+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 16 Tons Of Rotting Food Headed To Fla. Restaurants Seized

and your little dog too

Default 16 Tons Of Rotting Food Headed To Fla. Restaurants Seized

from local 6

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- The state seized 16 tons of rotting pork, beef, chicken, duck, mussels and other food heading for Jacksonville-area Chinese restaurants and dumped the foul food in a landfill, Agriculture and Consumer Services Commissioner Charles Bronson announced Tuesday.

State officers discovered the meat after noticing a smell coming from a truck stopped at the Department of Agriculture's inspection station in Suwannee Springs. They also noticed the truck's refrigeration unit wasn't working.

"The diligence exercised by our officers and food safety inspectors have prevented these unfit food items from entering the marketplace and possibly compromising the safety of the public," Bronson said.

In all, 2,511 containers of food were dumped in the Hamilton County landfill. The food was to be delivered to about 30 restaurants before being seized Saturday, said Terence McElroy, a spokesman for Bronson.

Default Re: 16 Tons Of Rotting Food Headed To Fla. Restaurants Seized

The guy hauling the stuff didn't notice the smell when he stopped on the road?

Icky...I can't believe they were going to actually use that rotting food in restaurants. I don't think I'll be eating at any Chinese restaurants for a while, even though I don't live in Florida...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Charles Bronson is back from the dead???? sweet!! I wanna live in that town.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Charles Bronson is back from the dead???? sweet!! I wanna live in that town.
    hahahahahahahahahahaha..................... maybe that rotting food keeps him sustained. Probably has a backhoe to get all that food for later.

+ Reply to Thread