then that's love. But when you are not sure, then you are not????

But when that person haunts you for years, in the back of your mind, and you still think of them and still feel things for them, is that love?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

to me love means having the ability to be unselfish and to do what is best for others. which is not to say self-sacrifice. if you have to give up something for someone you love, then you've allready blown it, because you've made the analogy, if only subconciously, that it's a loss on your part to do something out of love, and as a result it plants a seed of resentment toward that which you love, because you are now doing something out of a sense of obligation, not pure want, and so it creates a negative love, that you may not even realise at the time, but will ultimately lead to loss of love.
    So many people view love as a right that they are entitled to, and as if they have somehow earned it, but they haven't bgecause they denounce real love with all thier thoughts and actions, so they are not worthy of it. I call this possesive love, when one thinks thier ability to love sets them above others, or worse so that one that they love is more worthy. this is the most selfishness because it is a denial of the self, a renounciation of true giving. Love is not soemthing that can be commanded, you either love or you don't. and when you foolishly think that you can love just one person, then that is the essance of a fools ove, and possesive love.
    as I said, love is a giving of the self, and if you hold that back from anyone, then you are not a true lover. to be a lover you must love all, and at the same time, be able to hate all, yourself the most, because you must love yourself the most. until you learn to lose, and learn to be hard and give scorn and contempt, out of love, because you only want greatness, and to see all that is not great obliterated, instead of compromising and settling for less out of a personal weakness, then you cannot love truly.
    I've allready stated what love Isn't, but what love is, more in depth than what I've said, cannot be said, because what i've said is that you must do what's best. but what you think is best, might not be what other people think is best. this is not a conflict, because doing what you think is best, is the only thing to do, and other's should do the same. it's up to each person to trust in thier feelings and be honest about what they feel, and make thier own oppinions and morals and virtues, so in that aspect though we should feel a universal love of all things, we are all differnt, so we all then will have our own personal unique sense of love, and that's what makes it special beyond selfishness.

ANJ134's Avatar Junior Member

franziska put it perfectly.
    Love IS
    it is the start and the end, the empty and the full. It is the balance that lifts us all. For soem reason the English language is fond to have a multitude of meanings for the word. You can love your dog and you can love your own ignorance but surely the word 'love' isn't felt the same for these two things?
    You get the gist.
    Love will grow as will you, nothing is permanent it will forever changed and grow.
    Love IS,

love and light
    ANJ

F uck Love........................thats all i have 2 say

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodshothatrd
    F uck Love........................thats all i have 2 say
    Like I wrote, it comes and it goes. Looks like your's is gone.

flame goddess

i hate it when a person will ask you "why do you love me?" it's the stupidest question. there are reasons that you like a person, but love is not the same... it flows through a person, not from a person. if you grow up with out love from family and friends, it will be difficult for you to love other people. i have difficulties understanding how people show their love. there are couples out there where one of them is verbally, sexually, physically abusing the one that they love. and in most cases they really do love that person. but you wonder how can somebody treat somebody like that if they love that person. another thing that people need to understand is that there is room in your heart for more than one person. you can love many people, but it doesn't make the love that one has for you any less.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

two ppl who have mutual care, trust and respect.

whether it be friendship or more.

Quote Originally Posted by pelelaka
    i hate it when a person will ask you "why do you love me?" it's the stupidest question. there are reasons that you like a person, but love is not the same... it flows through a person, not from a person. if you grow up with out love from family and friends, it will be difficult for you to love other people. i have difficulties understanding how people show their love. there are couples out there where one of them is verbally, sexually, physically abusing the one that they love. and in most cases they really do love that person. but you wonder how can somebody treat somebody like that if they love that person. another thing that people need to understand is that there is room in your heart for more than one person. you can love many people, but it doesn't make the love that one has for you any less.
    OH I know, it gets very confusing... You can have your heart broken by many people too, over and over.... I have... sob.. sob....

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

I wish that words were more adequate. You will know when you feel it.

Just keep in mind that Love is fleeting...when you DO find it, hold on for dear life.

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaLion
    I wish that words were more adequate. You will know when you feel it.

Just keep in mind that Love is fleeting...when you DO find it, hold on for dear life.
    It seems that the harder you try to hold onto it, the more elusive it becomes...

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    It seems that the harder you try to hold onto it, the more elusive it becomes...

I just meant the opportunities for love are fleeting. Some people are holding on too tight to begin with.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I don't think that there is a love in any abstract or concrete way, such as there are other real emotions with are caused by chemical synapse in the brain, although the feelings attributed with love may be these. I think that love is a purely a psychological condition of the conscious and subconscious, which is what I mean by not a concrete (read: unconscious biological) phenomenon. As such if you're waiting for love to find you, it never will, it's just a state of mind that you have to be in, and that you have to ultimately create for yourself. although, like all other things, of course exterior stimulis can play a large role in the development of that.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Love is confusing and horrible and good.....right now I think about it and it makes me kinda sad....otehr days happy....

Friendship, thrust, understanding.... and not being boring!

+ Reply to Thread