+ Reply to Thread

Thread: $2,000 question

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default $2,000 question

If you had a bunch of bills to pay, and someone gave you $2,000

would you pay one certain will off (such as like your car payment that has $2,000 left in the payment) or would you put it in your savings so you can be able to pay all your bills on time every month and not have to stress on it for a few months, and maybe then you'll be caught up with the rest of your bills?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Re: $2,000 question

2,000 wouldnt pay any of my bills off..but it would get me caught up for a couple weeks
    i'd pay the past due balance on all of my bills..or well as many of them as 2,000 would cover

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

savings and make payments on time.

Actually..I can answer this. We were given $5,000 a few months back and paid off a lot of old things (med bills mostly). So we didn't have to worry about them on our credit anymore

All our other bills we are square with every month.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I could pay off most of my credit card with that. Which would be nice cuz the interest is a bitch.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I'd pay all the back bills i owe to my ex's mom. how did i get stuck paying alimony to my ex husband's mother? anyhow, $2k would catch me up and put me ahead on that particular debt long enough to get cash flow and savings going on.

~K

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

first of all I'd trade in my car, throw away my credit cards, and move out of state to avoid paying my medical bills.

now that I got all those money traps out of the way, it would be all gravy. 2k will last me for a few months.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

um...
    i personally have like no bills, making everyone else be responsible for me.
    i do owe some old stuff, but i think they all forgot about me.
    except perhaps the bank, which i owe about $150 to. so i'd prolly pay that and actually have myself a bank account again *woo*
    then i'd probably do something stupid like get someone to give me their old car and use the money to pay for car shit. i want to drive so bad it's driving me fucking nuts.
    *noican'tdriveyetiknowi'mpathetic*

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I've always paid bills on time, I always keep a balance in the bank, and I really only use the card to avoid useing cash....................actually I'd probably buy a peice of machinery or tools to make more money with....................

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Actually, what most people said is the best route. Paying off everything at once looks bad on your credit report. Sure, you don't owe that money anymore, but it'll make it harder to get a loan on something you want down the road (ie house or car).

Otherwise, if you're late on some things but you continue making your monthly payments (with a little more to pay off more of the principle), it will slowly rebuild your credit. The way it works is that if the credit company sees that you just payed a lump sum to get rid of dept that you're not necessarily financially responsible, but instead you just came into extra money which unfortunately, doesn't happen very often.

At least that's what I was told. But some people lie and stuff.

2000 dollars aint a lot of money, perhaps at most it will get rid of xmas debt

Bedlamite

I'd want to take and put it toward my school loans, but in fact I'd likely take it and either a) get a storage unit to store granny's stuff so we could open up the possibility of moving out of the house we live in... or put it towards fixing the car so it could go to more than work and back.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vix
    2000 dollars aint a lot of money, perhaps at most it will get rid of xmas debt

$2000 is not a lot of money but to most people it would help out a lot...and I'm one of those people. I would NOT be stressed if I had $2,000 right now.. actually I wouldn't be stressed for a few months and would be then caught up on my bills which then I wouldn't be stressed in the future either.

Guess I answered my own question

Thanks above person.. Vix...

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

it's a lot to me D:

+ Reply to Thread