+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever been robbed?

Default Have you ever been robbed?

Almost got robbed by 2 guys with masks and staff with knife taped on end around 1:30 am. I was helping my sister with bags to the station and it happened 50m from my home when I was on the way back. Somehow fear was followed with instant adrenalin rush which I used to calm my self and play out funniest defense I could think of.

I said out loud: "Drop the knives and lay on the ground" while "reaching" for my gun and I moved slowly forward them. And it worked. They turned around
    and ran away. Called police right after and warned them about thieves.

Don't ever try something like this. If I felt it couldn't work I wouldn't do it and I would probably chose life over mobile and some cash. Big factor in my decision was chance(80%) that they probably recognized me when I turned around since I'm well respected in some circles which I'm not very proud of.

I need to move out of ghetto.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Have you ever been robbed?

I think you should just start carrying a gun.

nice move though!

and yes i was mugged once about 10 years ago, it was 5 on 1, so I didnt have much of a chance..but I walked away mostly unscathed.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Yes I have. Earlier this year. I posted a thread about it too.

But here's the story, taken from that thread.

I got to the Colesium BART station and just got in my car and fastened my seat belt and just started up the car when someone tapped on my window. I looked out the window and say a young black male with his hoodie pulled up over his face holding a tiny revolver. He said "Give me your stuff."

The gun looked rather fake (I'd say with 98% certainty it was) to me so I then tried to put my car into reverse and just leave, when the passenger door opened up and another young black male leaned into the car and told me to give him all of my stuff. I told him I didn't have anything to give him. He tried to unbuckle my seat belt. I was trying to stop him from doing that, then I decided to just put the car into reverse and pull out of the parking lot. But when I tried that, he shoved the shifter back into park and reached over and pulled the keys out of the ignition and threw them onto the floor boards of the passenger side. Oddly enough, when I saw him do that, I just thought to myself, 'At least I can still drive home when this done.'

The second guy then stood up and the first guy handed him the gun over the car. He leaned back into the car and demanded I give him my stuff or he'd shoot me. I repeated I didn't have anything to give him. Meanwhile, the first guy opened the back door and took out my backpack and put it on. He didn't touch the two bags of stuff I purchased at WonderCon.

Since the second guy now had the gun much closer to me, I felt even more certain that the gun was fake grabbed it to either rip it from his hands or to twist his wrist. The first guy then opened the driver side door and punched me in the side of the head, right behind my left ear. I continued to hand wrestle with the second guy, who kept threatening to shoot me, until I felt the first guy trying to pull my wallet out of my pocket. I let go of the gun and tried to stop the first guy from removing my wallet, mainly by shifting my ass so I was sitting directly on it.

The second guy then stood back up but then he leaned back into the car and grabbed the keys off of the floor boards. 'Dammit,' I thought. 'Hopefully, he'll just toss them after they leave.' Unfortunately, I shifted my butt again when I was contemplating at trying to grab the keys from the second guy as he was picking them up making easier for the first guy to reach my wallet again. I tried to shift my butt again, but he had managed to grab the pocket, and since the jeans were slightly loose, I just shifted myself in them and the pocket was still partially exposed. He kept trying to pull the wallet from the pocket and said, "Why you doing this over something stupid?"

I replied, "Yeah, why are you doing this over something stupid?"

He then managed to pull the wallet from my pocket and he and the second guy took off running out of the parking lot. I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and watched them running, hoping they'd toss the keys, but they just ran into the darkness in the surrounding neighborhood. Probably less that a minute later, a BART police car drove by I flagged him down and told him what had just happened.

Ive been robbed, but not by weapon-point. My ex-roomates logged into my business account at one point and wire transfered half of the money into theirs and cashed any checks/money orders that were the business'. Then emailed all of my customers saying I stole the money and took off with it.

A lot of stressful emails and phone calls to people i didnt know had to be made in order to try and salvage my name at that point.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I've been broken into and liberated of stuff.

