+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Valley of the Wolves Iraq"

Default "Valley of the Wolves Iraq"

I Can't wait to see this Movie! This looks awesome! It's also starring the great one.

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) - In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison - where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.

One recent opinion poll revealed the depth of the hostility in Turkey toward Americans: 53 percent of Turks who responded to the 2005 Pew Global Attitudes survey associated Americans with the word "rude"; 70 percent with "violent"; 68 percent with "greedy"; and 57 percent with "immoral."

Advance tickets are already selling out across Turkey for the film, which has dialogue in Turkish, Arabic, Kurdish and English. In addition to Turkey, the film is set to be shown in more than a dozen other countries - including the United States, Britain, Germany, The Netherlands, Britain, Denmark, Russia, Egypt, Syria and Australia.

The movie's American stars are Billy Zane, who plays a self-professed "peacekeeper sent by God," and Gary Busey as the Jewish-American doctor.

U.S. soldiers have become hate figures in Muslim countries around the world after the unpopular war in Iraq. But here in Turkey, a personal grudge fuels the resentment.

Full Article

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: "Valley of the Wolves Iraq"

"The movie, which reportedly cost some $10 million, is the latest in a new genre of popular culture that demonizes the United States. It comes on the heels of a novel called "Metal Storm" about a war between Turkey and the U.S., which has been a best seller for months."

That's just effing great. I love my country and as an American who lived abroad for many years, I'd kind of prefer it if we didn't totally piss off the world.

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

I wish it were so simple to say that many of the Arab nations hate us without reason...But some of them are actually sound, and propelled by the fanatical and the dogged. I love my nation, but I am disappointed by our fareign policy as well.

If the shoe fits, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I love my country and as an American who lived abroad for many years, I'd kind of prefer it if we didn't totally piss off the world.
    Me too, but that sounds funny. Turkish propaganda with Gary Busey as the villain! That sounds wicked good. Come on, are you telling me that does not intrest you at all?

+ Reply to Thread