+ Reply to Thread

Thread: brown hair

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default brown hair

some say brown hair is boring. I've been on the fence about changing my haircolor for quite some time now. I've been a blonde(or bleaching my hair) for over ten years, I've been a natural blonde for four solid years now. today I tried on a wig that was a natural black and it really didn't look horrible, but it did look really different..... but not bad. my hair hasn't been black for some twelve years now. I guess i'll have to wear the wig out and see how I feel.

has anyone been in a position like this before? did you just balls out dye your hair? or did you chicken out knowing there was no way back after you colored it?

try to imagine my with dark chocolate brown hair. what do you think?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: brown hair

I think black could look really good with your facial structure. I have no idea if chestnut brown would work or not, I have trouble picturing it. I know black can be a drag, but it would look nice I think. That said, I like the long blonde too.

Honestly? Yeah...I would personally say brown is boring. There's some who can work with it, though. Dark brown may be a different story.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

My hair is brown with natural blonde highlights. I used to dye it red all the time but it was quite a hassle keeping it up and major damage to my hair from all the bleaching. I don't think brown is boring but I am getting antsy to do something drastic. I considered black but I'm a little chicken cuz that would be difficult to deal with if i didn't like it. I'm actually leaning more towards blue. Dark blue. I don't know.
    As for you Voltaire, I think a dark brown would look ok, even black. Why not try the brown first and if you don't like it cover it with black. Just a thought.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

If you wanna look plain and attract less attention to yourself then brown is the way to go, even if you don't like it I like my brown hair

Brown hair works if you favor dark green clothing or have green eyes. My hair is the darkest shade of brown so I try to make it darker by wearing a lot of black : )

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

browns nice..........

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I always liked black hair.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Personally, Voltaire, I think you're stunningly beautiful, and your face shot is next up on my drawing board once the work/unemployment thing is figured out.

I think you'd look just fine as a brunette.

Bedlamite

I would go with the Chocolate Brown. I won't lie, its not as 'glam' as some of the other colors, but the color is SO rich, and SO shiny... Just beautiful.

Also, if you end up HATING it, it wasn't a loss, you can just go to basic black having used the brown as filler!

Ubiquitress's Avatar Senior Member

nothing wrong with the chocolate brown sexy secretary look. just think of the effect with a nice set of horn rimmed glasses meowch!

I have just dyed my hair, from a honey blonde ( despite a lot of protests) to a hazlenut brown colour... and i love the change!

+ Reply to Thread