+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Books!

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default Books!

no its not a dirty word, theyre readable!
    whats the best book you ever EVER read and wanted everyone else to read too? like so much you wanted to go out and pay 40 bucks a book for everyone you know hehe...
    this one im reading right now is called "Shantaram" by gregory david roberts. OMFG i want the entire world to read it, and im only on part 2. CRAZY!
    i highly reccomend everyone go out and read it. buy it! its worth it... or if you dont have an extra 40 bucks... get it from the library hehe... or just buy it anyways. im going to

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Books!

i was realy into The Godfather by Mario Puzo back in high school, i read the book before i even saw the movie i still re read it sometimes, its that good. Also Dantes Divine Comedy rocks, as in the whole series not just The Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso have their moments as well yet most people i know have only checked out The Inferno bit

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

not too sure about that one,,,i went through a time were i read a ton of Quantum Physics and Philosophy....

as well as many books about shaman's from all over the world..

i could go on,but just one.....i don't think so....give me aday or so

i know how you feel man theres about a thousand books i want everyone to read... mostly stephen king... mainly because hes my favorite but yeah... haha...
    OH MY GOD and the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy series!! the whole set... actualy.. everything by douglas adams. read! READ!!
    heh... sorry... i get too excited sometimes.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i rarely(like i can't remember) read Fiction...

i really liked Moby dick after reading it while older,haha...

but fiction just isn't my thing,for the most part...but then again,i never look through any fiction books so ,haha,yea...

shantaram is non fiction... if thats more your style...

booky

theres the description of the book there... that alone gets me all excited all over again heh... i think i might go to chapters tomorrow and buy it.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

I dont care what kind of books anyone reads..just so long as they are reading.

Just tired of dealing with the ignorant lately..sorry

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

For interesting, educational read, "The Lucifer Principle" by Howard Bloom. I read this book at least once a year since I got it and I think everyone should read it at least once. It's amazingly informative.

For a fun, hillarious read, "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet. I was never a big fantasy fan but my friend at work told me I'd love the book so I picked it up. It's the funniest book I've ever read bar-none.

And for a dark, thriller type read, "The Contortionists Handbook" by Craig Clevenger. You really learn a lot about peoples subconcious responses and body language, etc.

eww book club

this book was in oprahs book club apparently. people loved it. who knows... hehee somebody read it and let me know hahaa
    maybe ill get it from the library...

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I think the best most beautiful book I've ever read was 'The Prophet' by Khalil Gibran. I've read it many many times and still come out every time with a different perspective and new appreciation for his work.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

The Giver
    Illustrated Man
    Wayfairer Redemption
    The Sword Of Truth Series
    Feast Of Crows Series...

Many Many more, I just don't have to the time to post them all

Kevin's Avatar to thine own self be true
    In the O.C. (but not the hoity-toity parts)

Martha Wells. *mad face* Anything by her.

My first book that I read from her made me fall in love, and now I'm an addict, licking up her crumbs on the floor after she eats.

That book is: The Death of a Necromancer

Buy it, read it, love it.

drak05's Avatar Junior Member

I agree with Rockwulf. "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet is an awesome book. V.C. Andrews is probably one of my favorite authors though.

In the last year, Ive been reading the "Chronicles of Gor" series by John Norman. Im at book 15 of 27 at this point

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

I'm plugging pretty much anything written by Sean Stewart. The guy is singlehandedly responsable for placing the words "magic-realism" in my head as a viable genre. And he just writes damn good books. "Perfect Circle" and "The Night Watch" reccomended to anyone who, well, likes words that sound good.

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

well I did pick up most of Ann Rices stuff.......then she went all religon and crap.....if you can get past her pages upon pages of describing one paticular thing your good to go. King's the Stand ranks up there with one of my favoriate books....movie sucks compared. I think I first picked up the book at age 12 and I've since read it 5 times.

Rocktacula's Avatar Sundown, better take care

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    For a fun, hillarious read, "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet. I was never a big fantasy fan but my friend at work told me I'd love the book so I picked it up. It's the funniest book I've ever read bar-none.
    I was starting to think my friend Matt and I were the only 2 people on the planet that thought this book is absolutely hysterical.

In addition...Anything in the horror fiction line by Skipp and Spector, or David J. Schow (especially Black Leather Required)..good reads.

fabulous ive got alot of reading to do hehe...
    keep posting your favorite books tho guys, ill just add them to my list!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Atlas shrugged by Ayn Rand is still one of my favourites

BTW has anyone checked out the new swill by Robert jordan?

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

The Earth's Children Series by Jean M Auel

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

just finished "designated targets" by john birmingham (part 2 of the axis of time trilogy)

In Birmingham's worthy sequel to Weapons of Choice (2004), the world of the 1940s continues to struggle with the ramifications of the Transition: the intrusion into the middle of WWII by a 21st-century naval task force fighting the global war on terror. While the lion's share of the technological windfall falls into the laps of the U.S. and Great Britain, the Axis acquires enough to increase its deadliness exponentially. Furthermore, Hitler and Stalin make an uneasy peace as they unite to prevent both of their respective systems from being consigned to the ash heap of history, freeing German forces for a renewed invasion of England. The time-displaced warriors from 2021 find that their most implacable foe is not Nazi commando Otto Skorzeny but J. Edgar Hoover, furious at being "outed." The author doesn't make the mistake of pitting his protagonists against morons, and he rightly shows how improvements in command and control trump bigger and better guns. Entertaining cameos by Elvis, Marilyn Monroe and John F. Kennedy will delight the geek in all of us

Really cool book. makes you realize how different it was just 60 years ago. the authors an aussie too, so the story isnt centred around the USA

click here

hmmmm now this sounds like a book jamie would like!
    he plays world war two online alot, he loves it hehe... addicted even. maybe ill get it for him for christmas and read it myself

Atlas shrugged by Ayn Rand is still one of my favourites
    ayn rand sounded really familiar until i looked it up on my local library website.. not the same author im thinking about but sounds like its worth checking out anyways!

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

"The book of the mad" by Tanith Lee.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by sunkarma
    "The book of the mad" by Tanith Lee.
    Cool, another Tanith Lee fan.

+ Reply to Thread