+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yay!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Yay!

I just had to share as Im really happy! My band just put out its first rough mix of our first song, just to get opinions, and we already got an endorsement by a guitar company! it hasnt even been out 24 hours;] If anyone would like to hear it go to www.*******.com/cellout

and your little dog too

Default Re: Yay!

i hate your band's name but i hate ******* more

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    I just had to share as Im really happy! My band just put out its first rough mix of our first song, just to get opinions, and we already got an endorsement by a guitar company! it hasnt even been out 24 hours;] If anyone would like to hear it go to www.*******.com/cellout

i like it.....good vocals,good Guitar,drums aren't too bad at all....backing vocals we a bit of a throwback, but pretty cool...good luck....hope it turns good for yea.....

it's my only real life right now,and the most rewarding thing i've ever done.......hope it turns the same for you,wel the rewarding part,haha .as im sure you have more of a life than me.....

we're gettin' our first cd's made. the cover art is done,and we're deciding on those shitty cardboard,holders,much cheaper......remember that.....hehe.......

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    I love you

how do we hear the music?

it just starts playing...........

oh, haha. I guess I should turn off my trash on the stereo first then? k. let me give that a try

nope. still don't hear shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    oh, haha. I guess I should turn off my trash on the stereo first then? k. let me give that a try
    hahah yea i get the opposite, it'll be dead quite,and then ,bam, loud ass music,Because i forgot to turn down the speakers...........

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Good, I like the bands name, because it a JOKE. I hate your attitude, take it somewhere else. Thankyouverymuch.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    i like it.....good vocals,good Guitar,drums aren't too bad at all....backing vocals we a bit of a throwback, but pretty cool...good luck....hope it turns good for yea.....

it's my only real life right now,and the most rewarding thing i've ever done.......hope it turns the same for you,wel the rewarding part,haha .as im sure you have more of a life than me.....

we're gettin' our first cd's made. the cover art is done,and we're deciding on those shitty cardboard,holders,much cheaper......remember that.....hehe.......
    Thanks;] We are currently working with two labels, so hopefully something will come out of it;] Better than a min wage job;p

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    nope. still don't hear shit.
    It plays automatically, so not quite sure why it isnt playing for you.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Look, I didnt post this to tell me how much you hate me, the name, the place we have the song, who I hang out with, the color hair I have, or how big my tits are, I posted because Im fucking happy we got endorsement. If you dont like it, thats your opinion.

No wonder why Im sick of these boards, the immaturity slays me.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

im no music expert but i thought it was prety good i probably have to listen to it a few more times tho

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

I like the sound of it. Good luck with your band, man. Well, WOman, anyway.

Good, I like the bands name, because it a JOKE. I hate your attitude, take it somewhere else. Thankyouverymuch.

theres a great story 'bout the name of the main band im in(im in threecompleatly different bands,it's funny) we've been around for a long time and we have no name ,i put the story on here before,i think it was after i show i talked about, but it's a great story,and always fun with promoters and builing owners,ect

go kinda like this,"AND UP NEXT IS.....uhhhhh WELL HERE THEY ARE,YEAAA," it's always soo damn funny we've been turned down like 2 times because of it..........

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Catchy tune...not bad at all. Like you said it's a rough mix and all but there is something really good in it all. Look forward to hearing more. I like the vocals a lot ...has that kinda style and feel I like.

As far as the name goes...it'spretty clear it's a joke. Hell I made a joke using that name in a thread a few weeks back. Dunno how anyone could take it seriously.

******* is indeed an internet Hell but it's also a needed one for many to get some attention for whatever reasons they may have....so ones does have to put up with it till there is something better.

and your little dog too

Look, I didnt post this to tell me how much you hate me, the name, the place we have the song, who I hang out with, the color hair I have, or how big my tits are, I posted because Im fucking happy we got endorsement. If you dont like it, thats your opinion.

No wonder why Im sick of these boards, the immaturity slays me.
    you posted in an interactive environment and different people had different responses. if you can't handle people thinking independently and having their own opinions and not everyone loving you, you are going to hate show biz.

what kind of juvenile maneuver is it to call someone immature for disagreeing with you? these are certainly the most intelligent and sophisticated boards i've come across on the net. do i like every person on them? no and i'm not shy about sharing my opinions, but i love these boards because it is accepted here by most people that opinions and perspectives vary.

so your band name is a joke. please explain why it is funny so that those of us who are less mentally evolved than you are can laugh too.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Macabre_Dreams
    I like the sound of it. Good luck with your band, man. Well, WOman, anyway.
    Lol, thanks;]

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

Ping! Rooouuund Two!

