+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr. BB

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Dr. BB

So I've always had anxiety issues and really bad panic attacks...I feel like im dreaming and my heart races and yeah..

But so yesterday..okay it's kinda long...

I wen't to work at 4pm stopped and got gas..and completely lost 5 hours of my life
    I started to stress about a bill and stopped and got gas, and the next thing I know it's 9:30 and im pulling into my driveway, in my uniform (which I wasn't when I left) and my family is outside my house waiting for me.I had "CALL HOME CALL BRYAN" and a phone number written on my hand. I was completely hysterical and couldn't remember anything from that day or the day before...I took two valium and slept for three hours and have felt weird and sore and cold all day.
    I've pieced together (mostly from people at work) that I arrived at work at 5:30 was upset a little, then went outside for air and then I just kept walking in and out saying how much I was freaking out...then i guess I clocked out and headed home..one of my waitresses walked me out to my car and wrote on my hand. I found an ATM slip from 7:30...I clocked out at 6:44 and I got home around 9:30...that means it took me almost 3 hours to get home, I live 45 minutes away... My radio was off when I got into my car this morning so whatever I did I did in silence. I have a TON of outgoing calls on my call log. It's the weirdest feeling..like soap opera amnesia or something. But scary, I mean, i have a 3 year old, I cant go insane.

Does anyone here have panic attacks? Ever have memory loss?

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Default Re: Dr. BB

PMH it really sounds like you need lots of love and consideration and reassurance from those near to you at least. everyone does. I really hope you are getting it and I send you the warmest thoughts from far far away for all that is worth...

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

If you have insurance, please go talk to a medical professional. You should not have "no recollection" of several hours of your life.

Also, you need to make sure your employer know that this is unusual by doing this - otherwise they'll think you were on drugs.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Are you taking a new prescription for Ambien or any similar medication by any chance? Hypnotic sleep aids can have this type of effect. I'm not a doctor, but anyone can play one on the internet.

Helcyon thnx for the good thoughts (:

B.P. my work definatley understands..there was absolutley no issue when I got back..they're pretty chill like that thank god.
    I don't have insurance and I am piss broke (part of the stress) But I did get into see a Psychologist and yesterday..I explained everything and he diagnosed me with Acute Anxiety, Social anxiety and depression....Now I need to find somewhere to go to be evaluated for medication. I've had three panic attacks since them..I have to learn to de-stress big time
    Amelia, I haven't been taking any medicine. Maybe I need some though, I only sleep like 3 hours a night..im in bed forever, but I wake up alot and it takes hours to fall asleep usually.
    Now it's just a matter of finding some type of healthcare without screwing myself financially...boo

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

OH MY GOD - if you start finding yourself talking to a girl who makes soap out of human fat, GET HELP.

lmao mental note made

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I remember a while back you ranting about your significant other making life a financial nightmare...................has that gotten better?

not entirely..that was actually what I was really upset about right before this happened

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair

B.P. my work definatley understands..there was absolutley no issue when I got back..they're pretty chill like that thank god.
    I don't have insurance and I am piss broke (part of the stress) But I did get into see a Psychologist and yesterday..I explained everything and he diagnosed me with Acute Anxiety, Social anxiety and depression....Now I need to find somewhere to go to be evaluated for medication. I've had three panic attacks since them..I have to learn to de-stress big time
    Amelia, I haven't been taking any medicine. Maybe I need some though, I only sleep like 3 hours a night..im in bed forever, but I wake up alot and it takes hours to fall asleep usually.
    Now it's just a matter of finding some type of healthcare without screwing myself financially...boo
    OMG, this sounds so familiar to me... I am known to have panic attacks, I'm not as susceptible as I was a few yrs ago. But they come on during certain situations. There's almost always a trigger. OR a situation like hormones that makes a small issue a trigger.

You dont have to answer this here... but if you have such a crappy medical situation financially, how'd you get the Valium?

Valium is a benzodiazipene that will block memory in either chunks of time sometimes leaving only fleeting moments that lasts in secondary flashes.

