+ Reply to Thread

Thread: do you think rush is mad at the new pres of the rnc for backing obama or ......

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default do you think rush is mad at the new pres of the rnc for backing obama or ......

if you havent seen the news lately, radio hothead rush limbaugh has been very openly against the newly appointed leader for the republican national convention,michael steele, who also so happens to be the first appointed black.person to that title. mainly on the grounds that he openly criticised his opinion on wanting obama's plan to fail as him being simply an entertainer and not the official leader of the rnc.

now if you've heard rush's shows before-as i had to growing up.......there is a little thing on there reffered to as 'subtle racism" he doesnt openly spout the n word or make bad remarks to black or hispanic or asian people but it is in the tone he responds to things and the comments he makes that lead one to wonder if he is more or less just angry at someone because of their skin color.

take for example his outrage that back in the nineties spikelee encouraged schools in new york to allow the kids to go see his movie malcolm x as it pertained to a major figure head in the civil rights movement.
    I remember this pretty well. he was furious about it and ofcourse spikelee returned the fury with a few explicit phone responses back which rush then aired bleeped out ofcourse and responded with a scoff "yeah, you sound reaaaaal educated to me,spike"

there's been other incidences out ther eof things like this on his show which lead sme to wonder if he's really mad at steele for calling him out as what he is, a extreme right wing entertainer (and he does get pretty extreme right on his show sometimes) or is it because he doesnt like the fact that for the first time ever in the republican partie's history of being in this country there's a black guy running things who ha spromised on day one to clean up things and bring the republican party into a new century with a new light........

any thuoghts?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: do you think rush is mad at the new pres of the rnc for backing obama or ......

No, I think it's just a power struggle between the neoconservatives, the true conservatives, and the republican sheep who lost their leader. There are some SERIOUS ideological splits on the right side of the spectrum, as well as a bit of a power vacuum at the top, so the fight between Rush and Steel is kind of predictable. I certainly don't think race is a factor.

Default Re: do you think rush is mad at the new pres of the rnc for backing obama or ......

I also think that any elected bozo that wishes failure on any economic recovery efforts put forth by our Government at this time needs to check themselves. I'm totally open to hearing fresh new ideas, but to simply strive for deeper American suffering is astoundingly unpatriotic. They should have their flag pins taken away from them, at the very least.

Disagreement is fine, but hope for a better tomorrow is a requirement for any respectable elected official in my book.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Did Rush or Steel want it to fail? I'm confused?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I had no idea that Canadian rock band was so right-wing.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Did Rush or Steel want it to fail? I'm confused?

No idea on Steel, but Rush Limbaugh has spoken extensively about how he wants the economy to fail even worse because then people will see Democrats suck. Or something to that effect. I don't care what someone's political affiliation is, but wishing for the US economy to fail means Rush Limbaugh needs to hand in his patriot card. That is both extremely unpatriotic and really stupid. Even if his allegiance is to another sovereign nation, one hostile to the USA (although Rush Limbaugh does not describe himself as such), it would still be stupid to wish failure on the US economy because America's financial woes have been causing negative fiscal ripples all over the world.

Apparently, Rush Limbaugh recently explained his unpatriotic behavior by saying that he and his people were essentially the scorpion to the current administration's frog, so they had to sting, whether or not they agreed with the current administration and whether or not what it is doing is working.

For those of you unfamiliar with the parable, a scorpion wishes to cross a body of water and asks a frog to take him across because the frog can swim and the scorpion can't. The frog is not really into taking the scorpion across because he is scared the scorpion will sting him. The scorpion swears up one side and down the other that he will not sting the frog. So the frog agrees to take the scorpion across. When the pair are in the middle of the body of water, far from land, the scorpion stings the frog. As the frog is dying, he asks the scorpion why he did it, given that now the scorpion is going to die too. The scorpion explains that it is just in his nature.

And Rush Limbaugh is actually claiming to speak for the right wing when he says that he and all the righteous of the Republican party are simply the drowning scorpion. Does he even know what he is saying? Then again, this is a man who said all drug addicts deserved to go to jail . . . who then got addicted to heavy opiates and surprisingly did not check himself into the nearest jail.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I had no idea that Canadian rock band was so right-wing.

