+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google Honors Trekkies

Default Google Honors Trekkies

The Google doodle this week is a fun little interactive toy honoring Star Trek's 46th anniversary. I liked to watch Star Trek when I was really super young. I liked the adventure and the alien planets and the aliens. I kind of hated the thing where Kirk would regularly seem to be having a relationship which mattered and then he'd be off to the next planet with no future mention of his green girlfriend du...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Google Honors Trekkies

I don't own a uniform or have a 50 year old extra in the basement but I've seen all of Star Trek: The Next Generation, because it made ethical problems work in the context of entertainment, and when it was optimistic it came off both emotional and legitimate; not to mention that the cast had chemistry, like the first one, which though I've barely seen much of it I might attempt to watch more of for its longstanding fame. I can honestly say that TNG is superior in every way to moral propaganda like Dragon Tales. And Star Trek maybe picked up on it first that Science-Fiction is a great outlet for humanism since someone can look at it and say, "That's what the future should be like."

+ Reply to Thread