+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should Marge and Homer break up?

Default Should Marge and Homer break up?

Has anyone besides me noticed that too many episodes of The Simpsons lately have the same theme: Marge is hot for some guy other than Homer but somehow ends up back with him.

One of the things which I felt always made The Simpsons really work was that Marge and Homer had...
    Read the full article

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: Should Marge and Homer break up?

Well, I for one think that it's teaching a wonderful message to the young men out there.

It's teaching men that women always have to be satisfied by others, and that there is no length you should not go to to try to make her happy, though those will always fail.

It's teaching women that really, a relationship is only about what's in it for you, and that you should do whatever strikes your fancy RIGHT THEN AND THERE, regardless of consequences, which, after all, are a man's fault somehow.

It's interesting, but when the female philanders on TV, it's always because the man isn't good enough, and it's behooving him to get it right and get with the program.

If Homer decided one day he was sick and tired of her bullshit and took up with a chick half Marge's age, he'd be a complete bastard, even if he decided afterwards that she wasn't a bad deal after all.

I also note with interest that the men she's dallying with on the side don't really have feelings that matter either.

But then again, for the writers, men are disposable set pieces.

I'm not trying to be some lame assed masculinist here, but you've raised some interesting things here. Maybe you're right, they should break up.... I think if played straight down the line it could make for some interesting show material.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

naw, marge and homer have been married longer than any couple that I know.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

well, the only thing marge does on a consistent basis is be a housewife. If homers holding her back it's because that's she want's,(or maybe what the writers are trying to say)

+ Reply to Thread