from yahoo

George Lucas: The Man Who Ruined my Life Fri Jun 10,10:02 AM ET

HOLLYWOOD (Reuters) - "Star Wars" creator George Lucas received a top Hollywood honor on Thursday at a dinner where he was embraced by Chewbacca the Wookiee and jokingly denounced by Princess Leia as the man "who ruined my life."

Lucas received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the nonprofit American Film Institute at a black-tie dinner attended by a who's who of Hollywood, including Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, actors from the original "Star Wars" films. Actors Tom Hanks and Richard Dreyfuss, director Steven Spielberg and the immense fur-covered "Star Wars" warrior Chewbacca the Wookiee were also on hand.

Not all were complimentary, however, as Lucas was subjected to a good deal of good-natured ribbing.

Ford, who played Han Solo in the popular film series, complained he was never Lucas' first choice for the role, saying, "when he was casting I couldn't even get a meeting." He complained that the same thing happened when Lucas was casting for the Indiana Jones role in "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

Fisher, who played Princess Leia, told the audience, "Hi. I am Mrs. Han Solo and I am an alcoholic because George Lucas ruined by life. ... George Lucas is a sadist, but like any other young girl in a metal suit chained to a metal (creature), I keep coming back for more."

She complained that the success of the series provided the stars with a lot of fan mail and "a small merry band of stalkers," and in a reference to Lucas's wizardry in creating lifelike digital characters she said, "I hope I slept with you to get that job, because if not, who the hell was that guy."

In accepting the award, Lucas joked that he started out not being able to write a word, but became "the king of wooden dialogue."