+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slumdog Millionaire

Nikos-winter's Avatar Junior Member

Default Slumdog Millionaire

This movie has won 8 Oscars , does it really deserve that, one thing is for sure if it was released in India it would have probably flop.

I think it's a nice movie, small budget comparing to other Hollywood movies, nice songs .. What are your view, does it really deserve 8 Oscars or nothing at all ?

Default Re: Slumdog Millionaire

I thought it was awesome.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I haven't seen it, but I really want to.

I thought it was kind of slow for my tastes but I really do think it deserves all the awards and acclaim it received. Next to the Wrestler it was one of the best movies I've seen lately.

Just a short synopsis (no real spoilers) for those interested in it.

A kid and his brother are born in the slums of India. Kid meets this little girl who's also a slumrat. All kinds of sick, crazy and depraved things occur lettign you see the underbelly of the Indian slums.

Alot of crazy shit occurs and the kid finds himself on Indias "Who wants to be a Millionaire" show. Hes atleast 18 now and his brother is around 20. The kid wants to stay on the show not to win a million..but so that he can find the girl he met when he was young and fell in love with.

I just like how the characters grow up in front of you, and you see how they survive. The love story is well done and not tacky and the underworld/seedy elements are pretty fucking cool too.

I'll buy it when its dvd.

+ Reply to Thread