Thread: Motorcycles

Default Motorcycles

Does anybody ride one?

Hellmo's Avatar Member

Default Re: Motorcycles

not at the moment but im looking to get one to do my test this year

i have no idea on them apart from i want one with two wheels that goes :>

Cool. I just got my permit and am trying to see if the MSF classes are worth the additional $120.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Yes..street and ORV. I never took any "paid" lessons, I just started riding very young. The test for a liscense was a piece of cake for me, but that was many, many years ago.

I just don't know what to expect. What do they throw at you (if ya can remember)? What do you ride?

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Currently I ride my wife but seriously... I have had sooo many bikes and currently have ONE pathetic little dirtbike,Yamaha. (had to sell a lot in the last year) But as far as the tests go. Simple knowledge stuff with a pretty comprehensive field test. If you can pass a driving test you can pass a bike test. Here in Mich. they are more concerned about road safety, so the road test are more difficult. Best advice I could give ya, hop on and practice, practice, practice. It's your own ass (and skin) you'll be saving.

thanks

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I really really want one. Actually what I'd like to do is build one so I can learn about it and/or restore one.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i've had a few triumph Bobbers....

i'm actually building a "YamaBobber" right now,since the 70's yamaha's were basically a copy of the Triumph's of the same age...

much cheaper....

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I ride, work on and will be building my first bike starting this weekend;]

Im saving up to have a custom made, already designed, just gotta get the cash to have it built

Thurbane316's Avatar Throbbing Member

I've always been more of a fan of roadbikes like Ducatis or Kawasakis than cruisers (Harleys, Triumphs...)

I really liked the motorcycle in the first Terminator movie, and also the ones in the Road Warrior. I think they were Kawasakis with a custom fairing.
    I'm buying a brand new scooter today. I'm super stoked (although it's raining outside). 150cc Stella. it's not a Lambretta but I like it.

When I was 10 I raced Dirt Bikes..I rode a Yamaha YZ80....BUT....One nice wreck and my mom went ballistic and wouldnt let me race anymore and sold my bike...

When I was 15 I bought a Yamaha YZ125 and beefed it up....Tried to get back into racing but just couldnt do it...

Then I discovered Cars with my dad....I have been doing that ever since...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

oh you like the old vintage bikes, me too, they have that barbaric feel to them, I had a few of the old RD350's but those days are long gone now, and I'm still looking for something new that I like, they just dont make them like they used to

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I used to race BMX in Hawaii and a friend tried to get me into motocross, but I wrecked pretty immediately, so I've had a healthy respect for the notion that a motor bike would probably just get me broken. I know myself.

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    I really liked the motorcycle in the first Terminator movie, and also the ones in the Road Warrior. I think they were Kawasakis with a custom fairing.
    I'm buying a brand new scooter today. I'm super stoked (although it's raining outside). 150cc Stella. it's not a Lambretta but I like it.

nice. I prefer a P200 myself

+ Reply to Thread