+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hair Dye...

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Hair Dye...

Ok, so I wanna dye my hair white... but the only way I know that would possibly work is leaving bleach in my hair - longer than it's supposed to be in it. Does anyone know of a better way????

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Hair Dye...

well manic panic makes a white, but there stuff isn't always the best quality........

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    well manic panic makes a white, but there stuff isn't always the best quality........
    yeah, my friend uses that stuff, it doesn't last long... but would using their white after I bleached my hair work?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

yes,but you'd have to keep a amount in there i think.......'cuz if you just bleach it ,it won't be full-on white.......

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

if you like having hair I wouldn't recomend leaving bleach in for an extended period of time. now if you're going for bald, go for it.

1st: What colour is your hair currently?
    Then I can tell you the proper method for bleaching your hair type.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    Ok, so I wanna dye my hair white... but the only way I know that would possibly work is leaving bleach in my hair - longer than it's supposed to be in it. Does anyone know of a better way????
    Use the lowest volume peroxide, 10 percent and combine it with either the Clairol 7th Stage or Wella, and use the 10 percent volume peroxide, along with a bit of the powder bleach that goes with whichever brand you use. Do a strand test, leave it on for about 20 minutes and then see how white it gets.

Then if you need more time, keep testing the strand. It usually has a yellow tint so make sure you get the Clairol or Wella product that is BLUE. Look at the bottle, open it and make sure it is blue, otherwise it will turn your hair bright orange.

If the strand just does not come out light or white or just look plain bad, just give up!! Don't ruin your hair!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Use the lowest volume peroxide, 10 percent and combine it with either the Clairol 7th Stage or Wella, and use the 10 percent volume peroxide, along with a bit of the powder bleach that goes with whichever brand you use. Do a strand test, leave it on for about 20 minutes and then see how white it gets.

Then if you need more time, keep testing the strand. It usually has a yellow tint so make sure you get the Clairol or Wella product that is BLUE. Look at the bottle, open it and make sure it is blue, otherwise it will turn your hair bright orange.

If the strand just does not come out light or white or just look plain bad, just give up!! Don't ruin your hair!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

thank you all sooo much!

thank you all sooo much!

Post a pic if it comes out well!!

The other is take juice choose a color, boild water and dye yourself...

Yeah!

Post a pic if it comes out well!!
    I will ^.^

I'm also going to put red streaks in aswell... I Probably won't have any hair after this x_x

I will ^.^

I'm also going to put red streaks in aswell... I Probably won't have any hair after this x_x
    Well do the red streaks after you bleach it. Be careful with the bleach though. Almost ALL my hair had to be cut off once because I bleached it too much. Just be aware of how long the bleach is left in.

Well do the red streaks after you bleach it. Be careful with the bleach though. Almost ALL my hair had to be cut off once because I bleached it too much. Just be aware of how long the bleach is left in.
    Would it help if I just got this all done professionally?

oh yes, Misstress, I MUST say I do love your hair in your avatar pic!

Genesis's Avatar Member

What color is your hair now?
    Do you have dye on it now?
    If you have natural light hair now then you're lucky and it wont be too hard to get white, but if you have any other color in it there are some stages that you have to go through first to get to the level that you desire.
    There are so many steps to making your hair white and if you aren't careful then you might end up having to go to a pro to fix it and end up paying twice the amount it would have cost to start with. Or you might have to cut it all off...
    If you go to a pro the first time or two and get used to what the steps are then it'll be a lot easier to do it yourself. Just be safe and good luck!
    Yay for new hair! I love new hair!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Would it help if I just got this all done professionally?
    I would...just so you can get your feet wet with the steps needed and so you get the exact effect you want. With something like this it's always best to let a pro have first crack at it till you get an understanding on how to do it yourself...

But...their are benefits to taking the leap and doing it yourself, just be aware that the consequences can be severe.

My vote still goes toward letting a pro do it...given what you want to do, it's just too easy to fuck it all up the first time through.

oh yes, Misstress, I MUST say I do love your hair in your avatar pic!

Well gee... Thanks!! Yes, I guess it would be better to go to a professional, although it can be a bit expensive, and a pro totally RUINED my hair once. They cut it all off and gave me this perm and I looked like the Bride of Frankenstein, (but in a bad way) Another pro got all the bleach in my eyes... I just have bad luck with hairdressers, they just want to cut all my hair off or just ruin it.

I do my own hair. But, if you are a bit scared, try to find maybe a beauty school student who could do it for you cheap.

Or a cheap salon. The pro places could get into the hundreds of dollars.

Oh, I've been going to this one place my WHOLE life... never been to another salon except once! I've been going to this salon since I was about 4-5 years old. Not that much for hair color - 40$!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I do my own hair. But, if you are a bit scared, try to find maybe a beauty school student who could do it for you cheap.
    I would really advise NOT to do that for something like this. Haircuts...maybe...but hair coloring seems like something I wouldnot want to be one of their firsts for...unless they were like some ultra talented student or some prodigy.

I'd ask which student got an A in chemistry in High School and go with them if you decide to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I would really advise NOT to do that for something like this. Haircuts...maybe...but hair coloring seems like something I wouldnot want to be one of their firsts for...unless they were like some ultra talented student or some prodigy.

