+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever replaced song lyrics in your head while listening?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Have you ever replaced song lyrics in your head while listening?

Have you ever replaced song lyrics in your head while listening and then been disturbed to find out what the lyrics really were? What was the song and actual lyrics and what did you replace? Did you like your version better?

I have an aunt who used to think some of the lyrics in the Flashdance song were, "take your pants off and make it happen" as opposed to "take your passion and make it happen." Here version is clearly the superior one.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Have you ever replaced song lyrics in your head while listening?

I 've been doing that my whole lofe...............I even went for years with my own version of the national anthem.........................sometimes my versions are better

LaurenWK's Avatar Senior Member

Ahaha, ALL the time. I almost always end up liking my version better....

The latest was with a song by the Bloodhound Gang. The lyrics are "Foxtrot, Uniform, Charlie, Kilo" I thought they were "Foxtrot, Unicorn, Charlie, Kilo."

Excuse me, but my version is SO much better, ahah.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Yeah, and if I'm singing outloud I'm always like "she (or he) forgot the lyrics" ...lol..to their own song, and I blush

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

yes, I make up new ones on purpose and even sing them out loud for my own entertainment.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    I 've been doing that my whole lofe...............I even went for years with my own version of the national anthem.........................sometimes my versions are better
    'We stand on god for thee'? Hahaha....that's my line

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Yes, my man gets annoyed with me when I sing incorrect lyrics. But I love it, its just me putting my own spin on things, and I do that to a lot of songs. The song I sing the most with switched lyrics..." If I could spend time in a bottle". Hes like what, you can't spend time in a bottle. Like hell, Genie could do it, so the song works, damnit!

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

I'm intentional about it; a regular Weird Al. There are some songs I'll NEVER sing the correct lyrics to...

... such as The Who's "Talkin' Bout My Genitalia," and other soon-to-be hits.

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

yea like dios holy diaper and credence there's a bathroom on the right

holy diaper ive been down too long in the midnight pee

if you dont pull over to the right i'm gonna take your life there is a bathroom on the right

+ Reply to Thread