+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vamps or Wolfs- Dracula was a pussy!!!!

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

Default Vamps or Wolfs- Dracula was a pussy!!!!

Ok all- I'm gonna do another thread about goth fashion- BUT- my thought started with this-
    I must confess- I always hated vampire movies!!! I always thought dracula was a pussy. Just a pale flamer. (not that Im anti-homo)
    The only thing I really liked about them was them getting killed (...catch a little wood, teak, mahogany?)
    I always considered myself more of a werewolf- or alien creature kinda person.
    So- since this last year we've had the opportunity to finally see some modern Vamp VS. Wolf movies(Underworld- cool concept, shitty movie, and VanHelsing- just an FX fest) I thought I'd throw out the question- Which are you? or, Which would you be?- and WHY?
    I really want some thought on this- seriously- give me some juicy debate- weigh the pros and cons
    really we're not limited-
    we have Vamps(what about the super Vamps from Blade II), Wolfs, Various other undead/supernatural beings, Aliens, and various Monsters(of earth- these would include Frank, Creature of the black lagoon, Tremor worms, sea worms, dinosaur hybrids, big foot and co., and anything else BORN or otherwise made here- even serial killers) to choose from. No cartoon characters- comics OK- cartoons NO (if it was a comic FIRST its OK)- I have planted the seed- water it for me.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Vamps or Wolfs- Dracula was a pussy!!!!

swamp thing. he was E.L.F. before it was fashionable. although a little weed killer would thin out his ranks, you don't even wanna get that mother fucker near some Miracle Grow!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

ive always thought zombies were cool and yes i do consider frankenstein a zombie

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Nosferatu was a badass,i was a fan of zombies too, BUT remember the original BLOB back in the day, that was the shit,it just kinda rolled over shit,and it was like a giant purple hunk of Jell-o............

tell me you'd want to deal with that bad mother

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    Nosferatu was a badass,i was a fan of zombies too, BUT remember the original BLOB back in the day, that was the shit,it just kinda rolled over shit,and it was like a giant purple hunk of Jell-o............

the best thing about the blob movie was the theme song
    http://kingtet.com/theblob.htm

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

the blob rocked totally, fuck remember when it sucked that dude right down through a plughole in a sink?!!!!
    or was that the remake....??

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    the blob rocked totally, fuck remember when it sucked that dude right down through a plughole in a sink?!!!!

the last time i really sat down and watched was when i was a kid.....theres been many,many years of hard drug useage affecting my already bad memory here.........can't pull any specififcs exept it i loved the movie when i was a kid.....sounds like a remake though,a bit grafic for the late 50's..........but hell meybe i can't remember shit.........

by the way 23* is that a blotter square in your profile thing.......

the last time i really sat down and watched was when i was a kid.....theres been many,many years of hard drug useage affecting my already bad memory here.........can't pull any specififcs exept it i loved the movie when i was a kid.....sounds like a remake though,a bit grafic for the late 50's..........but hell meybe i can't remember shit.........

by the way 23* is that a blotter square in your profile thing.......

it is indeed. I'm partial to my acid drops.
    Psycedelics interest me greatly. Their day will come again my friend, just you wait

hell ,i've eatin sooo much acid in my life......damn.....theres been a nationwide drout for about 4 or 5 years, i've heard it's coming back up in the northern states...........

ha.....there was a good year or so when i was doing like 15 hits a week ...........good times.(well,maybe not but i damn sure injoyed it...)probally why it took my almost 6 years to pass high school......haha.......

hell ,i've eatin sooo much acid in my life......damn.....theres been a nationwide drout for about 4 or 5 years, i've heard it's coming back up in the northern states...........

ha.....there was a good year or so when i was doing like 15 hits a week ...........good times.(well,maybe not but i damn sure injoyed it...)probally why it took my almost 6 years to pass high school......haha.......
    15 hits a week for a whole year....jesus christ....thats soo cool!

You're a fucking legend.

Actually I'd be really interested to hear more.

Like what kind of tolerence did you build up to it, were you basically always tripping? Bad trips? Was it more thoughtful outer space shit or just crazy colors and fucked up 'Fear & Loathing in Los Vegas' kinda shit??

so did like tripping become your normal thought process more or less? Bet you have some craZy stories!!

yes that was a remake- but it still ripped ass!!!! Never even thought of the Blob- but HELL YEAH- there was also the scene where he bent the cop in half and ripped in out of some little crack-
    ahhh- the joys of horror cinema-

Great thinking kat- Actually- I think thats really what it was- The remake is one of the few that does the original any justice- The best would have to be one of my all time favorites- John Carpenters "The Thing"- the original "thing" was like a giant carrot- how stupid
    yes- after the remake I wanted to be the blob!!!

