+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Candy

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Halloween Candy

Whats your take? What do you hand out? or what do you hunt for?

Favorites? Least favorites?

I'm a taker..I never give it out. But I buy bags and bags of the stuff for the family. Rarely is it chocolate, unless its a Tootsie Roll. and the whole family hates gum. My whole household goes nuts over Sweettarts.

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

Default Re: Halloween Candy

One word: those little orange pumpkin candy things...I assume their real title is one word. They're addictively gross. At first I'm like "Fuck no, I don't want those things." But then I eat one, and another, and another untill they begin to taste so awful I can't bare the sight of them...then the next day it starts again, I think I suffer from candy senility. Anyway, I love those things!

candy senility syndrome LOL

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

lots of people hat candy corn but i love it, i als dig Bottle caps and Dots

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    lots of people hat candy corn but i love it, i als dig Bottle caps and Dots
    mmm... Dots and candy corn.

Seriously, why do people hate candy corn?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    lots of people hat candy corn but i love it, i als dig Bottle caps
    Those are my favrite too ,maybe add some sweet tarts as well,maybe a few more...

i only give out to the few kids that brave to break away from the "line" of houses to come to mine.and i Treat thise basterds well...and i only give out candy for a little while,when my fun begins.

but i really wan't to start giving them apples too,or something ....

ohh,and i'm a little Bias about their Costumes,and the kids....the good ones get more Candy.(haha,i Swear i'm not as old as i just sounded )

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    ohh,and i'm a little Bias about their Costumes,and the kids....the good ones get more Candy.(haha,i Swear i'm not as old as i just sounded )
    i do this as well, kids with cool original home made costumes get more and even if its a store bought costume i give em more candy if its well executed. i remember this kid once was like hey whyd he get more candy and i flat out told him " i dont like power rangers" he then threatened to egg my house at that point i showed him my pellet gun wich looks like a real gun if you just give it a quick glance

haha....i'm sure his "buds" were laughing inside as well....

i like when the parent's aren't pulling the ventriloquist act with them too... more courage=Candy,haha...

ohh,and most of all,good manners.i will straight not give any to those loud ass "modern" kids...

I remember the good old days of going out and getting popcorn balls, and other homemade items., damn I miss those innocent days

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

The lil Spree and Sweettarts packs are awesome. I used to trade my brother mini hersheys and crunch bars for his maryjanes and baby rueths. But the most prized are still the Reeses.

The waxy pumpkins are more or less the same as that nasty candy corn that for some reason I like to eat.

k

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I like CandyCorn and Snickers, but chocolate isn't so good for my skin so I try not to eat too much. I like Blow-Pops too.

The best treat I ever got was a Himalayan pedigree show cat that I named Snoopy. He was given to me by Huey Lewis. They found him under the tour van and didn't know what to do with him so they gave him to me. He tore up the treat bag though, so I didn't end up with a lot of candy that night.

Mmmm... Peanut M&Ms & Laffy Taffy (killAtomic Mentioned Bottle Caps, I like those too)

Yuck... Candy Corn

I would think that our local clown folk would go for the Circus Peanuts. Those bright orange, marshmallowish confections that would be better off being used as construction adhesive.

Candy corn is a yes..but strangely enough..I like the brown colored ones better.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    I would think that our local clown folk would go for the Circus Peanuts. Those bright orange, marshmallowish confections that would be better off being used as construction adhesive.
    Ha Ha Ha, I forgot about those things! Those are so nasty, it makes me nauseous just thinking about tasting those!

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Hmmmm.... Candy corn (I keep a bag in my freezer year round.. cause theres always that one day during the spring wheni wake up and say to myself.. I say self... You need some candy corns.) and circus peanuts (I buy them at stores in the two bags for a dollar section).... hmmmmm
    The best Circus Peanuts are that you can squish.. the hard ones are stale and do evil things to you...

pixina's Avatar resident mud wrestler

i only like chocolate.. so i buy the other types of candies to pass out and save myself from getting fat eating all the chocolate! i also pass out bloody fingers and sparkly rings and other toys

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

my fav was always rockets and suckers. couldnt stand those halloween kisses that came in the orange and black wrappers.

we just make up goodie bags to give out, for some reason barely ne one comes up our street even though we're right in town so we dont need to get very much stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I like CandyCorn and Snickers, but chocolate isn't so good for my skin so I try not to eat too much. I like Blow-Pops too.