If you've been taking them for a while, then stop you could have panic attacks (this is possible if you only take them for a few days at a time)

They provide sleep in short bursts.

I'm in NO WAY whatsoever blaming your situation all on benzo's (valium) BUT if you're new to the experimenting of these drugs, then you need to know how they can make you react....incl the cessation.

The withdrawal can result in NO SLEEP....or only a few hrs at a time.

I have fibromyalgia and that fucks my sleep up. I sometimes take benzo's to get more sleep than the amount of sleep you've listed above.

Some ppl on here....NAMELY HELCYON knows that I sleep very little. IT SUCKS!!!
    Stopping valium will cause panic attacks and insomnia, plus it takes a long time for the brain to resume a natural sleep cycle.
    (months, actually)

Sometimes the medication aka known as Elavil (amytriptiline) can help you sleep... so you can taper off IF THATS THE ISSUE....
    OR you can take that to help you sleep so you dont have to use the benzo's.
    IF you can live without them, then you should
    You can also have seizures if you stop Benzo's.

(****this post in NO way reflects the owners of this forum OR on BBB anything... I'm only speaking from medical books I've read, stuff online, and personal experience****)

Heya,

About a year ago I was getting anxiety/panic attacks too. My pulse would raise, heart would beat (It felt like I was having a heart attack) get a feeling of intense dread etc.

Because of my career aspirations having "Has panic attacks" on my medical sheet would invalidate me so I had to seek alternative care.

I looked at stuff online and the thing that reall worked for me was when I felt an attack coming on I'd tell myself "I dont need to have an attack, I am in control my body and I command it to not let this happen." It worked for me.

Still get them occasionally but telling myself the above stops it. Hope it helps.

If your not planning on going into stressful work or something and they arent going to check your medical records then professional help is probably alot safer.

Hope you feel better.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

thats sad to hear. sorry for your bad experience.

i'm no doc. but benzo's work wonders for me. Valium can make me feel really disassociated too... although the memory loss thing is pretty extreme. Ativan is somewhat pricey I think, but you should really try to at least get a generic like lorazepam.

Ativan is a short acting benzo ... aint it?

You can find out a lot thru rxlist.com

Anyone have a cite for memory loss resulting from benzodiazepenes taken in normal therapeutic doses and not mixed with alcohol or other medications?

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Anyone have a cite for memory loss resulting from benzodiazepenes taken in normal therapeutic doses and not mixed with alcohol or other medications?
    I listed one above, I'm not sure how into detail it goes, I can cite that I've experienced memory loss from the benzo alone, without mixing it with anything else.

Thats why they use Versed (a short acting benzo) for all kinds of pretreatment situations to block the memory of ....example... surgeries, or painless/memory loss dentistry. That may help with locating a site to assist the memory blocking subject matter.

Who may I ask is DR, BB?

OrganizedKhaos: My mom had the Valium ..I've never really taken them before. Normally my anxiety attacks are triggered if I am stressing over something...but they've never been this bad before. I found a clinic that works on a sliding scale today though...So monday hopefully I can start figuring something out...I was so shaking and sore the last 2 days...

V.T. I've tried all of the medittion and self realization stuff ..but I just feel crazier and panic more..Normally if I completely remove myself from the situation, change my clothes, leave the room/house/whatever, just change everything..the panic attack subsides quickly...but not lately

Could your issue be hormone related?

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    I listed one above, I'm not sure how into detail it goes, I can cite that I've experienced memory loss from the benzo alone, without mixing it with anything else.

Thats why they use Versed (a short acting benzo) for all kinds of pretreatment situations to block the memory of ....example... surgeries, or painless/memory loss dentistry. That may help with locating a site to assist the memory blocking subject matter.

I guess it could just be me, as, when I got my wisdom teeth out, one of the anaesthetics they used was liquid Valium and, aside from that little cocktail of medicines almost killing me, I could remember a bunch of the surgery over time. I thought there was something else which was for that at the time though.

When I asked for a cite, I meant, aside from personal experience, could you provide a medical reference for that type of memory loss being associated with use of a benzodiazepene without alcohol or other medications mixed in?