I'd ask which student got an A in chemistry in High School and go with them if you decide to do that.
    Hehe I'm not insane.... I don't mean to put down either of your comments, but I'm more comfortable going somewhere, where I know the people, and I trust them with hair!

Bedlamite

I have to go with MistressJennifer on this one. Unless its a super-celbrity salon that does Paris Hiltons (shudder) hair, then its not normally worth going there. I too have had more than one 'professional' utterly destroy my hair bleaching it. And with her suggestion of a low-level delveloper, it shouldn't be a disaster!

If/When you do get it white, if you are still having problems with keeping it pale (like we do here in iron rich North Carolina) then try two things. One is called 'toner' which is a semi-permanant dye that can help you platinum....the second is grey hair shampoo. It MUST be purple, and it will slowly strip any brassieness that sneaks into your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    I have to go with MistressJennifer on this one. Unless its a super-celbrity salon that does Paris Hiltons (shudder) hair, then its not normally worth going there. I too have had more than one 'professional' utterly destroy my hair bleaching it. And with her suggestion of a low-level delveloper, it shouldn't be a disaster!

If/When you do get it white, if you are still having problems with keeping it pale (like we do here in iron rich North Carolina) then try two things. One is called 'toner' which is a semi-permanant dye that can help you platinum....the second is grey hair shampoo. It MUST be purple, and it will slowly strip any brassieness that sneaks into your hair.
    Having white hair sounds like a effin hassle...

Bedlamite

Having white hair sounds like a effin hassle...
    It can be. You have to want it, and be willing to maintain it. But it can also be totally worth it. I liked myself with pale hair MUCH!!

http://home.mchsi.com/~k.garrison/blond.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    It can be. You have to want it, and be willing to maintain it. But it can also be totally worth it. I liked myself with pale hair MUCH!!

http://home.mchsi.com/~k.garrison/blond.jpg
    *drops dead* Wooow... prettty I love your hair and hat and pose!

Gah! So i went to my hair salon place... and the person I trust with my hair is GONE! Gah! Hopefully she'll be back tomorrow. If she is, You'll have pics of my white hair

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

sweet. anxious to see how that turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    sweet. anxious to see how that turns out.
    I'm very anxious to see how this whole thing turns out too

La_ExotiQue's Avatar Nigga plz

you can always wear a wig :/

Bedlamite

*drops dead* Wooow... prettty I love your hair and hat and pose!
    Heehee...its my good angle. Its a vintage hat I picked up in New Hampshire. I love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by La_ExotiQue
    you can always wear a wig :/
    hehe Yeah I could always do that!

Sorry... no pics =\ hair didn't get done... next weekend, IF it isn't too much.

Good luck with the blonde/white adventures. I don't color my hair much any more. I have have several horrible color and extension experiences so I'm REALLY careful with my mop now. I have streaks of synth or human hair colored and braided in so as not to damage my own poor thin hair. I do still occasionally wish I could sport long platinum locks, but I have tried before and ended up with a disaster.

I have a couple of friends who wear their hair white, but they all have fairly short hair and never wear it any other color. They all rave about the purple shampoo too - it's good stuff. Oh, and definitely condition a LOT to avoid extra breakage.

I wanna see pix when you're done!

Purple shampoo?? how much is this stuff and where can I find it... I knew about the conditioner... I'm probably going to get a deep conditioner I can do every night...

Bedlamite

Purple shampoo?? how much is this stuff and where can I find it... I knew about the conditioner... I'm probably going to get a deep conditioner I can do every night...
    Wal-Mart carries some cheapy stuff, however the other better places to find the silver-hair-purple shampoo are: Sally's Beauty Supply, or a salon. ArtTech has a good shampoo.

hehe Yeah I could always do that!

Sorry... no pics =\ hair didn't get done... next weekend, IF it isn't too much.

Go there if it is $40.00 that is a good deal!

Ok. So... this is a 2 week process. One day I get my hair bleached twice in one day. Then two weeks later I get it bleached twice again. Then... I apply Manic Panics White hair dye. That is if my hair isn't white already.

WISH ME LUCK!

Ok. So... this is a 2 week process. One day I get my hair bleached twice in one day. Then two weeks later I get it bleached twice again. Then... I apply Manic Panics White hair dye. That is if my hair isn't white already.

WISH ME LUCK!

So are you having it done at that salon? Is that what they said they would do? Your hair must be REALLY dark... Well if they say that's what you should do, then I guess they are right. Wow, they are going to bleach it FOUR times. YIKES!

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

seems almost any good salon should of been able to bring you up platinum with a few good bleachings then a toner....*shrugs*..i dont think manic panic works well..and it certainly doesnt last very long...

So are you having it done at that salon? Is that what they said they would do? Your hair must be REALLY dark... Well if they say that's what you should do, then I guess they are right. Wow, they are going to bleach it FOUR times. YIKES!
    it is dark. Its dyed black... but its a natural medium brown.

Okies. I orded the Virgin Snow stuff one of you guys recommended, I just got it today. And I'm taking it to the place this weekend. I can't wait!!!!

Woo! White hair!!!! *excited*

But now I can't swim anymore so I don't screw it up. *tear* I can fake a sprained ankle..... That should work for about a week.

Anyways... I'll fail swimming... dun dun dunnn
    Unless I wear a swim cap? Wow I'm all over the place. Anyways, I'm excited!!!!

YAY!

+ Reply to Thread