+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dumb Products

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default Dumb Products

Axe body spray has a "leather" scent. Who the hell are they marketing this to? Who wants to smell like leather but doesn't just buy a leather jacket? Are they going for the coveted Vegan-Biker demographic?

And what's with the chocolate one? Is that for the shameless chubby-chaser?

Default Re: Dumb Products

Oooooh, maybe its supposed to be vegan-repellent spray. If that's the case, it's pure genius.

and the porridge was just

id chase down a peanut butter scented man

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

The scent only lasts a few hours anyway, then it smells like straight ass. I stopped using Axe products back when they still only had four scents.

But on that topic, what about these medications that have side effects that are either the same or worse than the symptoms they're suppose to relieve?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    The scent only lasts a few hours anyway, then it smells like straight ass. I stopped using Axe products back when they still only had four scents.

But on that topic, what about these medications that have side effects that are either the same or worse than the symptoms they're suppose to relieve?
    "Your cure for seasonal alergies! Warning, side effects may include headache, dry-mouth, dizziness, vomiting, thinking you're a vampyre, cancer of the ball (left only), disappearing taint, spontaneous combustion and loose stools."

Wouldn't smelling like leather but not wearing any be suspicious instead of sexy? "Oh, I love my Tommy! He smells like he just got passed around a leather-fag bar like a chew-toy. Tee-hee"

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I'm more fond of the commercials for asthma meds where a side effect is "shortness of breath."

And maybe the leather scent is geared towards poser bikers who, you know, don't own a bike or anything leather. One problem with your theory though is, who in their right mind wears a leather jacket in the summer? I don't know how Philly is, but it's way too hot in Texas for anything leather.

Brigeyboo's Avatar Senior Member

The chocolate one doesn't actually smell like chocolate...I was severely disappointed.
    I love me some chocolate...or any type of sweets really

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    I'm more fond of the commercials for asthma meds where a side effect is "shortness of breath."

And maybe the leather scent is geared towards poser bikers who, you know, don't own a bike or anything leather. One problem with your theory though is, who in their right mind wears a leather jacket in the summer? I don't know how Philly is, but it's way too hot in Texas for anything leather.
    Sure, I don't wear my leather in summer. But then again, I actually own leather and a bike.

And I don't overly concern myself with smelling like leather. So I'm still confused.

A while back I was kinda ripe from some activity on a hot day. I asked a guy who had a gym bag with him if if he had some spray deodorant with him. unfortunately it was Axe, but I decided it was better than the hearty stink I had accumulated.

Turns out I was wrong. As one girl I knew put it, "When Axe is an improvement, it is time for a shower." (actually she referred to it affectionately as Ass body spray).

She was right by the way, the crap had so much perfume that I spent the day feeling like I maced my armpits.

Guys, remember when someone taught you how to use spray cologne. You spray it in the air and walk into it to keep the scent subtle. Axe is the opposite of that. They teach guys to spray it on like crazy to repel natural predators or attract girls with no sense of spell or something.

It is my one arguement against a stronger public transit system. Seriously, when the girls are crowded around the homeless guy on the train to get away from you it is time to ditch the body spray. When people crowd around the smokers at the station, it is a subtle hint that you spray does not smell good.

So why is this crap so popular? I mean, even when I rant on the Jonas Brothers music, I know they are just not my thing. I can respect that, while their music is unappealing to me, it is honestly relatively mild and inoffensive. I can comprehend at least on an abstract level why they appeal to some. But this crap is physically bad. I know some people like things I just don't get, but man...

But leather... I suppose if it actually smelled like leather it smells better than the other Axe brands. Maybe they are targeting the insecure cock-nozzle who has no clue what men should smell like crowd. If the next scents are "meat", "engine" and "sweat" we will know for sure.

and the porridge was just

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    As one girl I knew put it, "When Axe is an improvement, it is time for a shower." (actually she referred to it affectionately as Ass body spray).

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Quote Originally Posted by KessM
    id chase down a peanut butter scented man
    Noted.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    If the next scents are "meat", "engine" and "sweat" we will know for sure.

Meat flavor cologne? Burger King sell it.

http://www.bk.com/en/us/campaigns/fi...ts-desire.html

"Can't afford to buy a Whopper and smear it over your genitals to attract that certain type'o'lady? The solution is at hand!!"

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Because if you don't buy our products you will smell bad and no one will want to fuck you. It's also very important to your identity that you don't smell like a unique human being, but a corporate mono-product just like everyone else (but hey, at least you get to choose from 24 disgusting odors. That's Freedom Of Choice (c) ). All the better to turn you into a mindless robot consumer.

While you are there you should also pick up the facial scrub, body gel, tooth paste, mouth wash, shampoo, conditioner, and all of the other fine products that are mandatory to remind you how much of a disgusting creep you are that will die alone without capitalism.

You can't spell brainwashing without "washing".

'Dumb products' is redundant.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey View Post

...was just thinking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf View Post
    Wouldn't smelling like leather but not wearing any be suspicious instead of sexy? "Oh, I love my Tommy! He smells like he just got passed around a leather-fag bar like a chew-toy. Tee-hee"
    What is this recurrent gay theme?

I don't usually admit to liking VS, but I loooooove my VS chocolate scented body lotion.
    And re. Axe/Ass, that girl put it right. Funny!

+ Reply to Thread