+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AmeliaG says I need to make a positive thread...

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default AmeliaG says I need to make a positive thread...

So how about this. Is anyone up for the idea of having a secret santa blue blood christmas??? I think if we get enough people signed up it could be realy dandy. (don't sign up if you won't follow through) We could just set some basic guidelines, such as the gift needs to be no more then 20 dollars & you have to have it in the mail by Dec.18 (so it arrives before christmas) I haven't thought up a system how we will randomly pick who gives who what gift. but I think this might put people up to the holiday spirit.

anyone up for it?

Default Re: AmeliaG says I need to make a positive thread...

Okay I've came up with an unclever but appropriate system for determining who will be who's secret santa. after everyone is signed up. I will right all the names down (in random order) & number them from 1 to however many people are involved. then either A)people will post saying wich number they want (they can't see the name) until all the numbers are taking (1st come 1st served). or B)I will just generate another random numbered list & whatever your number is on the 2nd list, you get the corrosponding person on the first list. (if you get yourself, you'll be randomly reasigned)

Sounds like fun.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

The flaw in this is that most of us don't know each other all that well...so spending time and cash on a gift would be kind of a pain. Plus with so many here in other countries shipping charges would suck...

Those that DO know each other already hang out and what not...so their is lil reason for them to go to such trouble.

Good intention but maybe in another year or so...

and your little dog too

i agree with Tequila Zaire. if i know someone in real life, i might get them something anyway, but i would find it creepy to randomly draw someone who got my address or where i got theirs. there are people i only know from Blue Blood i would love to meet in real life, but what if i got morning glory? besides a lot of people here are satanist or other non santa religions

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    i agree with Tequila Zaire. if i know someone in real life, i might get them something anyway, but i would find it creepy to randomly draw someone who got my address or where i got theirs. there are people i only know from Blue Blood i would love to meet in real life, but what if i got morning glory? besides a lot of people here are satanist or other non santa religions
    Totally forgot that aspect...not all here would really celebrate that holiday eh? Plus the address thing is true...I doubt ANY here would want to give that out...even a P.O. Box.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I know that you are a selfish person karyn, so I wouldn't want to press it upon you to have to give anyone else anything. I wouldn't mind giving something, but the people on here are so diverse that it would be hard to know what to get. greeting cards are nice, because they express kind words, something that anyone can afford to give. I can see that mailing adresses would be uncomfortablet for some of our members. but maybe something along the lines of an E card? I don't know much about them, to be truthful, but that would be a nice gesture, that I think could be done relativley easily. just a thought.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

I think it is a great idea. And a good way to meet/interact with people. A suggestion please? Maybe when you sign up, you could state if you are male or female and list 2 or 3 things you like..or are interested in. (that would be the great way to learn about others here) I don't see what the issue with an address is, if someone wants to do something to spread holiday cheer, I doubt they would be so low to be deceitiful or do something harmful, if You are worried, send a relative or friends address maybe? I don't mean to sound like a cad or cheeky but if someone here wanted to harm you so badly, they dont need to send a yule/christmas gift...they can hack in your PC and shut you down easy enough. Just a thought..

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    I think it is a great idea. And a good way to meet/interact with people. A suggestion please? Maybe when you sign up, you could state if you are male or female and list 2 or 3 things you like..or are interested in. (that would be the great way to learn about others here) I don't see what the issue with an address is, if someone wants to do something to spread holiday cheer, I doubt they would be so low to be deceitiful or do something harmful, if You are worried, send a relative or friends address maybe? I don't mean to sound like a cad or cheeky but if someone here wanted to harm you so badly, they dont need to send a yule/christmas gift...they can hack in your PC and shut you down easy enough. Just a thought..
    So if you're worried about your own safety put others in danger? Oh that makes sense.

It's hard to know who is trustworthy online even if they act like saints...or in the case of a few members...overly nice and creepy as hell saints.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    So if you're worried about your own safety put others in danger? Oh that makes sense.