15 HITS- Fuck- I never crossed the 10 mark- some people just gotta push it-
    haven't noticed the drought- I gave up synthetics- Ayahausca will be my next journey!!! I did peyote but I think I needed more, or just to do it differently. Entheogens are the way brutha!!

ohh man, i studied all different Entheogens for years, ask away if you got questions,but it's probally better as a private thing....

thats 15hits A WEEK i didn't think it was too bad,never went further.....

ohh man, i studied all different Entheogens for years, ask away if you got questions,but it's probally better as a private thing....

ohhhhhhh- a week is a whole different story- 15 in a night might leave you looking like the Joker for some time-
    Done plenty of studying myself bro- really think they're an important part of our mental evolution- but the vast majority of this planet can't look past-party

yes,thank you. it makes my smile when i see people with that outlook....

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    swamp thing. he was E.L.F. before it was fashionable. although a little weed killer would thin out his ranks, you don't even wanna get that mother fucker near some Miracle Grow!
    Goooood choice! I almost forgot about Swampy- I loved that shit!!!!!!!!! You gotta give props to a creature that can give Heather Locklear the zuchinni!!!
    ...except Tommy Lee!!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Wolf all the way. You have to keep in mind that many wolf clans were/are actually guardians of the people. I have come, in very recent times, to love and respect the people. I see myself as no better or worse than others. I am simply different.

OEC

Everyone talking about acid brings me back. I've done more than I care to talk about. I sure can relate to your 15 a week memorys, killerkat. I'm not quite the same as before but I like to think, for the better.
    Anyway- I always felt comfortable towards the vampire side. Wolfs always struck me as cheezy. but thats just me...

You read much McKenna? I've been meaning to read up on Shamanism in Russia. Entheogens played a major role. You know any good sources?

OEC

Terrence McKenna...he's a god,truly,his work with DMT, changed my life...........i've got a bunch of good ooks on shamanism ...in a box..........

i'll send you a message....

Terrence McKenna...he's a god,truly,his work with DMT, changed my life...........i've got a bunch of good ooks on shamanism ...in a box..........

i'll send you a message....
    Thanks. Here's a resource for McKenna if anyone is interested.
    http://www.deoxy.org/mckenna.htm

OEC

haha, oh the world we live in when killing your brain cells is considered learning.

I had a freind who was a heroin junkie and who burnt every bridge in her life until she eventually died in the gutter. I had another freind who had a heart attack at age 18 from doing too much coke and pills. aren't drugs cool? let's talk more about how great they are, they should be in every classroom.

I had a freind who was a heroin junkie and who burnt every bridge in her life until she eventually died in the gutter. I had another freind who had a heart attack at age 18 from doing too much coke and pills. aren't drugs cool? let's talk more about how great they are, they should be in every classroom.
    I've had friends die of drug overdoses. That really has nothing to do with the role of entheogens in Russian shamanism. I'm not going to shy away from something due only to not agreeing with it.

OEC

Hula Hoop Supervisor

And your point is what? Drugs ARE cool to some and are quite helpful to others. The destructive nature is well known and well documented. Go too far with anything and addiction and death are possibilites. Alchohol is just as bad...and good.

Not a big fan of drugs for the same reasons as you listed...too much of a bodycount and I honestly don't buy into the notion they can enlighten the mind. However just saying they are bad and uncool won't really get anywhere...

As far as drugs in every classroom...they are and have been for a long time. Every high school and college I went to always had a dealer or two...or at the least someone carrying. It's not about being cool...it's about feeling a certain way. If it was about being cool drugs would be a fad...but the way they make you feel is what keeps people coming back. Given High Schools at this current place in time (really 1988 and on) you NEED drugs to get through them.

