+ Reply to Thread

Thread: quitting smoking

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Default quitting smoking

me and my mom are quitting smoking together.

we've both tried all the other ways, cold turkey, gum, the patch etc.

now she's found a tea! this is the weirdest stuff, u drink the tea through out the day and whenever u have a smoke u feel so sick that u just dont want to smoke.

the first day i drank it and when i went to have a smoke it almost sent me reeling.

i'm smoking alot less, so i guess its worth it.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: quitting smoking

You can do it!!! Just get through it one day at a time!!! Keep it up!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady
    me and my mom are quitting smoking together.

we've both tried all the other ways, cold turkey, gum, the patch etc.

now she's found a tea! this is the weirdest stuff, u drink the tea through out the day and whenever u have a smoke u feel so sick that u just dont want to smoke.

the first day i drank it and when i went to have a smoke it almost sent me reeling.

i'm smoking alot less, so i guess its worth it.
    What is the name of the tea? Where would I get it? I'm gonna have to start by the end of the week.

OEC

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    What is the name of the tea? Where would I get it? I'm gonna have to start by the end of the week.

OEC

Yes, please what isa the name of the tea...

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

its called 'west lake Stop Smoking Tea'

we got it at the local bulk food store.

i think u can find it at most bulk and health food stores.

good luck~

|totprod|'s Avatar Junior Member

Stop smoking sucks.. but I've been off for over three weeks now.. and I've been smoking for 15 years.. Yes it sucks.. but so far, so good.. And that tea sounds horrible, not only should I punish myself by not smoking, but I should get sick as well?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by |totprod|
    Stop smoking sucks.. but I've been off for over three weeks now.. and I've been smoking for 15 years.. Yes it sucks.. but so far, so good.. And that tea sounds horrible, not only should I punish myself by not smoking, but I should get sick as well?

Congrats on the three weeks!

I'm with ya on the tea thing though.

Lucky Strikes...... My most favoritest of favorites.

How could I give up smoking 20 of you a day? How could I give up bad breath and hacking fits that produced more phlegm than a pediatrician's office in November? How could I give up yellowed teeth, stinky fingers, heart palpitations during strenuous exercise (and if yer on the Blue Blood boards, you better know what I mean by strenuous exercise), the thought of kicking the bucket in a slooow gruesome way from lung cancer.....???

Very easily. Used Nicoderm patch. One year ago. Bye bye smokey. Whole new me.

Pretty white teeth, gained a healthy 10 lbs., and I don't salivate when I talk anymore. Also, I stand up straighter and my car is more fuel-efficient. But that's cause I bought a new one with all the money I saved.

BeautifulCorpse's Avatar the bitch down the street

Quote Originally Posted by tinstar
    But that's cause I bought a new one with all the money I saved.
    now theres some incentive for ya! i do need a new car....

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

A good method is being poor and hanging out around people that don't smoke, you'd be amazed how fast you stop smoking, whether you like it or not. that's what worked for me.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

There is no way that I am giving up my cigars, not a hope in Hades.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    A good method is being poor and hanging out around people that don't smoke, you'd be amazed how fast you stop smoking, whether you like it or not. that's what worked for me.
    Hanging out with non-smokers I can well believe, but being poor? The heaviest cigarette smokers in Germany are those on welfare or the lower incomes - the general claim that I have heard is if they don't smoke they have nothing in life. The same goes for alcoholism.

From personal experience: my ex rang me up a couple of years ago and demanded that I send her more money as she had used up all her welfare and my alimony already and there was no food in the house for her children (one of which is mine, three are not!). I asked her whether she had enough cigarettes and she told me she'd just bought two packets. I hung up the phone.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well natural survival insticts usually won't let a person starve to death, so if they have to really choose between cigs and food, they'll eventually buy food. however, most don't have to make this choice as they bum cigs off of other people, or smoke the discarded butts other's have left behind (i've been there) hence the part about hanging out with non smokers. it's basically a forced cold turkey because this situation deprives you from being able to get ciggarettes, like I said before, whether you want them or not. Oh yeah, and in being poor you don't have enough money to pay for transportation to get to the store and buy cigarettes, so that's another reason. due to the nature of cigaretes even your craving probbily won't put you in the position to want to walk several miles up the road to buy your smokes.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

congradulations on stopping smoking!! its sooo good for you not to smoke. i am the only one of my friends who doesnt smoke and im really glad i don't because i dont know what i would do with myself. i see how addicting it can be. bleh it makes you look so old and eventually as you get older you will get a smoke-related disease. "we're all going to die anyways" but seriously there are less painful ways of dying...

Weblogger

Actually, the one thing I have against smoking is the smell. Not just the smell of a cigarette being smoked, but the clinging smell which follows you around and tells everyone that you're a smoker. I get it mainly on my clothes, and notice it the next day when packing my washing in the laundry basket, when I go out to a bar or similar and, even though I haven't touched a cigar, others have smoked their cigarettes and the smell is all over me. I hate that.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I still love smoking, have no plans to give it up (today anyway) tried once though years ago cause I was way out in the middle of nowhere and there was to tobacco to be had and ended up trying every type of weed bark and whatever ,AH nothing quite like inhaling smoke

Weblogger

I wonder how many people in Ireland have given up smoking since the ban came into force last year, and how many people in Italy will give up. Although I can imagine Italians not giving too much of a damn, since the bulk of them were against this smoking ban and the government forced it through against the will of their electorate.

+ Reply to Thread