+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Bored? Make a game!"

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

Default "Bored? Make a game!"

Videogames. The vast majority of people online play them at least sometimes. Well what about making your own game? Requires annoying programming or learning how to do so? Not anymore!

I posted some links that will show you how easy it can be to make your own games, even publish them and sell them, and some of these let you do so without coding ONE FUCKING LINE.

I will expand on this as time goes on, and if anyone has some helpful data, please post it.

*click on the demo movie to see what you can make with this badass toolset. You can make old-style RPG games!
    http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/

If you have trouble with finding the program online, I have the files...

Here is some more information on other types of games:

Make a Shooter: http://www.fpscreator.com

Ray Game Designer is a game authoring tool that was released in 1997 as a commercial tool. I've now turned it into a freeware system. Even if the rendering engine is a bit old, it will learn you all the steps needed to create your own game, without programming a single line of code.

http://eicart.free.fr/rgd/index.htm

Mega resource for game design for people who do NOT code:

http://www.ambrosine.com/resource.html

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Default Re: "Bored? Make a game!"

FPS creator is terrible, and i have had experience with some RPG creators in the past and although the coding element is stripped that was never the hard part of RPG development, story line and game logic is the hardest thing to setup in an RPG.

helpful data? if your really intrested in making a game, learn to program!

second piece of helpful data: if you are really intrested in making an RPG and can write an intresting and captivating story pick up a copy of Neverwinter nights and use their editor to create your own game chapters, atleast then you know it will look good and have a solid engine behind it.

morrowind construction set is fun too *_*

its only like $10 now (the morrowind game of the year edition with the 2 expansions) so its pretty inexpensive

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    FPS creator is terrible, and i have had experience with some RPG creators in the past and although the coding element is stripped that was never the hard part of RPG development, story line and game logic is the hardest thing to setup in an RPG.

helpful data? if your really intrested in making a game, learn to program!

second piece of helpful data: if you are really intrested in making an RPG and can write an intresting and captivating story pick up a copy of Neverwinter nights and use their editor to create your own game chapters, atleast then you know it will look good and have a solid engine behind it.

That is very true.

I was posting this for people who do not code. There are alot of people out there with great ideas that are not coders, nor that know a good one.

As for the NWN thing, I love that con-set but it is still not my own thing if I make a module. I can warp it to a tc but yeah. It is unplayable by anyone unless they have NWN. So it would be constrained in some ways.

Rpg Maker is actually cursed with limited resources for making characters, as in graphics. It can be tedious to the point of madness, I concur, but it the final output is really neat to see.

I found this new link shortly after I made the thread, but I was not online here then. It is an MMO game creation package. I got ahold of it, and it works. I have made a little world with a town, and some zones. I ran it as a test server for myself, and I almost pissed my pants. It was like a walmart-brand knockoff of WOW, but instead of the of fantasy characters, it was talking sporks (im dabbling, have mercy)

http://www.realmcrafter.com

+ Reply to Thread