+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who Else Likes Sushi?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Who Else Likes Sushi?

I just had yellowtail and scallion rolls. Who else likes sushi? Favorite types? Least favorite? I totally can't stand sea urchin.

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Who Else Likes Sushi?

I've only had it once. I probably would have liked if it didn't have to have seaweed in it.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I think they can wrap some types in rice paper and of course sashimi is just the fish part.

Me me.

California rolls. :O

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

hmmmm sushi...

Bedlamite

I love hand rolls. Smoked Salmon, Avacado, Bean Curd, California, Dragon, etc. Yum! I also treat myself to the incredibly not-really-healthy spicy tempura hand rolls. Yum Yum!!!

My favorate Sushi Places are Ichiban in Ashville NC, Kobe in Hickory NC, Sake in Portsmouth NH, Tokyo Garden in London, and the little fresh fish market that was down the street from me in Brooklyn.

Anyone else have favorate places?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

il eat anything if i got a bottle of hot sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    I love hand rolls. Smoked Salmon, Avacado, Bean Curd, California, Dragon, etc. Yum! I also treat myself to the incredibly not-really-healthy spicy tempura hand rolls. Yum Yum!!!

My favorate Sushi Places are Ichiban in Ashville NC, Kobe in Hickory NC, Sake in Portsmouth NH, Tokyo Garden in London, and the little fresh fish market that was down the street from me in Brooklyn.

Anyone else have favorate places?
    I forgot Smoked Salmon! There was this one place in Little Rock called Crazy Hibatchi's. Man, that place was good. And their stuff was ART.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Pass on the sushi for me thanks. But I would love some Saki.

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

ebi and unagi

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    il eat ANYTHING if i got a bottle of hot sauce
    Might want to rephrase that.

why would i ? ive eaten nearly evrything you could possibly think of and yes i have eaten what i think ur thinking

why would i ? ive eaten nearly evrything you could possibly think of and yes i have eaten what i think ur thinking
    Poop?

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I've attempted to eat it several times through sushi rolls. (wraps, or whatever they are called) For some reason the smell drives me away, I just can't put that in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Poop?

couldnt you keep it in the realm of stuff people actualy eat

couldnt you keep it in the realm of stuff people actualy eat

People have actually eaten that before. they had on HBO them doing that to be "kinky" though I just found it disgusting.

Also, they apparently eat poop in africa, and some middle eastern places on a regular basis.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i love sushi. i prefer sushi rolls, i love rice and seaweed. i usually get tuna rolls, spicy tuna rolls, or salmon rolls.

Not sure what it was, but when I had some Sushi, it seemed like chewing on a cold rubbery, squid-like tire.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I love how these two posts that apeared back to back happen to sound when you read them togther:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK

Poop?

I've attempted to eat it several times through sushi rolls. (wraps, or whatever they are called) For some reason the smell drives me away, I just can't put that in my mouth.

I love sushi... I'm especially fond of smelt roe, and shrimp tempura rolls. Seriously though, I'll just eat a big glob of roe (the little orange eggs).
    I used to go to Kawasaki here in Baltimore and get sushi almost every week.
    That caught up with me after awhile... stupid credit cards!
    Anyone who visits Baltimore can take me out for sushi anytime..
    (hey it was worth a try)

I hate how all these trendy hollywood bitches think it's so chic though. ( no offense to people that are cool and in hollywood, it's just the stupid sorority bro hos that live everywhere, that i'm refering to.) they go there and they are yapping on thier cell phones about who fucked who. they don't know anything about eastern culture. that pisses me off. most of the people that own and operate those places are hard working immigrants and I do my best to try to preserve thier traditions and do what would be accepitable if i was in thier native countries.

I think a lot of foreign foods are trendy before they become a regular part of the American menu.
    Chinese food was trendy in the 20s!

yeah but it's shit now. because it's been americanised AKA. made to be bland and generic and rolled out on an assembly line. It's pretty hard to get good chinese here. of course I live 20 miles from mexico, so this is the only place in the country where you can get good mexican food, i'm pretty thankful for that.

