+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you like podcasts or internet radio?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you like podcasts or internet radio?

Do you like podcasts? Do you listen to podcasts, make podcasts, appear on other people's podcasts? Do you listen to internet radio?

If you listen to content online, either podcast or streaming radio, what sorts of things do you like to listen to? Interviews, music, educational...?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Do you like podcasts or internet radio?

I'll listen to music sometimes other than that I can't be bothered

rikosaka's Avatar ChorizoSmells

I have checked out some podcasts, a friend does one from the states so I check it out sometimes. Also check out some podcasts on digital video/photography but it has been a while since I tuned into those. Recently I check out my friend's internet radio station, they put it out from here. He had a club a while back but he closed it so now he and all his DJ friends put their mixes on there, check it out. you can hear what is playing in the Osaka club scene;

http://www.oasis-radio.net/

YoungSoulRebel's Avatar Dexys Midnight Blunder

I sometimes listen to the Internet broadcasts at ModRadioUK and periodically update a music podcast.

I also sometimes listen to my "recommendations radio" at Last.FM

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

no.

I still dig indie 103 now that they are on-line. the music is hit and miss, but at least it is different. I also like the barely legal radio show on there, but IP laws amuse me.

And of course Pandora is great for throwing random music in my direction.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I've never listened to either. If there was a jazz station, I might be coerced.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I use to listen to the Distorted View Daily podcast, but that was in Iraq just to have something funny to listen to while I got ready for my shift. It was always pretty funny/disgusting, but once I got back to the states I could never remember to download the newest casts.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I've never listened to either. If there was a jazz station, I might be coerced.

I think it's safe to say there's more than one jazz station on last.fm - even if you're solely interested in Scandinavian folk jazz from 1952 to 1954, there's undoubtedly a tag for it.

That's what the Web is for - you get to meet hideously strange people you wouldn't want to find sitting next to you on the bus, and steal their thoughts.

Personally I've got last.fm on most of the time I'm working, unless work means I have to listen to someone else's excuse for a tune. Don't tend to listen to podcasts, if only because I can read faster than they talk; but breakfasts are always spent with BBC radio 4. You've never really enjoyed a boiled egg until it's accompanied by Melvin Bragg debating the merits of logical positivism. It's no good at work though, as I end up thinking too much and working too little; not an issue with NDH.

If I wanted to listen to a bunch of idiots rant about random topics I'll just go hang out with my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett View Post
    If I wanted to listen to a bunch of idiots rant about random topics I'll just go hang out with my friends.
    Like on a message board or something?

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames View Post
    I think it's safe to say there's more than one jazz station on last.fm - even if you're solely interested in Scandinavian folk jazz from 1952 to 1954, there's undoubtedly a tag for it.

That's what the Web is for - you get to meet hideously strange people you wouldn't want to find sitting next to you on the bus, and steal their thoughts.

Personally I've got last.fm on most of the time I'm working, unless work means I have to listen to someone else's excuse for a tune. Don't tend to listen to podcasts, if only because I can read faster than they talk; but breakfasts are always spent with BBC radio 4. You've never really enjoyed a boiled egg until it's accompanied by Melvin Bragg debating the merits of logical positivism. It's no good at work though, as I end up thinking too much and working too little; not an issue with NDH.
    I'll have to check that out. I like jazz a whole lot.

Podcast, because I'm on the go so much. I'm currently addicted to The History of Rome. Once you start... you can't stop!

Well i like to listen to live internet radios in my free time and love to listen music and other educational programmes.hkgfm is my best internet radio.

+ Reply to Thread