Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you Going To Hell?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Are you Going To Hell?

Default Re: Are you Going To Hell?

crap i hit enter to soon.

anyways assuming heaven and hell are real( cant prove or deny the existance of either one) do you think your actions as a human being will get you into paradise or eternal damnation? i dont think your beleifs should be of any importance from what ive come to understand of this subject anyone from any religion or beleif can get into heaven assuming theyve been a decent person. in the end its your actions not your religion that guarantees you a ticket in. so have you been a decent person or an over all asshole of a human being that deserves to burn for eternity

Well I try my best to be a good person. I never lie or steal or be dishonest. I love my mom, take care of strangers and do my best for mankind. That said I have a problem with some religions esp. christian. If whatever they ramble about is true then I expect to see many of my kind hearted friends in hell. It will be more fun there anyway..

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

i can't imagine a deity capable of creating the universe, who at the same time would be petty enough to put someone in hell for not eating fish on a friday.

as Robert Anton Wilson put it:

"To be absolutely honest, although I don't believe in anything too fervently, I do tend to believe in some kind of mind behind the cosmos. I don't like calling it God, because God to most people means a grouchy old man sitting on a cloud, counting all the kids who are masturbating so he can put them in hell later on."

i meant this to be more of a theorteical thing, just assuming it was real real. Ive done some prety horrid things in my life and sometimes like it makes me think about things like this.also like i said this is not about beleifs but more about your actions. This is a religious conversation without all the religion.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

im a good person but i think that i would go to hell if there were one. but I think everyone thinks they are a good person...does anyone here think they are a bad person honestly?

a truly good person, I doube Id ever meet one till I go the the pearly gates, meet Jesus and know what a truly sinless person is. Man is a sinful beast in Gods eyes, but only through Christ are we able to get to heaven. at least thats what I took from bible studies a while back. and I do believe that most "good" people I have met are only superficial. what they do behind closed doors is for them and God to sort out at the time of judgement.
    case in point, catholic religion has confession, but how often do they go and confess the same thing over and over again?

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i meant this to be more of a theorteical thing, just assuming it was real real.

Theoretically...I'm going straight to hell on the express bus.

the catholic church released information today the there are only three things in the bible that they "know are true" virgin conception, 10 commandments , and the rise of christ
    I heard this on the radio on the way home tonight
    they also stated that they now understand that it is mathmatically impossible for Noahs arc to be true

Sawyer_Alexie's Avatar You Spoony Bard!!
    Alaska, only this time land of short people who wear fur and smile a lot.

Aah, catholosism....the wacky myoptic next door neighbor of the religious world...
    I belive in a heaven and a hell, but there aint any way I could belive in the Catholic veiw of Christ:
    "You there, young lad! Eat this cookie and Jesus will live in you! There is only one God! Now go pray to this rock statue of Some Religious Chick Who May Not Have Lived and say seventy Hail Marys...then snap it to the wide reciever and sack the QB!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer_Alexie
    Aah, catholosism....the wacky myoptic next door neighbor of the religious world...
    I belive in a heaven and a hell, but there aint any way I could belive in the Catholic veiw of Christ:
    "You there, young lad! Eat this cookie and Jesus will live in you! There is only one God! Now go pray to this rock statue of Some Religious Chick Who May Not Have Lived and say seventy Hail Marys...then snap it to the wide reciever and sack the QB!"
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Theoretically...I'm going straight to hell on the express bus.
    what would make you say that. have you killed someone or done something unmentionable?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    im a good person but i think that i would go to hell if there were one. but I think everyone thinks they are a good person...does anyone here think they are a bad person honestly?
    well as far as i can tell im a good person however ive done things in the past im not to proud of mainly a crim i commited when i was younger. Burglary and i was never caught even tho i know for a fact ther was a search .

well as far as i can tell im a good person however ive done things in the past im not to proud of mainly a crim i commited when i was younger. Burglary and i was never caught even tho i know for a fact ther was a search .
    well I think we all have our dirty little secrets and things we arent proud of...I know I do too..but i think if you learn from your mistakes and dont make them habits then you are really a good person...you dont go around knockin over liquor stores every weekend do ya?

reubs's Avatar Senior Member

well....i know this was meant to be a religion free discussion but....

the way i figure it, im a (pretty much) good person, so the only thing that would really keep me out of "heaven" would be a lack of faith in any religion...
    thats about it tho....

Quote Originally Posted by reubs
    well....i know this was meant to be a religion free discussion but....

the way i figure it, im a (pretty much) good person, so the only thing that would really keep me out of "heaven" would be a lack of faith in any religion...
    thats about it tho....
    no not believing in catholisim and christianity would keep you out of heaven...other religions are like "eh whatever you can still be reincarnated" I love laid back religions..if I was to follow one..it definatley be one of those low-stress ones...and one where you can light neat candles and make up words and shit.

