+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Angel's Night??

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Angel's Night??

Spooky Stuff Knocking on my chamber door. Tonight is Mischief Night (or Devil's Night)

DETROIT, Oct. 25 (UPI) -- Detroit is looking for volunteers in its ongoing effort to turn the pre-Halloween Devil's Night into Angels' Night.
    Angels' Night

Raymond Cheeks, director of Neighborhood City Hall, told the Detroit News that 57,000 people have already volunteered to be angels on the nights of Oct. 29, Oct. 30 and Oct. 31. That's up from 56,480 volunteers last year.

The night before Halloween, usually known as Devil's Night or Mischief Night, had been a traditional time for minor vandalism and pranks, usually fairly harmless ones involving toilet paper and shaving cream. But in Detroit and some other communities, the night morphed into a festival of arson. In 1984, the worst year, Detroit had 810 fires during the Halloween season.

Officials say that the volunteer patrol has actually cut the number of fires to below average. Last year, fires were up slightly from the previous year but investigators blamed that on high winds bringing down power lines, not on an increase in arson.

Megan Pitts, the volunteer coordinator, said many Detroiters turn the effort into a family event, with parents showing up accompanied by costumed kids.

Default Re: Angel's Night??

Should read "Angels' Night". (Ian Curtis is screaming in my ear)

OEC

and your little dog too

wholesome.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Sorry.. cant post now. I gotta go fill up my gas cans and pick up a few extra flares.

I dunno sometimes I miss the urban blight... but then again, sometimes I don't... catching the train back from brooklyn tonight I ran into a number of 'characters' that I generally avoid... the aggressive panhandling chicken head for instance... or the 'I'm sizing you up' 12x walk by young urban tough... hahaha... dog bless 'em all... they keep me on my toes, so I gotta love 'em.

Apparently, The Crow did not encourage more fires. I try to avoid the urban blight, especially when it is on fire.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    wholesome.
    It's sad to see a city (and society) degenerate to this point. At some point, you just have to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Sorry.. cant post now. I gotta go fill up my gas cans and pick up a few extra flares.

OEC

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I was going to set fire to Seattle tonight.. but it is raining

+ Reply to Thread