+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intro - Newbie, Me

johnny's Avatar Sane.

Default Intro - Newbie, Me

Firstly. Greetings to Amelia and Forrest. It's been at least ten years since our paths crossed with the Blue Blood magazine and the Backstage Passes Anthology. Don't know if you remember me, but I contributed some poetry. There's nothing better in life than seeing your word in print, never did get a chance to thank you both.

Fastforward ten years--I've been wasting in the suburban wastelands in Portland, OR, sucking up triple venti mochas, and working in "marketing." It was not until I headed down to LA in January to throw a bachelor party for my best friend did I think back to the fine times in the early '90s - the music, the style, the culture.

Love the site, love the photos, and hope to join in the community. I guess I have a lot of reading to catch up on in the forums...

jc

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Intro - Newbie, Me

Hello Johnny! Good to have you here! I'm certain Amelia will be excited to see you on our boards as well. So, welcome, make yourself at home. Anything interesting going on up in Portland lately? We had a blast last time we were up that way, we'll have to get together for coffee next time. That would be cool.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Welcome .. and have fun

OR ELSE !!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

ahoy therr jhonny welcome aboard and enjoy your stay harr

Welcome, enjoy the people and the discussions.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

salut and welcome

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

greetings johnny boy-

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Greeting Johnny, is it just johnny.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

welcome to the blood......i love portland, a coffee shop on every street,or two.......

johnny's Avatar Sane.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Hello Johnny! Good to have you here! I'm certain Amelia will be excited to see you on our boards as well. So, welcome, make yourself at home. Anything interesting going on up in Portland lately? We had a blast last time we were up that way, we'll have to get together for coffee next time. That would be cool.
    Things here are a lot mellower than Seattle or LA, but coffee is one of the few entertainments up here. Give me a holler if you're ever in the area. Blue Oyster Cult coming to the Roseland -- would be nice to catch that show on the 25th. Otherwize, zero excitement in Portland (imho).

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Hi! I was headed to Austin when you signed up. This is the best thing about the internet, when it helps you reconnect with people! Of course I remember the person who made me break my own no poetry rule by being so damn good.

Forrest and I did some shooting in Portland and really liked it. The downtown anyway where you can't walk a block without finding some place with cheap yummy hearty food. Now that I am thinking about it, there is this one soup place I am totally jonesing for.

Welcome! enjoy your stay! stay clear of the east wing after sundown...

You wrote some evocative poetry about the sorts of girls you would see in clubs then and it ran in both Blue Blood and Amelia's Backstage Passes, didn't it?

johnny's Avatar Sane.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Hi! I was headed to Austin when you signed up. This is the best thing about the internet, when it helps you reconnect with people! Of course I remember the person who made me break my own no poetry rule by being so damn good.
    Thank you Amelia! It is great to reconnect! It's like a different world these days from then... I've been following Blueblood through the years and also it seems everywhere I go I see Amelia G in print. Bravo! Also, awesome sxsw write-up!

johnny's Avatar Sane.

Quote Originally Posted by mollycase
    You wrote some evocative poetry about the sorts of girls you would see in clubs then and it ran in both Blue Blood and Amelia's Backstage Passes, didn't it?
    yup, that's me. aah... those girls.

Yay - glad to meet folks that have been involved in BlueBlood for so long. Welcome

johnny's Avatar Sane.

I was not a goth and I never had been - I worked in corporate America.

I joined the forum with a false profile that gave an impression that I was young, single, and in the community. In actuality, I was a married middle-aged dad with a kid and another on the way, I was embarrassed I about my wife and children and wrote them out, and never corrected myself in the duration of time I was here.

All of the travel I commented on and all the concerts I attended were experiences I had with my wife. I wrote her out of my posts and my bio. By doing so I publicly shared not only a private shared experience but also took that experience away from her.

This is all while she was undergoing multiple miscarriages and high risk pregnancies with my first and second child. Instead of taking care of my family, I used this forum and the people here as part of my infidelity to my wife. I betrayed her at the time she was most vulnerable and needed my support the most.

I was never a physical trainer. My comments about a young woman’s measurements were inappropriate and vulgar.

This is also a note to my children who are now old enough to come across my posts. Please talk to me when you see this so we can talk about how no the repeat the same mistakes I made.

I took advantage of Amelia’s and Forrest’s hospitality and kindness and I deeply apologize.

+ Reply to Thread