Luckily I have good Chinese food on my street, Dim Sum and everything.
    I still think there's a lot of good Chinese food, but it has to compete with the cheap "Americanized" Chinese.
    However, considering that I can't really afford to eat sushi, I can understand the appeal of having a cheaper version (with sushi thats not as feasable but with Chinese food its easier), available for 'the masses.' Its nice to have a lot of options even if you don't have a lot of money.

I don't know about that. most places around here it's pretty decent. and if you have like a health grocery store that carries imports and foriegn foods they'll sometimes have like fresh packaged lunch serving sushi rolls for under five bucks. I've seen them in the major gorcery stores too, I'm not sure how authentic they are, i'd probibly rather go with the indy markets, but being that it's not really a very complex recipe, it might be good.

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Me Me Me!!!

California Rolls, Salmon Rolls and Lobster Rolls...

Basically all types... lol

My fav is spider rolls! Yum yum.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I like the way they give you ginger slabs to make it actually edible

no sir! I dont like it

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

where when and who's buying I love it all of it, now comeone who's buying where we going?Freaking tease!

Bedlamite

Not sure what it was, but when I had some Sushi, it seemed like chewing on a cold rubbery, squid-like tire.

It was probably old....

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

I'll eat it all.. so long as it's well prepared.
    I went to this one sushi bar and they did such an awful job on it..
    Even the flavour was off.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

A good Sushi or Sashimi needs a nice red snapper.

I was the victim of a horrible sea creature incident. No seriously, when I was 16 we went to the west coast on vacation.

One morning in Cali, my mom and her boyfriend got up at sunrise and went to the beach. The found some starfish washed up on shore and thought they would take them home with us.... note we lived all the way out in Missouri and we were still going to Las Vegas before going home.

They put 2 or 3 in a gallon size ziplock bag halfway filled with water. If that weren't horrible enough, they came back to the motel and put them under scalding hot water. I was like, "wtf are you doing?" And they were like, "We're killing them, so we can dry them out and make souveniers." At that time I was thinking what complete idiots they were mostly because we had just went to an aquarium where we purchased dried starfish.

They put the starfish, still submerged in hot water, into the cooler WITH OUR FOOD and we took off for LV. We drove almost to Vegas with those nasty things in our cooler(which had lost ice) in over 100 degree weather until I threw up from the stench of rotting/frying starfish and told them they had better pull their asses over and dump it.

I never thought much of it until I went to NYC and my friend wanted me to try sushi. Well, when we got there it took everything I had to keep from vomiting. That smell will never vanish from my memory and I'm afraid I'm forever cursed.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SindelChaos
    I was the victim of a horrible sea creature incident. No seriously, when I was 16 we went to the west coast on vacation.

One morning in Cali, my mom and her boyfriend got up at sunrise and went to the beach. The found some starfish washed up on shore and thought they would take them home with us.... note we lived all the way out in Missouri and we were still going to Las Vegas before going home.

They put 2 or 3 in a gallon size ziplock bag halfway filled with water. If that weren't horrible enough, they came back to the motel and put them under scalding hot water. I was like, "wtf are you doing?" And they were like, "We're killing them, so we can dry them out and make souveniers." At that time I was thinking what complete idiots they were mostly because we had just went to an aquarium where we purchased dried starfish.

They put the starfish, still submerged in hot water, into the cooler WITH OUR FOOD and we took off for LV. We drove almost to Vegas with those nasty things in our cooler(which had lost ice) in over 100 degree weather until I threw up from the stench of rotting/frying starfish and told them they had better pull their asses over and dump it.

I never thought much of it until I went to NYC and my friend wanted me to try sushi. Well, when we got there it took everything I had to keep from vomiting. That smell will never vanish from my memory and I'm afraid I'm forever cursed.
    That's.. harsh..
    Nothing stinks worse than rotting fish.

Yup. Good stuff. Most all of it. Plain old tuna, salmon, lots of wasabi and soy...

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

oh sushi-
    damnit- I thought it said SLUSHI- I was gonna suggest a Mr. Misty Float!!!
    but as for sushi-
    I only like the shrimp or salmon on the rice cake- or this one variation of a california roll I had one time-

+ Reply to Thread