+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who's Made A Difference In Your Life Ths Year??

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Who's Made A Difference In Your Life Ths Year??

It's so easy to get caught up in the monotony of life that sometimes we forget to stop and think.... who has made a positive difference in my life this year?

So here goes.....

My friend Zen Dom for always being there and always being sane. I can ask him for advice and it wont be sugar coated or vague. He's just there to help and listen :-) Plus he showers me with compliments whenever I cook for him, so that's an added bonus :-) In a social circle where a lot of my friends are kinda nuts (something that has it's pro's and con's) it's wonderful to have someone that's consistently a positive force in my life.

My friend David, for somehow evolving along the same path as me :-) I don't know how it has happened that way, we both started out so tormented and angry and have both chosen more elevated paths since. It's great when instead of having change tear us apart it brings us closer to people we love.

My beautiful lover man, for putting up with my bouts of depression and knowing when not to take it personally. And for giving me the sweetest doggies as a Valentine's Day gift. We are having a date tonight with wine and cheese and tiramisu :-) It is beautiful to have someone to experience such silly intimacies with :-) Sometimes it's not the people we go out and socialize with but the one's we're comfortable enough with just to sit around at home with that mean the most.

There are many more people in my life I am thankful to have, how about you all? Someone you'd like to give a shout out to????

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Who's Made A Difference In Your Life Ths Year??

the people I work for have made a big difference for me this year

Default Re: Who's Made A Difference In Your Life Ths Year??

That would have to be my ex-girlfriend for providing me with hours of fun and comfort, for sitting by the banks of the river listening to her crappy phone speaker pumping music, for being completely honest no matter how much it has hurt me and for providing me with the courage and inspiration to move, get out of the rut I'm in with life and do something adventurous, like move to the UK! Though, I'm currently trying to forget her because for all the good shes done she's also taken a lot from me without reciprocating such as attention and love. I guess she provided me with a new strength and confidence though.

I'm not sure there has been anyone else that has helped me this year, although being employed full-time has provided me with the experience I need to progress forward in life.

My friends Nicole and David, who are in a similar situation as myself regarding partners, emotions, work and general feeling of being trapped. Partying with those kids has really helped me overcome some of my issues and feelings of loneliness.

This is the old work crew as well, who I've been chilling with a lot recently. Nicole is missing from the picture but Amber, Heidi and Dave (I'm in the blue/purple) have really brought a lot of fun and mischief back into my life.

+ Reply to Thread