I catch the guy in question, he's losing bodyparts.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yeah, but nothing important..just stuff like workboots...never been mugged though

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

I lived in Santa Ana (orange County), Hayward (Oakland), Fresno and a real shit hole in both San Diego and Long Beach. I've done some very stupid things, and pushed way more limits then my 5'7" self should have. But it wasn't till I moved to Seattle that someone decided to rob/jump me.
    Walking downhill near the public library, I saw a guy walking up towards me. When he got about two feet in front of me, I felt a hard blow to my left shoulder. It nearly dropped me and fractured my collarbone (didn't know that yet tho). The guy in front of me started to kick me in the head and I instinctively raised my hands. That was when I remembered I was holding a razor scooter; good friend had given it to me for my kids.
    I thrust the folded metal scooter while lunging forward and caught the fkr flat in the face. I took a shot to my head and 2 more to my side from the asshole behind me. While i was trying to turn around all I saw was a the end of a metal something hitting me in the chest, about an inch below my throat. Falling backwards I took a wild swing with the razor and caught him to the side of the head, full swing just the tip near the foot break.
    When I was able to realize WTF was going on, one guy was running downhill and the other across the street. I was standing up when I realized that a dick head rent pig was yelling and running across the street towards me.
    I wasn't bleeding that much, and didn't pick up any new stitches, but was sore as fk for about two weeks. That's when I finally went in to see a doctor and found out about my collarbone.
    I have to say, I think if I had been a little taller, the 1st swing would have caught me in the head. And I now like razor scooters

ps: you can carry concealed in WA

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I wasn't so much robbed as beaten up and some of the stuff I had on me was stolen. I had my earrings ripped out, but since they weren't proper ball-closures, they just popped out. I also had my walkman stolen (with one of my favourite cassettes at the time) That shows how long ago it was.

The reason given by the main assailant (when they traced him finally through the blood he left on my t-shirt when he bit me) was that he was drunk. It was 4:30 in the afternoon, he was only 16 at the time and had been in a local pub drinking (surprising that it was closed down soon after)

I have since moved from the area it occurred and have had no hassles since.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

when i was like 8 a guy from the same school class as me threatened me with a rusty steak knife for a bubblegum tattoo. does that count?

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    when i was like 8 a guy from the same school class as me threatened me with a rusty steak knife for a bubblegum tattoo. does that count?
    hell yeah it counts! hopefully you took that fkn rusty knife and stuck him in the ass!
    Motherfucker trying to take your tat, FUK THAT SHIT!

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

twas a pink loveheart. gave it to him, ot in a fight at school later.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Not that its being robbed, but I've had a lot of things stolen from me. My sister and her friends used to go in my room, during high school, when I wasn't home, and steal my clothes and it was a lot of clothes. One time I saw one of the girls walking down the street with one of my sweaters on, made her take it off, but somehow she ended up stealing it again. I hope karma got everyone one of them!

BookOfFaeye's Avatar Book Of Faeye

our house was robbed by some asshole we took in to help him out. We thought he was a friend and we thought we were doing him a favor. Turns out we were. He needed our shit to sell for drug money. After we found our stuff the drug dealer was arrested for taking stolen merch to a pawn shop. Two months after the dealer got out of prison we saw the guy whod robbed us again... he had a HUGE knife gash that was just healing right across his entire face. Forehead to chin.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

when i was 11 a guy came in through the back door, went in to my parents bed room and took a vcr and $30. took off on foot. never caught.

about 5 years ago some crack head broke into our car in our parking garage in LA and stole all our cds. turns out the security cameras in the parking garage were scarecrows. they weren't attached to anything, no tape, no video feed, nadda. that pissed me off. it was funny to take the box of stuff that had been rifled through into the lapd though. for some reason ppl have a bad habit of taking suspect explosives into the police department in large card board boxes. the look on that cop's face was priceless.

~K

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

My car was stolen once. I went out to get into it to go to work & it wasn't there. I had a rental & go the check for a new one. I bought a new one & then they found my old one. Whoever stole it even left their clothes in it but alas it was no longer mine. I miss that car it was a good car. That is as close as I have come to getting robbed. I am surprised because where I live there has been one break-in so far & I walked in on the tail end of it & got stuck calling the cops. Not my place someone else's & I really didn't want any part of it but that is how it goes sometimes. Still don't envy anyone who gets robbed.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

i had my speakers stolen out of my car and my sub...they pulled out the cd player and the left it on the seat, lol it was pretty cheap. And my car doors didn't lock, so I kinda deserved it.

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

I had my place broken into in the summer:

Someone cut the screen windown open, and slid through that way...the window was open (the space was less then a foot high and maybe 1 1/2 feet wide, but one should never underestimate the agility of crackheads). They made off with my iPod, and my sister's good jewellery (the nice stuff my dad had given her). They also stole one of my purses that was hanging off a door knob, which was luckily empty, and found discarded by the trash bins. My closet is also so messy that they probably took one look at it and said 'fuck it' and left.

There are bars on my windows now.

The thing that really bothered me though was to get in they had to crawl over my bed. Needless to say, no matter how many times I washed my sheets, they weren't clean enough.

+ Reply to Thread