+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Failing stagnant technology in the music scene... still

Default Failing stagnant technology in the music scene... still

My point proven once again how technology has hit a fucking brick wall. Sound Future... Sound FUTURE?!?! FUTURE!?!?!

Even today headline stories are nothing more then rehashes of 15 year old technology... This is why NAMM has sucked since 1995 and continues to to this day

Enough already... music used to be something that someone had to genuinely study for in one manner or another to hone their musical skills to allow for proper expresion. Even when the sequencer came out, the learning curve was tremendous and it couldn't write for you. I REMEMBER the first program that could do it. That CUNTING piece of dribble software... (stealing from The Exorcist there)... It was a program from Voyetra that took known key chords and allowed you to compose entire rifts/melodies/phrases based on those choices of chords... Still cryptic but the beginning... This was back in ... oh... 1988 or so....

Sigh.... embrace and accept... embrace and accept... can't stop it... can't stop it... animal bigger then cthulhu.... animal bigger then the bloop... >fuck<

DENNIS HOPPER WANT TO GAS YOUR NEW SOUND FUTURE TECHNOLOGY

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Failing stagnant technology in the music scene... still

don't you mean: "you teh suck."

careful Allah, more posts like that and you might lose your hard earned troll status.

I'm talking about how that Sound Future article had nothing to do with 'Future'.

Everything in that story was rehash of 15 year old technology. ACID, Loops, plug-ins - tada - call it Logic now, cheapen the price, etc... it's not innovative... or at least not worthy to be called "SOUND FUTURE"... lol

Maybe "Yet another primer for those who want to write music who don't know the difference between a computer and a trail of flea feces.

Don't get me wrong - I have a Mac+PC both running Softsynths and Softsamplers up the butt and I love it even though I still use a real sequencer as a basis (Digital Performer) - I've used ACID on occasion for the fun of it - but it's not new technology.... and yes, this advent of technology has opened the doors for EVERYONE and removed the pretentiousness of labels and their studios, but unfortunately, it shows in the end product too... but that's another story...

Funny Cubase sidenote: Yea, bought it years ago for my Atari-ST. Tossed it. Sluggish horrid piece of software. I was a Beta-Tester for Dr. T's KCS at the time and helped shape their OMEGA release which I think was one of the best sequencers out there so I stuck with that.

Again, I'm all for this technology - I use some of it too - thank god - no one makes PPG 2.3's anymore, etc. - I do however feel the sting of piracy personally as I've seen my Metropolis royalties drop 2000% in about 3 years because of it. I'm not into touring like a maniac and obtaining fans through rabid ferocity like some bands are which is OK but that means I rely on those who like my music to actually have bought it... Many don't or what's worse, buy it from pirate sites (which I had a few forced to remove my works recently).

But that's another animal too that can't really be stopped. In the meantime, I've just put my stuff up for sale myself via downloadable high-rate MP3's via my cyberden.com site. Naturally someone will download it and then post it all over usenet/bittorrent/etc... sigh...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hmmm.............that's you....................(I was having scrolling problems with your items for sale page)

yea - that's...............me................

it's an iframe sideways scroll - worked in IE and Firefox but until I get some time to properly flash it, that's it

and oh yea, I'm the first to admit a lot of the earlier stuff is complete cheese. I may be a cynic but I have a sense of humor.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

The way I dealt with it was to get a tenor saxophone, drums, guitars, you know actual instruments, and enjoy playing and reading music, rather than trying to rehash the same stompy bullshit that's lost all sense of interestingness.

DJ Bat excluded from this rant, by the way - XORCIST is fucking awesome and I've always greatly enjoyed his work, which was innovative and interesting.

Future of music for me would be actually hearing the music you just imagined trough the speakers.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

the earlier stuff is good............I lost my angels and insects cd a while back and I've been looking for a replacement

+ Reply to Thread