And here I thought you picked morning glory because of its hallucinagenic effects(Traditionally used in divination. The seeds of some varieties contain LSA and can cause visual and perceptual effects similar to LSD).-
    Actually we're not talking about drugs- we're talking about entheogens (en·theo·gen [god within; god- or spirit-facilitating] a psychoactive sacramental; a plant or chemical substance taken to occasion primary religious experience. Example: peyote cactus as used in the Native American Church).
    - coke and heroin have never been used ritually by any type of indigenous tribe- they both require a processing unavailable to primitive cultures. Not to mention, they are a considerably different "high", a useless one. Entheogens are also not addictive, unlike our afore mentioned "drugs".
    LSD has fallen into this category because of its availability since its discovery, and the popularity of its use in the 60's. Like I said before- most of Western culture in general can't get past the PARTY- once we hear "drug" we think " hey, we can PARTY"- however, the more evolved amongst us usually realize its potential as something more valuable. Many entheogens are or were less available, or not known at all, to many for a long time, so LSD filled that niche in society.
    Many scientist attribute the use of entheogens by primitive man to the startings of our mental, and societal evolution.
    That said- I also see drugs as a kind of seial killer/hunter- they thin out the herd a bit sometimes- any one who uses or has used knows someone who has done whatever for some time, I myself know people who have been smoking pot since the 60's and are still some of the most intelligent people I know, but then we also know one or two people who used for a few months to a few years and are complete idiots, practically retarded- such as they were before so they end up!!! We have all heard the story about the guy who did LSD and thought he could fly- jumped out a window and died- well I for one see that as a good thing- he obviously needed to be taken out of the gene-pool, I don't think he was going to be making any worthwhile contributions to our race. If you thought you could fly, Wouldn't you at least have tryed a test flight off the ground first!!!
    Instead the idiots gotta ruin it for everyone else- every drug commercial you see focuses on the mistakes natural born MORONS have made while using!!! Wake up-
    And no I don't support heroin or coke or any kinda pill use- those are empty, useless, and evil "drugs"-
    "Isn't it weird, the two drugs that are legal- tobacco and alchol, the two drugs which do absolutely nothing for you, those drugs are legal- but drugs that grow naturally upon this planet, marijuana and mushrooms, drugs that help open your eyes to how you're being FUCKED every day of you life- those drugs are illegal- coincidence?...Im sure thier motives are pure."
    "Im glad mushrooms are illegal- you know why? Cause when I took them- I sat in a field of green grass, for 4 hours, and said God- I love ...Everything...the heavens parted and god rained down gifts of love and forgiveness, healing me... on all levels, psychicly, emotionaly, mentally... and I realized that our true nature is spirit, that we are all one, and it is only our illusion that we are separate from god, when in fact we are one with him and he loves us all..............now if thats not a danger to society i don't know what is!!! You can see why the federal government would be crackin down on experiencing unconditional love- How're we gonna keep making nuclear weapons when we realize we're all one...ya see... it'll fuck up the economy... the economy thats FAKE anyway.....and that'd be a real bummer"

-Bill Hicks
    Feed your head MG-

yeah....nothing pisses me off more then when people just use the term drugs to denote dangerous addictive substances. Unless you didn't notice we were talking about acid & ethogens.

Fuck sake MGlory, educate yourself, no one overdoses to the point of cardiac arrest on LSD or mushrooms. Don't believe everthing you read on http://www.freevibe.com/Drug_Facts/index.asp

Incidentally were you aware of the popular theory that organised society & religion actually stems from everyone from the early primates to the ancient greeks using psycedelic substances? Yes, it is becoming apparant that substances which induced drug states may have been key to our evolution.

One thing I never get is when people say "oh its not natural"....I mean what the fuck??? Everything on this earth is of this earth alone....unless you think that acid came from mars do you?

Anyone read DMT the spirt molecule by Strassman?
    Hey KillerKat, you never actually found any DMT did you??

Quote Originally Posted by nyar
    You can see why the federal government would be crackin down on experiencing unconditional love- How're we gonna keep making nuclear weapons when we realize we're all one...ya see... it'll fuck up the economy... the economy thats FAKE anyway.....and that'd be a real bummer[/I]

oh yeah I'm with you all the way, the government doesn't give a fuck about the health issues related to drugs....they are well aware that people would just see through their stupidity and vanity if we all smoked grass.

Just look at some of the early pamplets given to parents in the 50s of things to look out for if their son or daughter was smoking the devil weed. Among other things, one thing to watch out for was an increasing interest in enviromental or political issues....hahahahaha....that says it all for me!

wow, did we get off subject here?

anyhow , I have five words for you....

The Creature From The Black Lagoon.
    az

Quote Originally Posted by Azteroth391
    wow, did we get off subject here?

anyhow , I have five words for you....

