Thread: do you believe Headmaster: No Vampires At Our School

and your little dog too

Default do you believe Headmaster: No Vampires At Our School

Headmaster: No Vampires At Our School
    Boston Latin H.S. Tries To Quash Rumors

POSTED: 12:18 pm EDT March 26, 2009
    UPDATED: 1:39 pm EDT March 26, 2009

from boston channel

BOSTON -- The headmaster of one of the city's most prestigious exam schools is dealing with an unusual rumor sweeping student classrooms.

Click To Comment

There are no vampires at Boston Latin School, says headmaster Lynne Moone Teta.

Seriously.

Students at the school, which was founded in 1635, began e-mailing news organizations Wednesday night with the strange story of vampires roaming the halls.

"Supposedly 3 students believe that they are vampires and today when a student was bitten the police were informed," wrote one student in a message to TheBostonChannel.com. "I heard that one girl was arrested another suspended."

Police, however, denied reports that anyone at the school was bitten.

The rumors were strong enough to cause anxiety among the student body and disrupt classes on Thursday.

"I seek your cooperation in redirecting your energy toward the learning objectives of the day. Please do not sensationalize or discuss these rumors," Teta wrote in a notice obtained by the Boston Globe and sent to faculty, students and parents.

Teta said she was concerned that some students' safety might be jeopardized because of the rumors.

"At no time was anyone's safety in jeopardy," she wrote.

In its long, rich history the school's students have included revolutionary firebrands Ben Franklin, Sam Adams, John Hancock, but likely never vampires.

Boston police acknowledged visiting the school Wednesday after learning about the rumors.

"We did go over there and speak to some of the students and quelled the rumors that were going and kind of told them the effect those rumors could have on the rest of the student population," spokesman Eddy Chrispin said.

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images
    Interest in vampires among young people has been rekindled in the past year with the release of the hit movie "Twilight". It tells the story of a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire.

The movie, which stars teen heart throb Robert Pattinson, was released on DVD last weekend. The DVD sold 13 million copies on its first day of sales, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Default Re: do you believe Headmaster: No Vampires At Our School

Heeeeeeheee Thanks for this.

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

OOOHH I LOVE THIS ONE!!!,...
    :-)

GO VAMPYRES/VAMPIRES!!!!!,...

Hey ~ Evan (WE) should get to go to School Too
    IF? (we) Want too,...
    :-)

FedorasBox's Avatar Member

hahah!

+ Reply to Thread