(Sheesh.)

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    theres a great story 'bout the name of the main band im in(im in threecompleatly different bands,it's funny) we've been around for a long time and we have no name ,i put the story on here before,i think it was after i show i talked about, but it's a great story,and always fun with promoters and builing owners,ect

go kinda like this,"AND UP NEXT IS.....uhhhhh WELL HERE THEY ARE,YEAAA," it's always soo damn funny we've been turned down like 2 times because of it..........
    Lol! Thats a good one.

We were originally going to just go with Jessie Evil, since Im the main one being promoted in the band, but we were really drunk and talking about crap, and all of a sudden we were like...SELLOUT. Lol, I was peeing into a container in the car when I made a joke about CellOut. So it stuck;p

so your band name is a joke. please explain why it is funny so that those of us who are less mentally evolved than you are can laugh too.
    i think the joke in that nomatter what they do theyl always be Cellouts that way you cant hove stupid people saying "i liked them better before they sold out"

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Catchy tune...not bad at all. Like you said it's a rough mix and all but there is something really good in it all. Look forward to hearing more. I like the vocals a lot ...has that kinda style and feel I like.

As far as the name goes...it'spretty clear it's a joke. Hell I made a joke using that name in a thread a few weeks back. Dunno how anyone could take it seriously.

******* is indeed an internet Hell but it's also a needed one for many to get some attention for whatever reasons they may have....so ones does have to put up with it till there is something better.
    Thank you. We are working on the final mix, so hopefully itll be done soon. Once I get over the flu we are starting to work on our second song which is much better IMO;]

We put it up on ******* until we get our site up. We have the domain and just need to put it all up, but itll be a bit. I needed a way for friends and family to keep up with us;] SO it serves a purpose, even though its a pain in the ass;p

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

you posted in an interactive environment and different people had different responses. if you can't handle people thinking independently and having their own opinions and not everyone loving you, you are going to hate show biz.

what kind of juvenile maneuver is it to call someone immature for disagreeing with you? these are certainly the most intelligent and sophisticated boards i've come across on the net. do i like every person on them? no and i'm not shy about sharing my opinions, but i love these boards because it is accepted here by most people that opinions and perspectives vary.

You lack tact, thats where your immaturity comes in. So anything you say holds no meaning to me, nor anyone like you who have nothing constructive to say. You didnt disagree with shit, I never posted anything to agree with in the first place, so next?

Its amazing how so far you are the only one who doesnt see it as a joke. So apparantly you are less mentally evolved than well...everyone on these boards.

i do have one question tho will you guys have any faster songs

not my flavor but great sound with that demo best of luck to you

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Normally I'd agree but given your comment had zero to about the song being promoted...it was out of place and looked like a cheap shot to be honest. Am I surprised about it? No. Did Jax make a big deal about it? nope...she called it for what it was. Like I said for me it was a cheap shot simply because it offered nothing in terms of an intelligent critique, had the tone of veiled jab to the side, and really...was pretty uncool given the nature of the boards.

I see that kinda shit on assorted boards and the fact it's popping up here more and more is pretty fucked up.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i do have one question tho will you guys have any faster songs
    Yes definately;] I cant stand singing slower songs like that all the time;p

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSatanas
    not my flavor but great sound with that demo best of luck to you
    Thanks;] Its the first time Ive ever sang in a band, so hopefully things will evolve for the better!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Normally I'd agree but given your comment had zero to about the song being promoted...it was out of place and looked like a cheap shot to be honest. Am I surprised about it? No. Did Jax make a big deal about it? nope...she called it for what it was. Like I said for me it was a cheap shot simply because it offered nothing in terms of an intelligent critique, had the tone of veiled jab to the side, and really...was pretty uncool given the nature of the boards.