Today's Tom Sawyer doesn't want to see those two confused.

Rush Limbaugh is a fat, angry, racist shock jock. He exists to entertain, shock and to stir up shit for ratings.

He is a useless fear mongering fool. I hope one day his conscious catches up with him and he try's to change for the better.

as far as i know, only rush a few others in the red party want obama's recovery plan to fail. there are a few senators that are even going as far as to not acept bailout money or assistance for the states they represent,sadly ours is included in that. steel is trying to rebuild the republican party and move them awya formt he "fat rich hetero protestant white guy" society they've been sterotyped as for the longest time and is one of those fella who tends to work in the middle.
    he said he didnt want obama's plan to fail but eh has concerns as do alot of sentaros too but mainly over earmakrs and pork. rush has just had a bee in his panties over steele ever since he got blasted on cable television by steele calling him what he is-an entertainer who doesnt speak or represent the republican partie's interests.

Actually, I believe the Scorpion and Frog parable was brought up most recently by Jonah Goldberg, editor-at-large of National Review Online, and not Rush. Although in reference to that, I found this nugget from July of last year while doing the research on the most recent origin.

I heard a rumor that Rahm Emmanuel set this all up through proxies, and that this is just the beginning of the Dem's payback for all of Karl Rove's horseshittery over the years. You do not fuck with Chicago pols.

On the other hand, this could 'splain it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Actually, I believe the Scorpion and Frog parable was brought up most recently by Jonah Goldberg, editor-at-large of National Review Online, and not Rush. Although in reference to that, I found this nugget from July of last year while doing the research on the most recent origin.
    just read that. very true analogy

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I've had all night to think about this subject. After a long deliberation and some scientific studies I've come to the conclusion...."Fuck Limbaugh!"

FedorasBox's Avatar Member

As a person who travels constantly around the US, I have noticed a shift in how people view the Republican party and its values. Seems to me that a lot of Republicans are becoming more progressive and liberal in their ideals, while this super-far-right-Bush-Limbaugh perspective seems to be more extreme than popular. I can only imagine that Limbaugh's flaming can only make people love Obama more.

yeah me and my uncle were discussing this at the hospital today too. so far i think obama's done a better job within his first two months than bush ever did in eight years. he shut down guanonamo bay his first day in and banned the use of torture to extract information which i think is great cus we're the best military force inthe world we shouldnt have to resort to guerilla tactics to get info form people and he even admits when he's fucke dup instead of pointing the finger at someone else or denying it all together. which i have repsect for.

rush is and always has been a big fat deuche bag in my opinion ever since i ehard him for the first time on the radio in the nineties and i've never been a fan of any of the republicans we've ha din office. i mean, nixon got the ball rolling on this crap with starting the whole outsourcing jobs to foreign countries like china.

then reagan came in with his whole "let's put missiles in space on satellites just in case the commies or little green men try to invade us' and "trikle down" economics followed by g.h bush who almost had us in a big ass recession in the nineties because he-and this may be a shocker-decided to go to war with iraq because they were at war with iran who we were allies with at the time after being allies with iraq in the eighties under reagans' watch against iran (confusing i know)
    and then we just got done spending the last eight years under the "divine spiritual leadership " of george w.bush who before becoming president was in charge of two count em two oil companies that went belly up, in charge of a major league baseball team and traded arod for two crappy players to new york (or atleast i think it was two) openly came out in an interview with the opinion that wicca should have never been recognised as a religion because it didnt fit his belief system as a christian-which he used as his main excuse for going into iraq if anyone recalls- and then pardoned two guys before leaving his office in texas who were convicted of dragging a man from the back of their pickup truck through three towns because he was black. not to mention the fact he pardoned two officers upon leaving the whitehouse for shooting an unarmed drug dealer and then planting evidence on him to make it look like self defense so they wouldnt get in trouble. grante,d the guy was a durg dealer but still shotting an unarmed person instead of arresting them and then planting evidence to make it look like he has a weapon is does not justify anything.

so yeah not a big fan of the republican party lol

+ Reply to Thread