+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who is up for poker?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Who is up for poker?

Just watched one of those poker shows on TiVo. A construction worker from the Pacific NW won over $400,000. Anyone here play poker? Anyone here any good?

Default Re: Who is up for poker?

Used to, but forgot how.

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

I like standard 5-card draw. I wouldn't say I'm very good at it (don't play too often), but it's fun. I like blackjack too.

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

I used to play poker with my parents when I was little. They always took their change jar out, and seperated the money between my sister and I.. and we got to keep whatever we won.

Other than that.. I can't say that I have played poker... At least not real poker!

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

I can kill a man with a thrown playing card. It comes in handy when you can't play cards for shit.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by DyingSunshine
    I used to play poker with my parents when I was little. They always took their change jar out, and seperated the money between my sister and I.. and we got to keep whatever we won.

Other than that.. I can't say that I have played poker... At least not real poker!
    If you won real money playing, I think that counts.

Will -- can you teach me how to kill a man with a playing card?

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

I rock at Texas hold 'em.

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

My sensei's book is out of print, but you can read excerpts here: http://www.davidslife.com/funstuff/cards/technique.htm

Ricky Jay is the badass of bad asses.

Dark Z's Avatar Anime or Guns? Hmmm......

Poker? I love it

5 card draw Classic. everyone should know this game (and it's the basis for the other poker games)

Midnight Baseball: 7 Card No peek w/ 3s & 9s wild and 4s will let you buy another card for a chip (bet on every player's high hand.)

Follow the Bitch (AKA Queen and what follows): 2 cards down 3 cards up w/ Queens and last card delt directly after a Queen (face up) are wild... (bet after 3rd, 4th and 5th cards are dealt)

Texas Hold'em: good game if there're more than 5 people.

Guts. 2-5 cards (dealer's choice) if there's less then 5 cards then straights and flushes don't count. Players bet then on count of three must hold or fold. If 1 player holds that player wins. If more than 1 player hold, then winner takes the pot, and losers pay the ammount that was in the pot to the new pot (progressive)

say there's a $5 ante and there're 4 players. that's a $20 pot. lets say that 3 players hold their cards. 1 person gets the $20, and the two that held and lost pay $20 each making the new pot $40.

(3 card guts is the best IMHO.)

and there's another great game that's not really a poker game:
    Screw your neighbor Each player places 4 piles of chips infront of themselves. Dealer then deals 1 card to each player. Ace is the lowest (1) and King is the Highest. Player on the Dealer's left starts and decides if he/she wants to heep the card dealt or trade with the player on his/her left. if the player wants to trade, then the player on the person's left must accept the trade UNLESS the person on the left has a King. then they may say "Screw you" to the person on their right 9who wants the trade) and the option to trade continues clockwise with each player to the dealer. the dealer then may keep the card in his hand or take the top card off the deck.

the person with the lowest card after the dealer makes his/her decision pushes one of their piles of chips into the center of the table. The deal passes to the left, and the deck is not shuffled until there are not enough cards left to make a full round.

Winner is the last person with chips, and they get them all.

there're more but some of the rules are too complex (like 7/27)

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Poker rocks!

+ Reply to Thread