+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: your parents

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

Default your parents

Most likely, your parent(s) love you, but do your parent(s) like you?

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

Default Re: your parents

they didn't when i was a teenager, and i don't blame them.

i'm not as insane/hormonal/angry/bitchy anymore. so i'm back on their good side. Looking back, i think "jesus christ, how did they not kill me?" I was a total bitch to them! And all those stupid things we fought about... *sigh*

My dad does. I'm not so sure about my mom...

Zoe_Zoebaboe's Avatar Senior Member

My parents like me. Strangely ehough i'm the only spawn to get a job and be swelf-sufficient.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i think they do theyve never been on my case about anything

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

my mom likes me (there is a big joke in the family about me being the favorite) but thats just b/c i am the only son and my sisters are much more confrontational about dealing with family issues where i wheel and deal to get my way. i've also been known to cry when all else fails and let me tell you the mom thing kicks into overdrive and i get my way

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

My mom likes me and the person I am, we're close, but she's not so fond of my lifestyle and habits

wright now my mom is my best friend... I don't have dad, he died in '89.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

That's a really interesting question. My parents are both dead. I always thought that I had more of a special bond with my father. My mother never really liked me. I think she was jealous because my father loved me. I know that is a strange thing to say. I actually talked to my dad after he died... I know, but I did....

My mother always liked one of my brothers the best. Even when my brothers abandoned her when she was sick, and I took care of her, I don't think she ever really loved me or liked me.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

my parents like me now. sometimes the don't understand me.

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

my mom thinks i'm the greatest thing since sliced bread, she says i'm everything in a person she wanted to be but isn't, self confident and not afraid to do what i want.

my dad think's i'm insane, but on the same token we get along great
    (he's a big time cowboy country bumpkin so he just looks at me shakes his head and say's"lets go get a beer")it's pretty fuckin' funny

that's gret if you have good relationship with your parents one of the pieces in cake for good life

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

I'm the freak in my family but I think I'm also the most well adjusted. My father and I were buddies until the day he died. My Mom still likes me too.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Yup they like me...they have to or i've threatened to stick em in an old folks home when they get old. Bwahahahahahahha!!

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Both My parents adore me, it' been tough with my mom she just lost her husband my dad to cancer. I use to think my dad didn't like me but when he got sick I realized that not only did he like me but I think he at times wish he could have had some of my traights....We use to shhot pool together and he taugh me alot I wish i could ahve got to know him better he was a busy man when I was younger. As for both I think they don't agree with some of my choices but they did and do like me...like GasMaskgirl I am surprised they never shot me..but I think they realized they created me and helped me form alot of my idas and openmindedness....my dad was a great hugger when he gave ahug you knew not only did he like you he wante dyou to like yourself....he didn't just like anyone. My mom yeah she likes me I think though she's worried about me at times..but knows I got a good eha on my shoulders and things will get worked out. Laughs yeah they love me and like me....or I wouldn't be the cynical badass I am at times...

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

I have paid a lot emotionally, physically and financially for the ability to say loud and proud:

I don't give a crap what my parents think of me!

~Histrionica~

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Yup they like me...they have to or i've threatened to stick em in an old folks home when they get old. Bwahahahahahahha!!
    i told my dad id send him to an old folks home once when i was like 10 years old and hes always telling people im goin to send him away when he gets old

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

my mom likes me my dad knda likes me but not really but hes been a lot nicer since ive gone off to college

My dad likes me, but I'm not so sure about my mom... We're not on speaking terms right now. All I can say is thank God I don't live with her.

