+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oddness in LA

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Default Oddness in LA

So, during my first real day in LA, I'm having lunch with a friend of mine at a Denny's on Sherman Way and we are talking about her art and my documentary.

These two guys in the booth next to us, as they are leaving stop and say that they overheard our conversation and wanted to know a bit more about my documentary and asks if I have a business card and a ******* page. I give him my card and write the address to ******* on it.

He tells me his name is Belz and that he runs a club in West Hollywood called Basement and that a lot of Goth & fetish models hang out there and he'll try and get some of them interested in participating in my documentary.

They leave. Later when I have access to a computer I search around online for a bit and can't find anything out about Belz or Basement. I'd love to check out this club while I'm down here.

I should have asked for a business card in return. :smacks self in head:

But anyone familiar with this guy or his club? And where is it?

Default Re: Oddness in LA

have you tried bassment? maybe its a play on words.

I tried that and still nothing. Another person I've contacted has never heard of him or the club, either.

yea i cant find anything about it either.either its a very new club, its that underground or maybe he wanted to steal your idea.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

The basement closed.

It was an underground afterhours club.

Lots of BDSM, without the rules of the regular LA clubs.

Lots of people who would go to Dungeon, Sinister, etc, would go there after the regular clubs closed. Last time I heard, they were closed for good. Apparently the cops paid him a visit, and told him to either close it down for good, or the next time they came, he would be arrested. So he shut it down. But who knows, maybe he opened it up again...

Thanks, DeathKnight. That's good to know. Maybe when I go to Sinister this weekend, I may get more information about the possible reappearance of Basement.

Hopefully, I'll find people to interview and/or photograph for my doc. I wish I had more time in LA than I do.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

What's your doc about?

It's about Goth & alt erotica.

woot ! ,i love you Bill ,
    Bill for PREZ !

Aw, gee, thanks! But I'd wait until I finish the thing first. I mean, it could be craptacular, though my editing class really liked the test edit I did.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessBill
    Aw, gee, thanks! But I'd wait until I finish the thing first. I mean, it could be craptacular, though my editing class really liked the test edit I did.
    I wish we could have hooked up while you were in town. Maybe next time or we'll get to SF. Hope your trip was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I wish we could have hooked up while you were in town. Maybe next time or we'll get to SF. Hope your trip was fun.
    I hope we can get together. Let me know if you are ever heading up to SF, and I will let you know when I head back to LA.

I was going to message you and ask if it would be okay if I could be an assistant at one of your shoots. Being a novice at doing this type of photography and all, I thought I would have been a great learning experience.

Yes, the trip was fun. Let fruitful professionally as I had hoped, but as a vacation I had fun.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

ooh ohhh ooohh!!! *waving hands* I want an assisstant, i mean I want to be an assisstant....

Hmm, maybe a BC contest would be rad, I mean BB (LOL).... the winner gets to have help with a shoot.... hhmmmmm that would rock

+ Reply to Thread