I see that kinda shit on assorted boards and the fact it's popping up here more and more is pretty fucked up.
    I agree with your last statement. I believe we have talked privately about it. These boards are supposed to be open and different, not a free for all for people who just like to start crap and expect it to be 'accepted'. Anyways, Im done with it, Ive said my peace, and thanks for talking with me before;]

Hula Hoop Supervisor

We put it up on ******* until we get our site up. We have the domain and just need to put it all up, but itll be a bit. I needed a way for friends and family to keep up with us;] SO it serves a purpose, even though its a pain in the ass;p
    ******* is really good at keeping people connected...it's the one thing that can't be ignored about it. It's easy to see why so many keep one despite it's odd rules, hassle, and at times sloppy feel. It'd keep it around even after having a dedicated site...fans and potential fans seem to really like that site. Guess it feels more "personal" or something.

My fictional band was to be called the Celloutz...the "Z" is what made us cool. I'll be cool and not bring in my fictional lawyer to hassle you about stealing our name. :P We'll just change it to our original name The WeeBeeBroak

you can always do the vanilla ice thing and claim its not the same cause of the Z

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Jax is a Blue Blood model and an active participant on these boards, so she has special permission to make promotional posts like this in the main area rather than the announcements section. The character of a promo post may feel a little different from the average Blue Blood post, but I would like to see people like Jax get support when they post what they have going on.

I actually don't care for the name Cellouts myself. I'm not really into that postmodern ironic thing where we are all supposed to pretend not to care. I care and I'm not about to move to Silverlake, buy emo glasses, and pretend I don't. The name might work out fine though and it's not my band. I might be uncomfortable promoting a band with that name, if I didn't know the band members, because I think I would feel like the name implied they were laughing at people who supported them. Something to think about anyway.

All that said, I am not going to put up with sniping here. That is not what Blue Blood is about. Jax, you've been guilty of this in other threads and, karyn, you are more than capable of having expressed your thoughts on the band name and ******* in a more intelligent and constructive manner. I don't really care for big corporate structures like ******* as a place for intimacy, but there is already a thread about this here. So play nice everyone. You don't have to agree, but I expect you to disagree constructively and intelligently and support your assertions.

I swear, I leave for two weeks and everyone has to act up. I'm back now, so let's have things back to normal.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Hey Jax, I wish you all the luck with your band project and stuff. Personally, I kinda liked the Jesse Evil name a little better, but that's just me. I think it paints a better picture in the mind of the fan/listener.

One thing to contemplate is that there is a band called Cellout.
    That might cause some problems down the road, so you might want to think about how to address that before you have to trash a bunch of CDs or get in a legal battle or whatever trouble can come from that sort of conflict.

http://www.celloutonline.com/

I wish the old MP3.com hadn't been killed off. That was a much better place for quality music promotion.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

******* is really good at keeping people connected...it's the one thing that can't be ignored about it. It's easy to see why so many keep one despite it's odd rules, hassle, and at times sloppy feel. It'd keep it around even after having a dedicated site...fans and potential fans seem to really like that site. Guess it feels more "personal" or something.

My fictional band was to be called the Celloutz...the "Z" is what made us cool. I'll be cool and not bring in my fictional lawyer to hassle you about stealing our name. :P We'll just change it to our original name The WeeBeeBroak
    Lol, how odd is that! Just goes to show nothing nowadays is really original. And I love the other name, how funny;]

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Hey Jax, I wish you all the luck with your band project and stuff. Personally, I kinda liked the Jesse Evil name a little better, but that's just me. I think it paints a better picture in the mind of the fan/listener.

One thing to contemplate is that there is a band called Cellout.
    That might cause some problems down the road, so you might want to think about how to address that before you have to trash a bunch of CDs or get in a legal battle or whatever trouble can come from that sort of conflict.

http://www.celloutonline.com/

I wish the old MP3.com hadn't been killed off. That was a much better place for quality music promotion.
    DRAT! What were my boys doing to let that slip by. YAY, so that means back to JESSIE EVIL. Lol. Thanks for the heads up!

your voice sounds great take voice lessions to get better control of your voice i did it helps! oww yea and corney warmups a must.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

DRAT! What were my boys doing to let that slip by. YAY, so that means back to JESSIE EVIL. Lol. Thanks for the heads up!
    Sorry about that. It was the first thing that came up if you Googled 'Cellout'. So, I thought I'd point it out.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Good luck with that I'll try to give it a listen a bit later (mad multitasking) Jesse Evil is a cooler name.

OEC

if i had a band id call it AtomiK Zombies From Space

+ Reply to Thread