+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you think of the new clothing trend?

Default What do you think of the new clothing trend?

On the news, they were going on and on about how the new trend was a return to "preppy" style clothing?

What is your opinion on that?

Personally, I found that disgusting.

Default Re: What do you think of the new clothing trend?

I don't really care what other people wear. As long as I can still find the clothes I like, it doesn't really matter what all's out there, at least in my opinion. There are preps who are among the nicest people I know. And there are some goths and punks who are major assholes (no one here, of course - you all rock!). Yeah, the new trend will make it so that I have to go a little farther to find cool clothes, but hey, I'm willing to put the effort in.

I agree. If they dont try to force what to wear on Me, then I dont care what they wear.

i havent bought any new clothes for about 2 years. fashion is something that happens to other people.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I don't mind the conservative swing in style. I knoda like it. Adds mystery and keeps people from looking like they just rolled out of a pile of dirty clothes. I like it when people look respectable. But some where along the line it became illegal to oen a plain black button down ladies blouse. Every other colour under the sun and black with more stripes than I can count but no plain black ones. And it's slowly removing the "wanna be posers" from the goth/ punk thing. OH! while I was at Hot Topic yesterday I noticed a kid behind the counter pulling down a sign he appearantly got in trouble for hanging in the first place. It said "Your 8 year old doesn't need a crotch length vinyl skirt." I was so happy I cried alittle. My quote made it someplace. And you know way back when we used to have to scrounge the thrift shops and th "normal stores" for bits we could alter to make our own. The days before places like Hot Topic and all. So it's not really going to change much, just going to go back to the way it was. All the lil poppy, preppy kids will go back to the Gap and wahtever and we can have our clothes and our style back. and it will be all ours, no more of this "share with the mainstream" crap. I was really starting to wonder when being a "geek" and a"loser" and a "freak" became popular inthe first place and when it was going to go away, I guess now we know.
    K

*on a side note, maybe it's not a good idea to disconnect me from teh computer for toomany days at a time. My posts get too long trying to cram all those thoughts into a single sentence.

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

i could care less what people wear, i wear what i find appealing and theres nothing more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingSelfrighteous
    i could care less what people wear, i wear what i find appealing and theres nothing more to it.
    Same here basically.

Though When a trend takes over, the stores carry what the trend is instead of what you like, and sometimes, stupid laws are made as the result of a trend,etc.

Example: In the pilgrim colonies, It was illegal to walk around without a bonnet if you were Female.

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Same here basically.

Though When a trend takes over, the stores carry what the trend is instead of what you like, and sometimes, stupid laws are made as the result of a trend,etc.

Example: In the pilgrim colonies, It was illegal to walk around without a bonnet if you were Female.
    i hear what your saying, but i doubt any laws will be created due to "preppie" clothes, but id rather see that stuff selling well then bad punky/goth imitation

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

Everyone seems to care less. Well I will care more, more than anyone ahah. I care so much about this issue, I can't sleep at night and I cry during the days. Its been something I've been waiting for and now that it's coming up, I don't know what to do. I might just have a stroke. I think it's fan-freakin-tastic. But that's just me.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    . I was really starting to wonder when being a "geek" and a"loser" and a "freak" became popular inthe first place and when it was going to go away, I guess now we know.
    K
    Well I can't say I look forward to the inevitable backlash this will cause but oh well...

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

i agree with Kieko and Franziska.....

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

kieko at least your typing is pristeen

+ Reply to Thread