The Creature From The Black Lagoon.
    az
    Yeah- way off!
    Good choice though. I always had a soft spot for the ol' CBL.

oh yeah I'm with you all the way, the government doesn't give a fuck about the health issues related to drugs....they are well aware that people would just see through their stupidity and vanity if we all smoked grass.

Just look at some of the early pamplets given to parents in the 50s of things to look out for if their son or daughter was smoking the devil weed. Among other things, one thing to watch out for was an increasing interest in enviromental or political issues....hahahahaha....that says it all for me!

Actually I saw a documentary on the crimilization of pot- The basic idea was that the politicians of the time were so concerned about the anti-war and civil rights movements having negative effects on thier empire they figured that making pot illegal would thus make it simple to lable all users(most of the people involved in those movements) criminals!! And as such their ideas would be looked at as drug induced garbage or anti-government propaganda. The pamphlets in the 50's were just the begining, and yes- quite laughable, and a little scary.
    I never read the Strassman book on DMT- want to though- have his site bookmarked- it gives summaries of all the chapters. Its really interesting- till I found that book I never knew DMT was actually produced in our bodies.

I never read the Strassman book on DMT- want to though- have his site bookmarked- it gives summaries of all the chapters. Its really interesting- till I found that book I never knew DMT was actually produced in our bodies.

its a really enjoyable read

yeah....nothing pisses me off
    Anyone read DMT the spirt molecule by Strassman?
    Hey KillerKat, you never actually found any DMT did you??
    whick much pride i say,yes! twice, it's actually not that hard to handle or proccess,just many don't do it.......it's super quick, you'll hit your peak within a few min. ......it's absoulutly amazing,like a "super trip" nearly complete, loss of reality, and you get to that lovely state where you don't know you just did something, so you think it's like you've always been in this new "reality" ........hell . im rambling awsome memorys all quit now...

hey,23* still workin' on that stuff. ..sorry'bout the wait.........

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Well for vampires there's the whole sexuality thing going. Wolves just kill people savagely.

Although as horror movies go. Haunting of Hill House and The Exorcist are my two favorites. I'm not a big horror movie fan. Although the stuff coming out of Japan is turning out pretty good. It's nice to see genuine horror movies and not slasher flicks.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Ok all- I'm gonna do another thread about goth fashion- BUT- my thought started with this-
    I must confess- I always hated vampire movies!!! I always thought dracula was a pussy. Just a pale flamer. (not that Im anti-homo)
    The only thing I really liked about them was them getting killed (...catch a little wood, teak, mahogany?)
    I always considered myself more of a werewolf- or alien creature kinda person.
    So- since this last year we've had the opportunity to finally see some modern Vamp VS. Wolf movies(Underworld- cool concept, shitty movie, and VanHelsing- just an FX fest) I thought I'd throw out the question- Which are you? or, Which would you be?- and WHY?
    I really want some thought on this- seriously- give me some juicy debate- weigh the pros and cons
    really we're not limited-
    we have Vamps(what about the super Vamps from Blade II), Wolfs, Various other undead/supernatural beings, Aliens, and various Monsters(of earth- these would include Frank, Creature of the black lagoon, Tremor worms, sea worms, dinosaur hybrids, big foot and co., and anything else BORN or otherwise made here- even serial killers) to choose from. No cartoon characters- comics OK- cartoons NO (if it was a comic FIRST its OK)- I have planted the seed- water it for me.
    I'd prefer to be a vampire-mummy.
    A walking plague on mankind, like the concept form the Brendan Fraser movie 'The Mummy' minus *cough* Brendan Fraser//'romance' mixed with Valek from John Carpenters vampires.

What Dracula films are you watching? Gary Oldman seducing Winona and Sadie Frost, not to mention the bevy of baby-eating, bloodlusting babes he keeps at Castle Dracula and turns loose on Keanu in 'Bram Stoker's Dracula'. He's got a goddam harem going on there, for chrissakes...!

Let's not even get into Christopher Lee's onscreen adventures....as Dracula, that guy sunk his teeth into more top-drawer trim than any Bond actor.