Who may I ask is DR, BB?
    Dr. Blue Blood i.e. folks in the community on the site.

Sometimes long term sleep deprivation on its own can have serious and kinda freaky consequences. Do be careful with what they give you for sleep, if they give you anything specifically for that though, because many of those medications will help you get a night's sleep but also have things like suicide and homicide as side effects.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I would consult a physician. This is not a side effect I have seen associated with benzos. Even a citation may not relate to the actual source of the issue ie it may not be the benzos to begin with.

not entirely..that was actually what I was really upset about right before this happened

well, that has been going on for a very long time then, and if I remember correctly it sounded like some very stressfull stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Sometimes long term sleep deprivation on its own can have serious and kinda freaky consequences. Do be careful with what they give you for sleep, if they give you anything specifically for that though, because many of those medications will help you get a night's sleep but also have things like suicide and homicide as side effects.
    I know..it's not like I want to be drugged up, you know..but there are nights when I don't sleep at all...and it's not like im up wired and cleaning like a crack-head..Im just laying there thinking and thinking, completely exausted but unable to fall asleep.
    I do think alot of it is lack of sleep, absolutley no time off, and huge amounts of stress..and yeah, Bryan has been doing this shit for way too long now.

I have the same prob, lying in bed at night, with a mind that just wont shut off. In the past I've found some relief with the drug Trazodone (Desyrel) Its really mild, not much of a hangover. (none after the body gets used to it)

The only withdrawal is a mild headache and mild nausea for a day or two. (thats it!!! ......Withdrawal is a big consideration when choosing a medication, that some day stopping maybe necessary)
    When taken regularly it doesnt have the typical medicine 'feel' or hangover or any noted buzz.

(trust me, I've been thru quite a few! From everything incl postpartum depression, post traumatic stress disorder, and the symptoms of fibromyalgia)

Its been around for a long time... theres not a lot of interaction/withdrawal/symptomatic risk associated with it use.
    Overdosing on this medication leading to death by deliberate or accidental overdosage has not been reported....according to sites I've visited. I took this drug for a few yrs with no problems.

Thank you Amelia for clearing everything up for me, I'll do my best to provide you/BBB'ers with cites sites.

I figured Dr BB was directed to the BB bunch, I was just checking to make sure, I know of another bulletin board, that has a dr who answers any and all questions in their power.
    Please forgive me for asking,(or getting confused....I feel I must tell you, after everyone's gone to bed I usually have a drink AND/OR something to help me sleep that tends to effect my reaction time.....plus I'm running on a lack of sleep anyway) and can seem like stupid questions (or interpretations) at times. At any rate....I live by the 'rule' of No question is stupid if you really wanna know the answer ! *big 'ol smile*

Amelia, I need to ask your permission before I list the CITES ... The ones I use do require registration, and a password to use THEIR search engine... BUT I'm not a member of their site, I use my browser's search engine to do the searches. I can view one page at a time without needing to register.

Lemme know if listing one of those are acceptable .... If you prefer, I can send you a private message IF necessary, and allow you to evaluate the links before I post them.
    I have no intention whatsoever, to break any rules. I really like this place, and have a lot of respect for the services you provide.

Before I continue, I'd like the permission to go ahead.

PMH, you are in my thoughts, stress sucks, financial probs suck. If you ever need someone to listen, I'm here for ya. Best of wishes.

yeah, Bryan has been doing this shit for way too long now.
    my memory isn't that good but I think years now,....... stuff like that can destroy people............

May I ask... what shit? If not, I respect your privacy.

May I ask... what shit? If not, I respect your privacy.
    Spending money we don't have, and getting credit cards and cell phone contracts without telling me. Then lying to me until it's way too late and I have to deal with the collection companies. And nothing is ever Bryans fault, he has a million excuses on why its not his fault we were charged a bunch of late fees or money magically disappeared from the acount..Yeah it's been 5 1/2 years of this now..im waiting for him to grow up, but im getting impatient

My heart goes out to you.

+ Reply to Thread