+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hammer Films/Christopher Lee

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Hammer Films/Christopher Lee

So to get into the swing of Halloween, I have been watching every Hammer Vampire films with Christopher Lee that I can possibly find!

In most of them, he hardly speaks, but he is so sexy!! Any Christopher Lee fans out there?

Default Re: Hammer Films/Christopher Lee

He's the reason I wanted to learn hypnosis !

By the way, Hammer made some good vampire films without Christopher Lee in them. Brides Of Dracula is good, but Vampire Circus is nothing short of awesome. I read a book recently that said it was heavily cut on its US theatrical release, but I don't know if this applies to the home video/dvd version in the US too...if you can track down a copy, it's well worth it !

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Oh yeah, I like Christopher Lee. I recently watched a film called Haunted Hotel, which perhaps isn't that great. But, his presence is amazing, it totally brings up the quality of the film, as low budget as it was. It's interesting how he can be so powerful in his roles, yet, a lot of them have a subtle subservience to them too. I wish he would do some spooky little film again, but his Hammer films, oh man! Sexy guy too.

Those sound great!!! I will get those, hopefully some will be on NetFLix!!!

This morning I watched "The Satanic Rites of Dracula", so cheesy 1973 and bad, but good, Christopher looks better than ever, and Joanna Lumley who played Patsy in Ab Fab is in it, but my FAVORITE line is some older English gentlemen who is talking about all the female Vampire sluts:

"What about all those unfortunate creatures in the basement?

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Those sound great!!! I will get those, hopefully some will be on NetFLix!!!

This morning I watched "The Satanic Rites of Dracula", so cheesy 1973 and bad, but good, Christopher looks better than ever, and Joanna Lumley who played Patsy in Ab Fab is in it, but my FAVORITE line is some older English gentlemen who is talking about all the female Vampire sluts:

"What about all those unfortunate creatures in the basement?
    Ha, that line reminds me of John Water's Pink Flamingos with the basement full of pregnant girls that were to make babies, before they expired, for doting lesbian couples. I think they may have even lifted a few lines from that, Waters did grow up with that stuff.

I haven't seen Pink Flamingoes in SO long, I should rent it just for the hell of it!!

Satanic Rites of Dracula is the sequel to Dracula AD 1972....and if you thought 'Rites' was cheesy, you ain't seen nothing yet...you half expect Austin Powers to pop up at any second ! Check it out for a chuckle or two!

OH that sounds great!!! I can't stop watching them!! It's hard to find them though, maybe I will just buy them!

This morning I watched, god what was it, either Dracula Has Risen From The Grave or was it The Horror of Dracula.

Great chemistry between Christopher Lee and the pretty blonde. He actually smiles at her, and it is really sexy the way he almost kisses her, very slowly...

And I also watched Dracula Prince of Darkness, which is so great!!! The women always seem to look sexier and happier after Christopher and been at them!!!! As well they should be!!!

The Hammer Films are great. Was "Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter" a Hammer Film? The way it was shot, the women, and the imagery made me think it was Hammer.

Yes, Captain Kronos was another star in the Hammer firmament...they did put out some great films like the Quatermass series, and some crap ones too...like Moon Zero Two.

They were also responsible for the 'On The Buses' movie, but the word Hammer will always be inextricably linked with Horror in my mind...as it should be!

Captain Chronos looks very interesting. I haven't been able to see it just yet. But, AMC is playing some Hammer films right up until Halloween. I have been watching snippets of those when I can.

Just saw "Searching for Dracula" which is a documentary narrated by Chrisopher Lee all about Dracula, EXCELLENT!! They go into the book, the play, all different versions of the Dracula films, they even talk about Countess Elizabeth Bathory, also, they show clips of darling Christopher in all his different Vampire roles, and show him as Vlad, etc.

Highly recommened for any serious Vampire fans!! A wealth of information. Gothic style has been around for centuries!!!

SO this morning I watched "Taste the Blood of Dracula", and Christopher Lee has one of my favorite lines of all time:

"I have no further use for you", and he throws the beautiful blonde to the ground!!!!

Reminds me of that English guy I sort of dated... H-m-m-m-m...

+ Reply to Thread