Flamer indeed..tut!

some well founded theories based on little facts. to say that drugs resulted in human evolution is a joke, since that's going on the unscientific thoery that there is such a thing as evolution, which about half of the scientific community is now bringing into doubt. and even if it was, how can you expect me to beleive that all of the drugs that are illegal now and all the hallucinigentic substances which still remain legal contribute to advancement of a species when at the very least they cause no physical change, but aside from the few that do that, NONE of them cause any improvements in physical health. so the only explanation that drugs contribute to evolution would be that those that Don't use them are the one's that would evolve.

on the other hand drugs may be responsible for religion, which is a joke, that's the biggest fucking hypocrisy of one who uses "natural" drugs since religion is the greatest opposer to nature, it's very concept's core is that there is no nature, which is something that occurs naturally of and for it's own sake alone, it attributes all things to have been created by a higher power for the purpose of that power and negates nature.

even worse so is someone who would call "mind altering" drugs natural. if they alter your mind then they are not natural to the human consciousness. so if you want to deny what is human and replace it with something else, go ahead. but you won't led much credibility to the belief that you are an enlightened person.

to say that drugs resulted in human evolution is a joke, since that's going on the unscientific theory that there is such a thing as evolution, which about half of the scientific community is now bringing into doubt.

We are of course talking about psychological evolution. No one is saying that drugs can reduce hair growth and destroy hair follicles, if that was the case they would be much more popular. (!)
    Incidentally they are theories which are nothing if not scientific.

but aside from the few that do that, NONE of them cause any improvements in physical health. so the only explanation that drugs contribute to evolution would be that those that Don't use them are the one's that would evolve.

actually this is a pretty clever argument (have you been using LSD?) but you're arguing against a point no one made. We are as I said talking about psychological evolution.

since religion is the greatest opposer to nature, it's very concept's core is that there is no nature, which is something that occurs naturally of and for it's own sake alone, it attributes all things to have been created by a higher power for the purpose of that power and negates nature.

Not sure what books you've been reading if any. Its particularly primitive to think that religion and nature are incompatible. Religion includes any number of spiritual beliefs as well as the commonly percieved dogmatic ones. Atheism is for all intensive purposes a religion.

even worse so is someone who would call "mind altering" drugs natural. if they alter your mind then they are not natural to the human consciousness. so if you want to deny what is human and replace it with something else, go ahead. but you won't led much credibility to the belief that you are an enlightened person.
    Psychedelics promote and exaggerate thought patterns, but these patterns are still decidedly human. Although you may infrequently be subjected to unnatural cravings for bananas and for swinging between trees, it is not a typical drug experience. The responsible drug user does not deny what is human, he reinvents it.

some well founded theories based on little facts. to say that drugs resulted in human evolution is a joke, since that's going on the unscientific thoery that there is such a thing as evolution, which about half of the scientific community is now bringing into doubt. and even if it was, how can you expect me to beleive that all of the drugs that are illegal now and all the hallucinigentic substances which still remain legal contribute to advancement of a species when at the very least they cause no physical change, but aside from the few that do that, NONE of them cause any improvements in physical health. so the only explanation that drugs contribute to evolution would be that those that Don't use them are the one's that would evolve.

on the other hand drugs may be responsible for religion, which is a joke, that's the biggest fucking hypocrisy of one who uses "natural" drugs since religion is the greatest opposer to nature, it's very concept's core is that there is no nature, which is something that occurs naturally of and for it's own sake alone, it attributes all things to have been created by a higher power for the purpose of that power and negates nature.

Oh for cryin out loud!!! No one is saying some group of monkeys took some shrooms and woke up homosapiens- IT WAS A FACTOR- just like eating red meat(yes that contributed to evolution as well) Everything is here for a reason. Do you think it was a coincidence ancient amozonian tribes were able to know that mixing ingredients would produce a certain effect- when the ingredients themselves did absolutly nothing alone? just chance?
    And we never said ALL drugs, damnit, we're speaking about specific ones-
    Evolution in doubt???- by who? oh yeah the Intelligent Design whack-jobs, theres a bunch of top knotch science for ya!!! They start with works of fiction and move on to eronious conclusions and say thats truth- and if you say otherwise or question it deeper you're just wrong- real good debate- thats science- whats thier comeback-"liar,liar, pants on fire"!!!!
    Religion opposes nature?- wow- you are truley a work of... something. I suppose there are some that seem like they do, but Im not gonna argue that point.
    As for mind altering subsstances being "unnatural" or "unhuman", whatever- we have plenty of chemicals in our body which alter consciousness. Dopamine, seratonin- and oh yeah- our pineal gland produces a little thing called DMT- possibly the most powerful hallucinagenic known to man. And its proven MG- look it up if you want.
    our waking state is just a small part of the world we're heir to. You sound a little too grounded in this one. C'mon- lighten up

+ Reply to Thread