It's hard to know who is trustworthy online even if they act like saints...or in the case of a few members...overly nice and creepy as hell saints.
    I guess that just goes back to my views on people. It is wonderful we all have our own views. I see good in people, I dont expect the bad. As I said before if someone wants to cause you harm, all they need to do these days is look you up in the online white/yellow pages or tap into your pc and find it out...You don't need someone to give you an address to be harmed.

well me personaly I don't have any problem letting others know my address. theres always something harmful that could happen with whatever you do. It's just a choice of how fearful you wish to live your life.

I'm up for it.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    I guess that just goes back to my views on people. It is wonderful we all have our own views. I see good in people, I dont expect the bad. As I said before if someone wants to cause you harm, all they need to do these days is look you up in the online white/yellow pages or tap into your pc and find it out...You don't need someone to give you an address to be harmed.
    Well aware of that...use to be my old trade. Those that want to harm will of course find a way to do so...and some here have had a few stalker issues in the past. That said though...what I think is getting lost is the reality that this community is not tight knit enough for something like gifts...hell even an E-Card. Their are only a handful of regulars with many poping in and out every few weeks...so while I admire the intention of the idea...it's misplaced.

Gifts never work well to bring strangers together as friends...gifts always work best between people you've made a connection with or else they are just empty formalities.

As a community I don't think we're at that level yet...one day maybe but this place is still on it's baby legs so to speak.

I think it would be kind of fun... but I'm not sure how keen I am about the address thing. Maybe when I don't live with my parents, in two or three years, but I don't think now is good.
    On the other hand, I think e-cards would be nice. You know, small enough, and private enough to meet everybody's privacy or monetary issues, but also good enough to make people smile.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Morning Glory and karyn can knock it off right now.

On the Secret Santa thing, I give thanks that I no longer interact in office or school environments which compell me to participate in that type of activity. There is always someone who buys overly extravagant gifts no matter how often a price limit is mentioned. There are always people who really can't afford to participate but feel they have to. And there is always the weirdness of not knowing who to get what.

In this specific instance, I would also not really want to be responsible for people trading around a mailing list of people who post here. Most of you all are great, but all it would take is one spammer or creep to make things less fun. Maybe there are none here, but I do not want to risk it. We take your privacy very seriously at Blue Blood and would never give out your email or, in the case of T-shirt or prize mailings, would never give out your mailing address.

We do events from time to time and will post information here so that people who wish to meet in person may. Once you have met somebody, it is up to you to decide what your comfort is.

I think the best gifts are given from the heart and not when there is a holiday requirement, but just out of the genuine desire to give and bring happiness.

You have the right idea with kind intentions of bringing pleasure to others. *

I say we do secret Santeria!
    We can leave dead chickens on each other's doorsteps!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus
    I say we do secret Santeria!
    We can leave dead chickens on each other's doorsteps!
    Bah! Whatever happened to good ,old fashioned, flaming bags of poop?!*

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    besides a lot of people here are satanist or other non santa religions
    i'd have to check with the local admin of the Dark Circle, but i think Satanists are allowed to send christmas gifts as long as they subvert the general idea. like getting a Giger Alien model and giving it a little Santa hat.

and it's early, and i say this every year, but in 2005 i am going to make some chocolate crosses.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Gifts never work well to bring strangers together as friends...

i've found the best way to get to know someone is to drive out into the middle of nowhere together and then have the car break down.

not with the intention of coercing them into sex or anything. just to see how people interact in a crisis.

VampBoi's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Bah! Whatever happened to good ,old fashioned, flaming bags of poop?!*

VampBoi's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I think the best gifts are given from the heart and not when there is a holiday requirement, but just out of the genuine desire to give and bring happiness.
    I totally agree. Why do we need a holiday attached? If you make a really good friend here (and trust them), you can always PM them (any time of the year) and get their info and send them something.

+ Reply to Thread