+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Red meat smells delicious

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Red meat smells delicious

Red meat smells delicious

I have been a vegetarian since the day I turned 13 years old. Currently I am doing a raw cleanse which includes eating only raw foods and natural shiiiit. I spend at least 2 hours a day doing food preparation because my lover and mom are on the diet with me and I am responsible for their food as well.... I love health food and have zero desire to ever eat meat again, although I do indulge in not so healthy foods such as pizza and fried mac and cheese balls no and again.

However, I must say, red meat suuuuure does smell good!!!!

Default Re: Red meat smells delicious

did the raw thing for years, and years, and years...

...have recently reevaluated my knowlege of nutrition, and have come to the conclusion that virtually every 'healthy' diet has it's advantages and pitfalls... (it's very easy to go way calorie restrictive on raw, i once calculated that i was living on between 1000 to 1500 calories a day for like 3 years- occasionally i'd go crazy, and hit maybe 1800---this is not really a great thing btw, too few calories, and the body will hoard fat, anorexics take note---raw diet IS great for cleansing, a few months, to 2 years i'd say would be excellent.)

after being a super hardcore vegan, i've decided that free range grass fed, naturally raised, antibiotic and hormone free meats in reasonable portions ain't necessarily a bad thing nutritional wise... of course all the parasite issues still apply, but they're an excellent sources of proteins, and EFA's and such.

on the flip side i've witnessed first hand vegetarians over eating on starches, and useless carbohydrates too, so that's no good either. (if it's white, withthe exception of cauliflower, eeets craaaape!)

eh.

i kind of consider nutrition to be a psuedoscience in it's infancy anyway, they're constantly learning new stuff all the time.

good luck with the cleanse there scar, tell your boy, and his mum right on!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

macaroni and butter for me........only foodstuff I've been able to count on all these years

"if it's not heavily processed it's bad for the economy"

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

i love the animals! i really love it cooked to a point where i can just tear into that red juicy muscle tissue with my sharp pointy teeth and suckle the seasoned blood out....puts a smile on my face. no garlic though-lol

A nice fresh raw piece of meat can actually make my mouth start to water from the smell. I've never actually eaten meat totally raw but I love my meat medium rare especially prime rib, yummy

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

I once went for three months eating ONLY red meat.
    Wasn't very healthy for me but I really didn't care I just don't like green food.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

it also tastes delicious.
    great, now I'm hungry.

If a foodstuff smells that good to you, your body probably needs something that it contains.

Anybody into sushi? I would love to try it but I just can't get over the idea that its raw fish just makes me think of eating fish bait, lol stupid but thats what it does

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by amberone
    Anybody into sushi? I would love to try it but I just can't get over the idea that its raw fish just makes me think of eating fish bait, lol stupid but thats what it does
    I'm a huge fan. I love sushi. I'd eat it every day all day if I could afford it.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Hahahah I <3 you Buster Friendly.

I totally agree that the raw thing is good short term but I would not do it full time either. I would like to stop eating processed foods altogether though, as that makes total sense. Not that I am a sparkling example of good health, but I try as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by amberone
    sushi is not ra-thats shishime and actually rawfish is perfectly fine to eat,dpending on thefish. i love sushi! pass the pickled ginger,please. origato!

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i love sushi, but the only place nearby that sells it is really dodgy

theres a few good sushi bars out here, i buy mine prmade at prouts though-they keep it nce and cold. it's usualy themainstream shit-california rolls,prawn,tsurimi-red salmon........what's weird ough is they serve sushi i chinese bufets out here. oh the irony and it's usally too warm to eat. i usually just skip it though and go for the dimsum at those places. if i want japanese, ill eat at a japanese bufet not a chinese bufet.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

omg meat... yummy. my grampa just gave us a freezer full of moose and elk meat. i cannot WAIT to eat some!! maybe for dinner once i get everything i own out of my kitchen... (its the only room in this house big enough to store everything hahaa...)

+ Reply to Thread