+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you rather be a champion of a team sport or individual sport?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Would you rather be a champion of a team sport or individual sport?

Would you rather be a champion of a team sport or individual sport? Which team or individual sport?

I'll start. I would way rather be a star player on a championship team with more than one star player, so I could excel and have peers at the same time. I also thought the Superfriends was like the most awesome concept in Saturday morning cartoons as a kid. Just couldn't get up in the morning on Saturdays.

Default Re: Would you rather be a champion of a team sport or individual sport?

I'd rather excell at something that isn't a sport.

Excelling as an individual is generally perfect in that it allows you to use your abilities for any purpose they pertained to, whether cooperative or solo. You can compare with or name anyone as a peer, but still rely only on yourself.

Sports spoil personal quality by prescribing its expression. I wouldn't bother getting good at anything that didn't serve a more universal purpose than the manupulation of a particular game's scoring mechanics; and while one might easily be good at a game by extention of more general physical fitness, in such a case the game wouldn't be the thing I'd describe my hypothetical excellence by.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

I've sworn to the Fates that I won't excel at any sports. I'm already a world-class singer, actor, writer, philosopher, storyteller, parent, comedian, melee fighter, mathematician, historian, psychologist/sociologist, astronomer, and lover. I've agreed to leave Sports to others, for fairness's sake... and because I just don't care for them. (Though before I started smoking, I was a hell of a soccer player and runner.)

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

neither. I hate sports, and I don't run unless I'm being chased....... with a gun.

Since I'm a kick boxer and mixed martial arts fight. That would be easy one to answer lol.

Beside that I've never been the best team player.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I'm not much of a team player (too stubborn), and I don't do sports.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

futbol (soccer) as it was-is my favorite. Not specific to individual\group though.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

individual sport for sure...............there is no I in team so I can't be bothered with that

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Well the only sports Ive been good at are Karate (aiming for the world cup in Melbourne this year!) and Parkour (but Im not fit enough to do that properly)

vampireonyx's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Would you rather be a champion of a team sport or individual sport? Which team or individual sport?

I'll start. I would way rather be a star player on a championship team with more than one star player, so I could excel and have peers at the same time. I also thought the Superfriends was like the most awesome concept in Saturday morning cartoons as a kid. Just couldn't get up in the morning on Saturdays.
    Not thtat I'm good at any sport, but I'd rather win at an individual sport, so you don't have to share credit. And I'm not a very good team player

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G

Wow! I haven't thought about the superfriends in an age. Shame on you for making me feel old :P
    Actually, I am not sure about this one because up until my knee packed in (almost a cliche I realise) I was heavily into team and individual sports. If I had to pick a team sport it would have been Rugby, and for individual sports...any one of several track and field.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Can't I just be a champion? Eh, fuck it, I don't feel like having to listen to Queen right now...

Quote Originally Posted by allah
    ah a scot! looking forward to Ireland V Scotland next weekend?
    Hehe...half Scottish and half English. I'm a walking Calcutta Cup. Haven't seen too many really good games yet so far in this competition but I am ever hopeful.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

Individual sport, cos you get to shower alone when its over

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Hmmm I could go in the team kata events, but I dont know anyone who is at the same level as me who would want to do it, I know that sounds real "better than everyone else" but the only people are at a much higher grade than me and so wouldnt want to be at my level or are people who have just started.

Quote Originally Posted by allah
    IRELAND FTW!! FUCKIN' RIGHT! GRANDSLAM 2009!!
    Hehehe...was a good match Certainly went to the wire for that last drop goal.

+ Reply to Thread