+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are You Numb?

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Are You Numb?

I ask because I am near this point. I am at the point where I grasp for any feeling and/or emotion to hold on to, and run with it. I've held my feelings in for too long, and this is what I get. Ha. Isn't life just a bitch? People betraying me left and right. Playing jokes as though its funny. I'll finish this later when I can think straight. ::-*sigh*-::

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Are You Numb?

That sucks. I've gone through that as well. Sometimes it's good to change your routine at these times. Explore new places, read new publications, eat at different spots. Shake things up. That helps get out of a groove and gets your mind on new and interesting stuff. Sometimes that even helps give you new perspective on the old stuff.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

know what you mean man ,lately ,unfornatly,it's been sadness,depressin due to me and feincee being ripped apart for (lets chech the clock)another 2 years, its really lonely and thats really the only emotin i get anymore

Quote "Ha. Isn't life just a bitch? People betraying me left and right" damn straight man .one of my favorite sayings life is a bitch

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

you should share your feelings, even if they are painful and other's cannot understand them. you have to be honest, especially to yourself, who count's most of all (and maybe to yourself, the only one.)

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

even when I feel alone, which is often, at least you know that there's some place you can turn to where other people will accept you and know how you feel, I think we all are fortunate here. I've been seeing that lately and I get the vibe of this place being more like a community and not just a place to discuss topics on issues, but about the people themselves.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

dont worry theese things pass with time i go through this about every other month just ride with it and try to find the cause

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    dont worry theese things pass with time i go through this about every other month just ride with it and try to find the cause
    Whats confusing is, I just saw my G/f whom I haven't seen for a few weeks. then BAM! I get all down, and start to feel like shit.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

hmmm there has to be more too it than that or maybe your just manic depressive or i dunno

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    Whats confusing is, I just saw my G/f whom I haven't seen for a few weeks. then BAM! I get all down, and start to feel like shit.

yea my feiincee called me at worked friday, first time ive talked to her in a bout 2 months(did i mention we wont be able to communitcate fot those2 yrs as well)i was real happy i got to hear her voice ,reminded me how madly in love i was. immediatly after i was real depressed ,i know its a normal bullsjit feeling but this one isn't gunna rollout with time

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

forrest beat me to the punch.....all i can say is I don't expect to have friends thatrespect me and when i doI feel I am in ashock.....

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

Thats the problem with keeping things inside of you. Imagine each moment being filled to the belly with little spiked balls of high emotion and torment. After awhile the threshold of pain begins to go so high it will drop down, to the eventual numbness. I agree to keep always communicative of how you feel with anyone for your sake.

If I am off, then I hope you can shed more light into what is happening TheQuietPlace.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

first up i wanted to congratulate you on talking bout your feelings..i sometimes find it so hard...but i know what you're feeling, honestly..this week (today in particular) i feel like i've put on so many false smiles just to make people happy when inside i don't know how to feel...even cried at college and i too find that i mostly feel like this after i've spent time with my ex..am fine when i'm with him but once he's gone...(weird thing is, he's the only one i speak to bout my feelings and get hugs from) when i got off the bus tonight i didn't even realise i was walking..it felt so alien to me..just walking!
    anyway..i've felt like this before and i assure you..it will go away, give it time..

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

When I ever have the time to actually be anything but occupied or flustered. I don't have the luxury of expressing my feelings to anyone. God forbid I have a shitty day, then when I actually get to complain about it, I get interrupted which all that does is make me angrier. I need a punching bag.

i have lived that way my intire life. for a while i thought i was cursed or something. I prolly still think i do. Lifes a bitch then you die so fuck the world and lets get high.

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    When I ever have the time to actually be anything but occupied or flustered. I don't have the luxury of expressing my feelings to anyone. God forbid I have a shitty day, then when I actually get to complain about it, I get interrupted which all that does is make me angrier. I need a punching bag.
    i got a puching bag it don't help that much... there affordible tho

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Forrest is right, try to get away from these negative people, just go somewhere else, do something else for a while. Do something you used to like to do when you were a kid.

Sometimes you have to cut people loose. You have to move on, or they will destroy you.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Exactly. Find people who like to have fun. Find people that do not give you shit. When you surround yourself with cool people, and your life is not so full of lame people, then you will start feeling better. The numbness is a defence against pain. You have to get away from the people who make you feel bad about yourself... Then the numbness will ease up...

+ Reply to Thread