+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Should guys wear eyeliner?

MrGoff's Avatar Member

Default Re: Should guys wear eyeliner?

I have been playing with the notion of having eyeliner tattooed on myself I put eyeliner on every once and awhile but my girl keeps taking my eyeliner and then she gets upset cause I don't wear it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoff
    I have been playing with the notion of having eyeliner tattooed on myself I put eyeliner on every once and awhile but my girl keeps taking my eyeliner and then she gets upset cause I don't wear it anymore.
    That has it's pros and cons.

Pros being youd never have to put it on again!

Cons being that you'll need to find a good tattoo artist (which im sure you know of one), be wary of fading overtime so youll end up having to put some eyeliner on it anyway to make it darker, and age of course. When aging and getting the wrinklies the black liner would probably look like a black eye after a few years.

Just my opinion though

That sounds like the most painful tattoo. Ever.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    Speaking of eyeliner...Amelia, here's one from back in the day: DragonCon '94:

[IMG]http://a301.ac-images.*******cdn.com/images01/4/l_e8d2076f4337c0cce03f99daec102f64.jpg[/IMG]
    Oh wow! How did I miss this first time around? I want to make a scene in public, just looking at it!

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

As long as a lot of whales died being milked of their fat, or heaps of whatever else goes into cosmetics is used (like endangered tigers balls or tortured bears bladders) then I'm all for it.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Halcyon

mmm... You have gorgeous eyes, the eyeliner makes them more gorgeous Wait.. You're just one gorgeous man.
    Halcyon has obviously just returned from a successful expedition hunting threatened Patagonian sea-cucumbers barely in time for spawning. I can't help wishing that someone will be bothered photoshopping a tsunami or another form of impending doom into the background of this glorious photo and reposting. It's sort of begging for it.

xXMizVanityXx's Avatar Claudia

Wellll. I put eyeliner on my boyfriend and it didnt look right on him. I think it looks very sexy on really hot edgy guys, but on normies it just looks...well..not right. Tehee

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

I would like to re-confirm my belief that men should always put on a little liner. I have some evidence here that truly proves my opinion to be the one and only correct opinion in the universe.

I went out last Saturday night, my date is a real quiet type, not too social as a general rule. Usually when we go out he acts like a moody brat and I talk to everyone and they all ask if something is wrong with him. However, this past Saturday he wore just a smidge of black eyeliner and the ladies went crazy for him. Every time I turned around some new hussy was trying to get in his pants. Not that I minded too much, I just wanted an excuse to call woman "hussies". Anyhow, it just goes to show....

A little eyeliner can go a long (hard) way

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I wear shades when I go out so no point even trying... just to do something different

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    That has it's pros and cons.

Pros being youd never have to put it on again!

Cons being that you'll need to find a good tattoo artist (which im sure you know of one), be wary of fading overtime so youll end up having to put some eyeliner on it anyway to make it darker, and age of course. When aging and getting the wrinklies the black liner would probably look like a black eye after a few years.

Just my opinion though
    I can't not wear eyeliner since I have mine tattooed on.
    Yes I don't have to put on the bare minimum to go outdoors but I do have to add more if I want any sort of dramatic effect. It is a moderately painful process and expensive (if you don't know a cosmetologist who specializes in it) and it does fade, but any reputable permanent makeup artist will either A) include touchups free or B) give you a discount. It fades 30% after the first application and requires a touchup and then slowly fades out over the course of about 6 years (so you don't look like you have black eyes when your old). I've had mine done for a year now and it's just starting to fade. There are a couple of different ways to have it done but the most successful is called Eyelash enhancement, where a thin dark line is drawn right at the waterline underneath the eyelashes. If your thinking about having this done make sure you go to someone who specializes in Permanent makeup, not tattooing. It requires a special needle setup to make sure that the ink is not impregnated in the more fluid dermal substrata of the eyelid mucus membrain. If the ink goes too deep you can wind up with serious ink-bleeding which makes you look like you've been crying in your mascara on forever.
    If any of you want to get it done and live or will be in the San Diego area let me know as I have a woman who I heartily recommend.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Awesome
    Yes I don't have to put on the bare minimum to go outdoors but I do have to add more if I want any sort of dramatic effect. It is a moderately painful process and expensive (if you don't know a cosmetologist who specializes in it) and it does fade, but any reputable permanent makeup artist will either A) include touchups free or B) give you a discount. It fades 30% after the first application and requires a touchup and then slowly fades out over the course of about 6 years (so you don't look like you have black eyes when your old). I've had mine done for a year now and it's just starting to fade. There are a couple of different ways to have it done but the most successful is called Eyelash enhancement, where a thin dark line is drawn right at the waterline underneath the eyelashes. If your thinking about having this done make sure you go to someone who specializes in Permanent makeup, not tattooing. It requires a special needle setup to make sure that the ink is not impregnated in the more fluid dermal substrata of the eyelid mucus membrain. If the ink goes too deep you can wind up with serious ink-bleeding which makes you look like you've been crying in your mascara on forever.
    If any of you want to get it done and live or will be in the San Diego area let me know as I have a woman who I heartily recommend.

Wow Joel when are you gonna sprout a set of hot knockers you are such a girl! Which in turn is why you are so hot, half man, half lady, dominant yet sensitive, good with the hair and make-up. And here, I didn't even realize you had tattooed eyeliner!

~Casper's Avatar Junior Member

i wear eyeliner and im a guy... i like wearing it because it brings out my blue eyes better... and i just like wearing it... i would care if every guy had eyeliner on... because i am so used to putting on eyeliner,,, wearing contracts is no big thing... people that use eyeliner are just used to poking our selves in the eye once or twice that putting contracts in is no biggy... and thats always a good thing... because i hate wearing glasses... i think that black, blues, dark purples are best for guys because what ever your eye color those three colors would go good with it... and its easyer to go goth with those colors then with browns, reds and pinks...lol...well thats what i think about should guys weaing eyeliner... yes they should ~Casper

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Awesome
    That is really interesting, except I am also somewhat disturbed that I did not realize you had tattooed eyeliner either.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    That is really interesting, except I am also somewhat disturbed that I did not realize you had tattooed eyeliner either.
    They eyelash extension effect is supposed to be subtle. I'll show you up close next time I see you.

lhiannan1981's Avatar Junior Member

I think the extra definition around the eyes is very sexy. I taught my husband how to do his own eye makeup because I love it, and he loves me enough to do it Even better, he likes to do it on his own now

Natalie Addams's Avatar Junior Member

I think guys in eyeliner are super hot, if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Addams
    I think guys in eyeliner are super hot, if done right.
    Hey beautiful. Been awhile. Hows things?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

guys SHOULD do whatever they want,what i think shouldn't matter. But I personally don't really care for it...but im not super big into physically femine men ..I also hate it when guys shave their legs

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by RAGE
    It greatly depends.

Most men shouldnt.
    Androgynous men, particularly young androgynous asian men. HELL YES.

Good:

Bad:

good:

Yes, the first and the last are men.

I beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGE
    It greatly depends.

Most men shouldnt.
    Androgynous men, particularly young androgynous asian men. HELL YES.

Good:

Bad:

good:

Yes, the first and the last are men.

I think these are all fine. The middle one was just shot by a less than good at this sort of pic photog. I could take a totally hot pic of that guy.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

I always found it extremely sexy to see a guy wearing eyeliner, but it has become such a standard nowadays that every guy between 15-23 wears it. Kinda takes away the "mystique" that was once behind it.

+ Reply to Thread