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

I never spent much time worring about trying to get into heaven or staying out of hell, I just figure that when I die I'm either gonna be decomposing in a box in the ground or I'll end up playing Calvinball in a vast field somewhere. Either way I don't think I'd be that suprised...and spending time pondering what will happen in death only makes me miss the fleeting moments of life.

"This is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

if you're asking if by my actions if I deserve to go to heaven the answer is no. no I do not deserve to go to heaven.

reubs's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    no not believing in catholisim and christianity would keep you out of heaven...other religions are like "eh whatever you can still be reincarnated" I love laid back religions..if I was to follow one..it definatley be one of those low-stress ones...and one where you can light neat candles and make up words and shit.
    im pretty keen on the reincarnation deal....i mean...to me it fits with the rest of the whole circle of life thingy....

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I get the feeling that I would get into paradise. Not that I've been particularly "sin free" but I haven't done anything without making good on my kahrmic tallies. I feel that having paid all my debts and having not gone out of my way to be a terrible person (ie i've never pulled the wings offa butterfly just to see it suffer, though I have kicked ass hats in the balls) I believe that I've managed to qualify.

Eve nif I already have paradise with my Director sweetie and my fuzzie lil kitties and all the good music and good coffee one could possibly drink in durring a singel life time. I have no regrets for things I have done because without doing them I would not have made it to this point in life. i will apologise for some things I have done but in allreality, what's done is done right?

K

exile

i'd say that nobody really deserves to go to heaven or hell.

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

hmmmmmmmm. here's a quote for ya " Better to reign in Hell than serve in heaven". But back to the question.... I'd have to lean towards the heaven side. For the simple fact that I've yet to kill anybody....I don't steal....haven't cheated to my knowledge....and I try to be a nice person cause I work in customer service But if we were to go towards the religon side Hell all the way for the simple fact I don't have a religon.... That's what would keep me out

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I think I would go to heaven for helping people, and I would go to hell for my slutty, manstealing ways and all these nude photos!!!

well to those in the re incarnation side of things as far as my knowledge on the thing go your actions still affect your re incarnation. It could mean the diference between being re incarnated as a worm or the bird that eats said worm.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Going? Going? I've got a management position with a company car waiting for me already.

been there, Satan gave me a 'get out of hell free' card... so long as i do his will on Earth...

...you would not believe the amount of dry cleaning that guy has me pick up each week... i mean, how many variations on the black, and red zoot soot can one dude have?

...i've actually had some pretty interesting conversations with some tibetean buddhist monks on 'karma' and reincarnation, hells, etc.

they said that your actions deffinitly affect your reality... it's kind of like 'quantum realities'... if you're a mean SOB the probabilities that are open to you begin to reflect this... or verse vice-a...

they said that your 'karma' is applied to your NEXT life though... so everything you're going through now is a reflection of the good karma you earned in multiple previous incarnations... the mere fact that you're a human being, and don't dissolve in a burst of scorpions, pus, vomit, acid, centipides, toads, roaches, and Fox newschannel sound bites, is proof that you have many multiple life times of good deeds backing up this life... huh...

they said hells exist, but it's kind of a consentual thing... you agree to be there, mostly through your actions...

personally i'm not a buddhist, but i found their perspective on this to be facsinating...

be seeing you

Spuggy Doom's Avatar Junior Member

No...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly

they said that your actions deffinitly affect your reality... it's kind of like 'quantum realities'... if you're a mean SOB the probabilities that are open to you begin to reflect this... or verse vice-a...

they said that your 'karma' is applied to your NEXT life though... so everything you're going through now is a reflection of the good karma you earned in multiple previous incarnations... the mere fact that you're a human being, and don't dissolve in a burst of scorpions, pus, vomit, acid, centipides, toads, roaches, and Fox newschannel sound bites, is proof that you have many multiple life times of good deeds backing up this life... huh...

they said hells exist, but it's kind of a consentual thing... you agree to be there, mostly through your actions...
    that actualy does sound facinating and it was more along the lines of what im tryng to say

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

If there was such a place, it would require all the same stupid rules everyone is mentioning.

I always bring up this old Star Trek movie, where they went to the center of the universe, to find god, and they found him. He was there. He had a beard, throne, etc... He was real, and just like in the bible, he was fire and brimstone, etc... The idea was that god was an alien. And pretty much an asshole. But was imprisoned by other aliens several centuries ago. But when he was out, he was ruling over the earth, sending angels, creating miracles, and for all we know, sending people to hell... So given that kind of scenario, I never put aside anyone's belief in something totally outragious. Even though the idea of a man with a beard running the show, is total bullshit to me, it *could* be true. So if there was a christian god, and devil, then there could be heaven and hell, exactly as described.

