+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White Wolf is pissing me off (thread about RPGs)

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default White Wolf is pissing me off (thread about RPGs)

So i finnaly got a hold of the Vampire: the Requiem core book and now im tottaly pissed off. It really seems that white wolf half assed this part of the reason i enjoyed VtM was because it had a lot of backstory and a good political system. VtR has totaly destroyed this by giving no backstory at all in a way this is good but it just makes it seem like a super open ended D&D game which im not a big fan of. However the thing that really pissed me off was that the new book is just a sourcebook with no core rules. in order to get those i have to get the big world of darkness core rule book, and to me that seems like a way for white wolf to cash in even more an the succes of the previous game. so finnaly i said fuck it and im going to go to used book stores to get my hands on as many now out of print VtM books as i can.

Default Re: White Wolf is pissing me off (thread about RPGs)

No shit, I hate this new addition. :| I'd rather play Masqurade and Dark Ages, than have to deal with that crap. I don't even really enjoy reading through the book, as I normally do with most Roleplaying books. I mean, sure, it has pretty sweet pictures and a couple cool stories...

But it's just not the same.

yeah and what really pisses me off is that all the reviews i read said it was better i think it was because they werent written by VtM fans because most of the VtM fans ive talked to hate i also dont like it how White Wolf "stopped" VtM by making an apocalypse although the Gehenna book did have good stuff and i used it (actually in my chronicle the PCs ended up subverting the end of the world it was great) but i think if they wanted new stuff they should have just made a new revised addition.

I completely agree, Gehenna wasn't bad, I guess....but come on! I love Vampire, and I don't see how most fans can be happy about a series stopping like that. They just need to hire a few more new and creative people, I KNOW they have the money for it.

OK so i downloaded the the WoD core rulebook and found it to be essentially useless without one of the other books (vampire, Werewolf, etc.) well actually it does set you up to play a regular human in the setting but where is the fun in that it is bassically a promotional tool to get you to buy one of te other books which in turn are useless without it. I hate modular gaming systems. Thank god i only downloaded the book instead of actually paying for it and if i do play im converting it to GURPS using the GURPS VtM rulebook so i dont have to learn the new crapified version of the WoD system

Hey, that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I might do that for one of my next campaigns. :O

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    Hey, that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I might do that for one of my next campaigns. :O
    Which part?

Switching it over to GURPS.

yeah i like GURPS because it lets most RPG people that have never gotten into VtM before play it without learning the new system however i think it is too rules oriented to run with players who are aleready used to the loose rules of VtM but since im thinking of playing my nw chronicle with a bunch of D&D people i think GURPS would be the best choice

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'd just beat up the geek that's the dungeon master or whatever, vamps and werwolves don't got shit on me.

Im just doing it because it streamlines things D&D is almost tottaly stats and rules based where players must have their stats in front of them at all times to determine weither or not they are going to do something while VtM has a storytelling option where the storyteller takes the charachter sheets away from the players after charachter creation and lets them figure out through the story how well their traits and whatnot improve oh and since most dice roles in VtM are done by the storyteller behind the screen he is given free reign to fudge dice roles in the interest of the story

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

yep, the last ww book i bought was the baali clan book and the annointeds....last big one was the masquerade 7 years ago....im still playing it...

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Dark ages all the way.
    Also, if anyones interested, my friend re-wrote werewolf to eliminate the shittiness aspect. PM me if you want a copy.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Par for the course as i see it. They always screw up when they think they are doing us a favor. We always want more great games, but they need to leave well enough alone.

I never cared for white wolf, although if you forget that its supposed to be Vampires and WereWolves, it's almost interesting. **

It's because everyone who originally made it got fired or left and the new people put on to write the new books didn't do their homework and completely changed the storylines, thus fucking up the whole game. My boyfriend has almost every book made by them up until this new series. He basically just said fuck you.

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

What I would like is a PHB that was, I dunno, printed in paperback, so poor, broke college students could afford them. That and a free fresh made ham sandwich with every purchase.

I bought 80% of my VtM books used for like 10-15 dollars try doing that

Oh i just read on the White Wolf website that they have a card game called Pimp: the Backhanding what the fuck is that

+ Reply to Thread