ANJ134's Avatar Junior Member

my parents both get on with me. We have a good friendship and they are honest about the things they agree or disagree with in my life. They are now learning to deal with my opinions about life and allow me to be open and honest with them.
    They will naturally have the parental role as it is embedded in most parents, but over time they see me living out my life myself and don't interfer,

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

I and my patents have never done the whole "teenage vs parent angst" thing. Even when I was the only person in the town wearing plastic pants

Quote Originally Posted by Mekahoel The Pandafist
    I and my patents have never done the whole "teenage vs parent angst" thing. Even when I was the only person in the town wearing plastic pants
    Its off topic, but I actually saw a clothing add for a suit made from Illuminum foil, for 50,000 $

What a load of rubbish that was.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

aluminum foil? ill have to make one

DPietz's Avatar Member

At the old age of 21 my mother declared that I was old enough to care for myself and packed up her truck, leaving me with the car, and moved out headed west.

We send Christmas cards.

~D

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Yes and yes. But, to varying degrees. I have always been really friendly with my father. At times, I have been best friends with my mother, but that's pretty much over. We are barely friends anymore.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

I think they do though at least i think my mom does im never sure about my dad as he rarely ever (never until yesturday) say anything positive about me or my work. Yesturday however he walked in a bit drunk after his fishing trip and said "wow thats as good as one of mine" about my painting, so I think he's starting to like me

hahahahaha thats funny my mom and dad likeing me nope not sence I was 12 thats when I came out I guess they didnt want a lesbian for a daughter hmm dono dont care the can all fuck off and kiss my tan ass!!!!
    HA!

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I have friends who are gays and thier parents love em...one of them loves his son becasue" the kid has more fashion sense then the wife, heck if she kicks it I'll be able to look good for another gal" I'm sorry that you and your parents don't get along because of your sexuality? you said Tan..are you asian? All I know about asian parents is what my friend Benny said" godam mutha fuckin parents dunno shit want me to be banker like them fuck them fascist parents!!!"he's now a succesful interior designer for the bank of hongkong.....karma????

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Mine threw me out several times and I had some fights with my dad in that time. Since I moved out of their house, we get along quite good.

(CPRB) No Im not asian Im mexiacn thats why I said that lol

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

My Parents rock, they're not perfect but then again nobody is.

my Mum has always been good to me, and i can quite happily go out and get wrecked with my Dad! there have been planty of times when we'll all have a laugh!

It's the rest of the world i wonder about.

Paul Cat.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Hard to say in my case. I know that my father told other people he was proud of my achievements shortly before he died, but he never had a chance to tell me straight to my face. In fact, it was one of the doctors who operated on him shortly before he died who told me. My mother, not a clue. She left the family back when I was five or so, came back briefly into my life in my late teens and then disappeared again. What's more important to me now, as an adult, is that my children know I like them as much as I love them (yes, I know the difference too), and that I am prepared to accept them for what they are.

my rentals love me...my dad sort of got me into the music neway so they only have themselves 2 blame...

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

My parents are proud of the fact that I'm getting my shit together........ In High School I didn't do shit and now I'm paying for it in college, but right now I'm doing well so it's not much of an issue. I don't see my dad much because he's a thousand miles away, but he and I still speak........ I used to hate my dad because of how he told my mom he was divorcing her, but now I try to stay away from my mom because she is so bitter that she does nothing but bring other people down...... she told me once that if my dad asks how she is, I was supposed to say "mom doesn't cry as much this year" to which I told my mom that if she wanted to see me again then she would stop that shit, so far she has.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

we're used to each other

Poisondove's Avatar Member

My dad is totally proud of me and supports my adventures in academia land.
    ...my mom is a another story.

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

Ugh, well I can't say much without getting a little too personal. I will say this.
    My parents like and love me as a person and as their child. I was a pain in the arse as a kid and still kinda am to them mostly now, but I make it up with sheer charisma and personality. They are proud of the fact I chose to go to College on my own nudge rather then pressuring me. They encourage me to stick to writing and to a point (now this is where I hesistate), to express myself.

And that is how my parents not only love me but like me.

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

I am the definite black sheep of the family. My parents and I get along so long as I do shit their way, which won't work in the end, because I won't. They don't like the father of my baby, they want me to live at home forever, and they want me to do exactly as they say when it comes to raising my daughter. Two words: Fuck them.

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

Yes they do It is hard to believe but I was the "good kid" im my family

+ Reply to Thread