But I am pretty much 99.99999% convinced we are animals, born of blood and flesh, and who roam about this world until the day we die, and then we become worm food. Why we think we have souls, or eternal life, is beyond me. Human ego I guess. I'm sure that dead possum by the side of the road would like to think his eternal soul is going somewhere when he got hit by a car. But in reality, as soon as his body was squished, he stopped seeing, stopped thinking, and stopped existing, because his brain and eyes no longer worked... And it's the same for us. Sure, we see things, we think... But does that mean we are eternal? Having a brain does not make you have a soul. Just because you'd like to think you do, does not mean it is true... When you are dead, you will rot. So enjoy the preciously short time you have to be alive. It will be over before you know it. And since it's your only life, you'd better enjoy it. You won't get another chance... You'll be dead. And as much as you might like to think you will be reincarnated, or go to heaven, there's a pretty good chance that there will be nothing after your life is over...

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

I don't know. I try to be a good person, but I'm really very lazy. I do try to keep the more bastardly impulses in check, but I tend to shrink from doing real good unless I know it won't take much effort/resources.

Though if the strict fundies are right I'm definitely going to hell, and I don't give a fuck. I've always been of the opinion that any god who sentences an individual to eternal, unending pain and torment without hope of freedom for something that's both easily changeable and ultimately relative is a god I don't want to be associated with. I don't see why death has to be this giant moral cut-off line; if you believe in the afterlife, what's to stop you from going through the same changes and revelations you went through in life?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I already spend 14 hours a day in hell, and hate every minute of it,
    of course my time off is spent building heaven,

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

what would make you say that. have you killed someone or done something unmentionable?
    Close enough

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

No...because we are living in it. When we die, we wake up to paradise.
    Life is a living hell...we toil, we slave, we work, we express emotions and cry and feel pain, we suffer. We have various moments of epiphany which could be called happiness...but that is nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain- a trick to make us think we are existing. I think we are all dead and dreaming in this hell of a place called earth. When we all wake up, we will see. That is the evil genius of it. (anyone studying philosophy remember the evil genius theory? That is my point)

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I think i'll do it like Cyrano de Bergerac- be a dedicated athiest all my life and then announce devotion to all religions on my death bed, just in case.

heh. not exactly along those lines, but that's a swell idea.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by sunkarma
    No...because we are living in it. When we die, we wake up to paradise.
    Life is a living hell...we toil, we slave, we work, we express emotions and cry and feel pain, we suffer. We have various moments of epiphany which could be called happiness...but that is nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain- a trick to make us think we are existing. I think we are all dead and dreaming in this hell of a place called earth. When we all wake up, we will see. That is the evil genius of it. (anyone studying philosophy remember the evil genius theory? That is my point)
    Well then why not kill yourself now? Not trying to be a smartass mind you but I'm serious...if when we die we wake up in a paradise...then why live?

If our waking world is Hell...then I gotta say, it's not so bad.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

. o 0 It's hard to believe we need a place called Hell ... (to return to my cheesy shit Jen likes thread) haha

OEC

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I don't know how to answer this, so I will do my best.
    If going to heaven or hell is dictated by my actions then I am not going to hell, yet.
    If going to heaven or hell is dicatated by my thoughts then I am already there... WHOO... Naked Midget Mimes for everyone

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Well then why not kill yourself now? Not trying to be a smartass mind you but I'm serious...if when we die we wake up in a paradise...then why live?

If our waking world is Hell...then I gotta say, it's not so bad.
    Because this is a test...I believe in reincarnation. So really, I am living all the hell I caused someone in a former life. I have to go through this shit in order to go to a better level of heaven..earn my wings so to speak.

I had rather not kill myself because then I'd be BACK here..but in a much worse state.

No, its not so bad...but when you consider...all the pain, all the suffering, all the sadness...that everyone goes through. The death and destruction that humans cause, the pollution, all that shit.
    We are destroying ourselves in our own self made universe...this is hell. Some just have it better than others.

Next life...fuck it, I'm going to be Paris Hilton.

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

I would like to think I'm going to Heaven because I mean well. But having said that, isn't there supposed to be something that says if you commit one or more of the seven deadly sins then you're going to Hell? Well if that's the case, I am going to Hell. Lust... yep. Vanity... yep. Gluttony... yep. Sloth... yep. Anger... hell yeah. Been there, done that.

There's also something that says if you repent then you can go to Heaven but you gotta wait in Purgatory for a while, I guess that's like some waiting room halfway in between Heaven and Hell. I bet there'd be lots of folks there right now if that's the case.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

probably, the next question, do i care? nope

surely the only reason hell "exists" is because people believe in it, and people believe in it because they think they deserve to be punished, we cant just accept that we are doing alright, we take all the worlds troubles, say their our fault and that we deserve to go to hell for it, so by that logic no one wants to go to heaven as mankind craves punishment..

+ Reply to Thread