+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ever get bored? I do. Here is the result.

Skerianne's Avatar Junior Member

Default Ever get bored? I do. Here is the result.

We all get bored right? some of us use that time to find something useful to do. For example: clean the house, catch up on reading, wash the car, bake cookies, you get the idea. But not me. Instead of comic work or homework i think about weird things.
    I came up with the idea that I should try out to be on a season of "the real world" just for to see what happens. It would be weird if I make it on. Goths are never on that show, usually because Goths dont watch that show and to many people believe the Goth stereotype. But if I do make it on to the show.
    I'm going to do so many stupid things. Like... duct tape cheeseburgers to the wall, build a fort using the roommates blankets, pillows and sheets, once the fort is up I'll hide in it and yell out "they are watching me!". Another thing would to buy a bucket of paint and paint everything inside the refrigerator blue. Another thing fun to do would to call a friend and talk about bondage sex and pet humans. Then wait for at least 3 roommates to be in the hot tub then start adding chopped veggies to the tub then say "hold on, im making stew!". If someone asks why i did these things i will reply "i was bored".
    Before i do try to be on the show, it lasts about three or so months. i have to finish school, be of legal drinking age, have money/or get a job out there so i can support myself.

I'm not expecting to be on the show but it would just be interesting to see what happens.
    come on
    Skeri to be on REAL WORLD!

who else thinks this wont work?
    -Skerianne.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default Re: Ever get bored? I do. Here is the result.

i quit watching it when puck got kicked off then brought back on then kicked off again.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I've never heard of the show

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

that sounds great. I'd watch it.

Sounds like you'll be reinforcing a stereotype. Grats.

No offense, but you sound like one of those kids who where those 'sarcastic' black shirts with the white sentences and wander around looking for attention because you are 'misunderstood'.

* Letting loose and being creative is one thing, but it sounds like you'd just try to be as unconventional as you can in a 'look at me! i'm crazy!' way. Maybe I'm wrong.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I hate that fucking show. I don't care about what a group of 20-somethings do while living together for X ammont of months. that holds no interest to me at all.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

And yet so many people like it. Poor bastards.

i wont make it on the show any way.

I too haven't watched it since Puck was on it.

yeah that was like forever ago.

I like the pranks. Ideas are good but only if you present you self as emo. Make everybody know you're EMO. Everybody wins. Emo scene, goth scene and network.

And if you somehow get to be on the show then you should go for the big finale. You know... emo style.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Those pranks would get you kicked off the show toot sweet. Seems that nobody in those houses ever have a sense of humor.

you know what was a good idea for a show that went terribly wrong? cut-throat island. where they had all these land lovers tossed on an old frigget and had em dress up in linens and rags and go looking aronud for treasure and shit and see what it was actually like as a pirate in a kinda-not get your leg cut off from scurvy or be forced to keelhall the barnacles off etc but it was pretty funny seeing em all come on the first day acting all piratey and the first guy that got kicked off was this total deuche who was acting like captain jack and shit. it was funny.

i remember cut-throat island. it was alright.

the down side of "real world" is that it become predictable after the first 10 minutes. if my unmediated self was on. i would just embarrass everyone who has ever came in contact with me.
    this was a joke that came out of being bored. at the time i came up with it, it sounded like a good idea. looking back on it. no.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Skerianne
    i remember cut-throat island. it was alright.

the down side of "real world" is that it become predictable after the first 10 minutes. if my unmediated self was on. i would just embarrass everyone who has ever came in contact with me.
    this was a joke that came out of being bored. at the time i came up with it, it sounded like a good idea. looking back on it. no.
    I don't think it's a bad idea. I just think it's an idea that would never work in the PERFECT MTV world. Real World is pretty easy to figure out. Get a bunch pf people (most of the pretty), give them lots of alcohol, and let them spew about the world. Most of the time all the people on the show just come off as "petty" which, truth be known, it's EXACTLY the type of person MTV was looking for in the beginning. MTV pretty much isn't looking for a creative soul to be on the show, unless the creative soul just so happens to be stuck on themselves....Which in the end, once again, is seen as petty.

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

i cant lie i caught myself watching it when nothing else was on (ah the life of a bored army wife) but yeah it's really predictable & a bore too

MTV started to suck when they started airing crap "reality" shows.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i used to think about shit like that... about 10-15 years ago.
    hell, i thought it'd be fun to rock the American Idol world and piss them off.
    yey for being bored.

A few years back they were airing a reality show where couples got split up, each taken to a beach resort with a bunch of single hotties of the opposite sex setting out to seduce them. They'd show participants hidden camera footage of their partners partying and goin on dates with the singles, and at the end make them publicly talk out any drama. I don't remember what it was called or why I was watching it, but that's beside the point.

I always thought it'd be hilarious to get on that show as a non-monogamous couple and make a game out of seeing who scored more singles at the end of the week. If only those people were actually attractive...

toxicat's Avatar catty member

I'm not implying anyone here is boring but I do subscribe to the old, "only boring people get bored."

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    A few years back they were airing a reality show where couples got split up, each taken to a beach resort with a bunch of single hotties of the opposite sex setting out to seduce them. They'd show participants hidden camera footage of their partners partying and goin on dates with the singles, and at the end make them publicly talk out any drama. I don't remember what it was called or why I was watching it, but that's beside the point.

I always thought it'd be hilarious to get on that show as a non-monogamous couple and make a game out of seeing who scored more singles at the end of the week. If only those people were actually attractive...
    I think that show was called Temptation Island. Your version of the game sounds like a lot more fun.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

They should do that show, only call it STD island. One of these coked up sluts has an STD and the last person to make it through clean wins...their dignity.

From the producers of Are You Smarter Than A Crackhead?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    They should do that show, only call it STD island. One of these coked up sluts has an STD and the last person to make it through clean wins...their dignity.
    Quick, call MTV!

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

Don't know what it is, but I support the notion anyway, if only for the stew. (save me some)

and the porridge was just

boredom means beer

+ Reply to Thread