The best treat I ever got was a Himalayan pedigree show cat that I named Snoopy. He was given to me by Huey Lewis. They found him under the tour van and didn't know what to do with him so they gave him to me. He tore up the treat bag though, so I didn't end up with a lot of candy that night.
    Ha, I'm curious, why "Snoopy" for a cat?

I love candy. I'm like a six year old in that regard. Anything filled with sugar and artificial flavoring. Mm. Bottle caps, Pixie stix, etc.
    Not big on chocolate, except Recees.

Rocktacula's Avatar Sundown, better take care

Pixie stix.....like sooo much sugary crank goodness
    and the chewy sweet tarts rock...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktacula
    the chewy sweet tarts rock...

I love those, I forgot about those too.

Does anybody remember sucking the colour coating off of Spree's and spitting a mouthful of coloured spit?. Of course the red ones were the best. That was just a good memory for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktacula
    Pixie stix.....like sooo much sugary crank goodness
    I don't think Pixie Stix should be counted among the candy ranks, after all its pretty much just straight sugar. (not that I'm complaining)

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

You know those little halloween toffees? oh come ON! They're so cheap! This little blob of brown-black hardened sugar-goo in this cheap wax-paper wrapping with little black bats or vampires or witches on it! You could buy like a bag of 200 for ten bucks. Such cheapass candy, and NO ONE likes it - I spent the first 5 years of my life convinced I didn't like them, because mom would throw them all out going "they're terrible, you hate them!". Then I ate one and they're actually really really good. Or I'm demented. Eh. Go cheap candy.

Other than that, tootsie rolls and fun-size candy bars. Kit-kats and coffee crisps especially make me glad I'm Canadian. That and I think you can get mint Aeros in fun-size now. I have a love-on for any chocolate that doubles as blue magic :p.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Lotus
    Kit-kats and coffee crisps especially make me glad I'm Canadian.
    What are they and where can one find them?

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

[QUOTE=Umbilical Lotus]Kit-kats and coffee crisps especially make me glad I'm Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    What are they and where can one find them?

Don't fall for it man.. it is all a conspiracy for Canada to take over and make us drink beer all day.... j/k

But canadians store owners really get mad at me... Cause when I go up there.. and I buy something...
    I ask if i can buy Boardwalk.... No sense of humor...
    And this coming from people that have the Looney and Twoney for money...

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

wow a himilayn snowshoe for free thats pretty good sway absolutly loves hers i sometimes fold him in half when he is sleeping and he stays that way till he awakens oh and he falls off couch arms alot (pretty uncordinated for a cat ) my daughter loves the salimon and lucas i love anything chocolat and sway does also but only choco
    OB~26

misstayva's Avatar Professional Nose-Picker

Yeah... why the hell don't the people do the homemade goodies anymore (ie: popcorn balls, candied apples). Bastards. People are too lazy, I suppose. That's one thing I hate about this damn country. CONVENIENCE FOODS. I want a fucking popcorn ball, dammit!

That aside...

I LOVE candy corn. I also love that it's always on clearance, as most people seem not to like it. Smarties are good, but in a shitty sense.
    Tom's suckers... haha. Anyone know what those are? They're a lollipop, but Sweettart-ish.

I hate: Mary Jane, Bit-O-Honey and the ever infamous orange and black-wrappered peanut butter candies. UGHHHH. Those are the Halloween equivalent to Christmas fruitcakes. I also know people who save the leftover ones for the following year. Damn those things to hell!

Quote Originally Posted by misstayva
    . I also know people who save the leftover ones for the following year. Damn those things to hell!
    hahahahahahahahaahahaha im so guilty of this since you brought up candy you hate i agree with you on all of those but id like to add any buttrescotch candy in a yellow wrapper. people who give those out are sick sick bastards who deserve a house covered in eggs and toilet paper

I actually like the butterscotch disks. Had one today, in fact. They're good, in a weird sort of way. They taste plasticy at first... but theyn they're smoooooooth, baby.

evry year whenive eaten evrything elase all that remains are the bitterscotch things and i alway put one in my mouth and imediatly spit it out. its like i forget i hate em evry year till its to late just not my cup of tea i guess

Oh, they are great with a cup of tea! ;-)

