+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emo: Independent Music for the Weak

Default Emo: Independent Music for the Weak

Emo has been around long enough that it should have died a natural death by now. But it won't go away. It hangs around, moping just out of view, like a skinny wuss with a journal in his messenger bag and tears in his eyes. You tell him to fuck off and he skulks away, but you see him following you again the next day. Emo needs that rejection to keep its heart pure, you see. Ugh, so creepy? Can you believe you ever thought there was something special about emo?

It's over, emo...
    Read the full article

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Emo: Independent Music for the Weak

the really weird thing about "emo" is that it isnt even emo anymore its some kind of catchall for bands that wear all black and sing about death, its like the 2000s version of 90s pseudogoth. the funny thing is that theres a bunch of those 90s psuedogoths still around and they fight all the time, you can tell the difference between the two groups by the tightness of their pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    the really weird thing about "emo" is that it isnt even emo anymore its some kind of catchall for bands that wear all black and sing about death, its like the 2000s version of 90s pseudogoth. the funny thing is that theres a bunch of those 90s psuedogoths still around and they fight all the time, you can tell the difference between the two groups by the tightness of their pants.
    also notable differences:

Emo has at least some sort of multicolored bleached streaks in their hair.
    Pseudogoths have a Batbelt of Aquanet

Both versions still come with eyeliner and kung fu kick action.

I think I'd pay to see emo vs. pseudogoth a la kung fu style. Not much, maybe a dollar, but still.

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

I bulletined this article to everyone on my ******* friend's list,thought it was so great,I've been saying this forever.

Emo,just hurry up and die already or I'm going to puke in your girly hairdo!

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

I did a project on emo last year when we had to choose a style of music and present it to our fine arts class. Namely because it was something no one at my school knew about and I got a kick out of it.

Now I wish they didnt know what it was. Because the fashion has just hit the area I live in. It starts out as a joke. They say "oh yeah I'm emo lollllzz" *eye rolling*
    next week their are sporting their tight ass jeans & bad make up (which honestly I'm guitly of myself, I wont lie. I mean the make up, tight jeans kill me, I dont see how the guys can stand them)

but some of my dearest friends do it (I've probably been guilty of it myself). So I cant hate on it too much.

"Horribly, we must admit that all of us have been emo kids at one point. We’ve all been misunderstood. We’ve all had our hearts torn out and dropped on our Chuck Taylors. We’ve all had our personal notes read before the class. And somewhere in the recesses of our mind, we’ve all written sick-making poetry about it. But we eventually realized that we weren’t alone, and that everyone had felt like this once. And we realized that we were the only ones still whining and sulking. And we shut the fuck up and got on with our lives."

But thats pretty much why I tolerate it.
    Just hoping eventually, we'll all grow up.

+ Reply to Thread