+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Age Matter?

Default Does Age Matter?

Should their be any age difference between men and woman when they marry ?
    If yes, then what should it be?
    What is the best age difgerence for husband and wife?

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Does Age Matter?

it they make it work, whom am I to judge... Its matter personal, for me at least it would be 5-10 years either way...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

it's weird, because for me it's only one way. which I guess means it could never work.

for instance, I would date someone that was say, 30. but I wouldn't really feel comfortable dating someone that was 18.

the older you get the less the age difference matters. someone that is 40 dating someone that is 45 isn't really a big difference. a 20 year old dating a fifteen year old is an ocean.

I guess I just have a tendency to feel like people that date people that are younger than them aren't very mature, because they have to date someone that is less mature then their own age group.

that might be a really unfair stereotype, but then I do know that the general population is pretty stupid and their dating habits are no exception, so it might not be so far off.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

my mom is 10 years younger than my dad, and she now says that if she could go back she would marry someone younger, because he is having health problems and she isn't yet, and she said its really hard to watch your husband lose his health while she still wants to go out and do stuff..

as for me, i really dont care..if you click with someone it doesnt matter their age

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

My wife is 9 years and 9 months younger than me, We may have been born in the same decade, but only just. People say the difference in our ages is too much, but because I refuse to act my age, I probably act younger than her. (She refuses to take me through any toy department of a shop, because any buttons that say "try me" or "push button to hear sound effects", you can bet I'll push it!)
    The thing you have to think is when I'm 75, she'll be 66, so there won't be much difference. It's all a matter of perspective. True, at the ages of 16 and 25, it may seem a little creepy, but when the couple are 36 and 45, will there be anyone one calling the older person a cradle snatcher? I doubt it.

Finding someone interesting, intelligent, mature, fun and sane (in the right ways) is a damn lucky thing. Finding someone like that who also does it for you physically is really something special.

Lots of people will go through their entire lives without ever being as mature as some people are in their late teens. As long as the relationship isn't predatory, it shouldn't matter.

Love is so Blind...

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

Interesting topic...

I was recently researching my family history, and discovered that my great-grandfather (b. 1852) was 30 years older than my great-grandmother. I imagine they were happy enough, they had five children, my grandfather born when his father was well into his sixties.

That being said, I agree that while "love is blind" and "age ain't nothing but a number", when one is a teenager, one's hormones are out of whack and you're still developing...I guess thats why a 5-year age difference in a romantic relationship between a fifteen and a twenty year old is illegal...it almost seems obscene.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that alot of growing up happens when you're a teenager, and you need to walk before you can run. Besides, there are enough bat-shit crazy people to date your own age, why add all the teenage neurosis?

sinderella's Avatar Member

I am 40 and my partner is 29. We have been together 4 years now and I do not notice any age gap.

If fact I would say he was the grown up in the relationship

+ Reply to Thread