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

Yeah... why the hell don't the people do the homemade goodies anymore (ie: popcorn balls, candied apples). Bastards. People are too lazy, I suppose. That's one thing I hate about this damn country. CONVENIENCE FOODS. I want a fucking popcorn ball, dammit!
    You can't hand out homemade stuff anymore because everyone is afraid of "germs" and those urban legands about razorblades inside apples...if you try to hand that stuff out people eithor wont let their kids take it or turn around and throw it away.
    ...I'd like to pinpoint the time where we went from having no germs to being, apparently, inundated with them. If it was feasible america would be populated with bubble people, as we all hide behind our unnesessary vaccines for every little thing...and whats worse they are making things like the flu stronger and turning it into something to actually fear.
    ...I think I got a bit off topic, what was I talking about...oh, yes...candied apples...mmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    You can't hand out homemade stuff anymore because everyone is afraid of "germs" and those urban legands about razorblades inside apples...if you try to hand that stuff out people eithor wont let their kids take it or turn around and throw it away.
    ...I'd like to pinpoint the time where we went from having no germs to being, apparently, inundated with them. If it was feasible america would be populated with bubble people, as we all hide behind our unnesessary vaccines for every little thing...and whats worse they are making things like the flu stronger and turning it into something to actually fear.
    ...I think I got a bit off topic, what was I talking about...oh, yes...candied apples...mmmmm...
    Yea, these days, someone would probably call HAZMAT for fear that someone slipped anthrax in little Johnny's popcorn ball.
    I can't stand these over-zealous germ phobes. I think it's all in people's heads, rather than out there, waiting to invade our bodies. Screw Lysol, hand sanitizer and all that nonsense. I want a popcorn ball and I don't care if someone wiped their ass with it! I miss the good ol' days :-)

what i find funny abouyt the "germ-phobes" is that they are actually making their body and immune system Weaker,for when they DO catch something...

i just sawa thing about a dude,who ijected king cobra venom over a perooid of years and could eventually take a full on bite and be ok the next day.(would normally kill like 12 men)...

but anywho,haha....candy...don't really like it..bottle caps...their good..but not too much else...

I miss the good ol' days :-)

i've found myself saying that at least once a day,over the last few years

Damn, I'm gonna try that cobra venom injecting thing... that sounds like a cool idea.

My mom has these friends. Always sick. Resistant to antibiotics, too...
    Their house is cleaner than any damn hospital I know... freaks, I tell ya.
    I remember going trick-or-treating with them as a kid. After Halloween, they were allowed ONE piece of candy a day. Didn't matter if it were a Tootsie Roll or whatever. Then they had to brush their teeth continuously for two minutes afterwards. They even did the whole obsessive tooth brushing shit with their dogs... weird folks.

faultofhumanity's Avatar Member

16 oz cans of dew for more tricker treatin energy!!

Quote Originally Posted by faultofhumanity
    16 oz cans of dew for more tricker treatin energy!!
    I grew up real close to a Faygo Bottling Co. and they would give out cans of their sodapop. It was always one of the best stops. It was one of the few places that got so many kid visit them, that you could go back a few times and they either didn't notice or didn't care.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

to be honest guys, the us needs to get it's ass in gear on chocolate. a friend of mine went on holiday to america and bought me loadsa chocolate back and it's pants. horrible plastic-y mock chocolate. reeces is one of the few american brands that hasn't done phenomonally well in the uk, purely because the chocolate sucks so much.

i mean, it doesn't even have a percentage cocoa solids value on the back!

Yea, these days, someone would probably call HAZMAT for fear that someone slipped anthrax in little Johnny's popcorn ball.
    I can't stand these over-zealous germ phobes. I think it's all in people's heads, rather than out there, waiting to invade our bodies. Screw Lysol, hand sanitizer and all that nonsense. I want a popcorn ball and I don't care if someone wiped their ass with it! I miss the good ol' days :-)
    ahh misstayva, i dearly miss those too and would give a testie for one Myself , like grandma used to make, along with caramel apples too
    Last edited by Vitorro; 10-21-2005 at 12:24 AM. Reason: post script change

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    to be honest guys, the us needs to get it's ass in gear on chocolate. a friend of mine went on holiday to america and bought me loadsa chocolate back and it's pants. horrible plastic-y mock chocolate. reeces is one of the few american brands that hasn't done phenomonally well in the uk, purely because the chocolate sucks so much.

i mean, it doesn't even have a percentage cocoa solids value on the back!
    That is so true .. personally the only chocolate I enjoy is Dark Chocolate that is at least 86%. I have some family in France that sends me tons of it, so I can get my fix.

+ Reply to Thread