+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freedom, Punk, Erotica, Photography, Modeling, and Actually Expressing Something

Default Freedom, Punk, Erotica, Photography, Modeling, and Actually Expressing Something

by Amelia G : February 6th, 2009

Last month, Blue Blood made a submissions site live for models and photographers and writer/photographers to submit to various Blue Blood projects, mostly BlueBlood.com and, to a lesser extent, BlueBlood.net. Blue Blood enjoys publishing a variety of body types, both male and female and in between. The most important thing for modeling for Blue Blood is that someone have that certain something, star quality, individuality, passion of personal expression to put in front of the lens. The original Blue Blood magazine in print featured exclusively interactive pictorials of people who were lovers in real life, who would be doing what they were doing, whether or not a camera was present. Non-feature photos in Blue Blood in print were generally related to specific entertainment news or how-to articles.

BlueBlood.com features pin-up and interactive erotica photo sets where all the images in a particular gallery will be of a person or couple, in one setting, in a series, which generally tells some sort of story. BlueBlood.net, of course, features articles and galleries about cool events, genre movies, goth-industrial music, punk nightclubs, interesting clothes, and similar fun stuff i.e. BlueBlood.net publishes photo galleries which are about a particular topic of interest. You would think that more photographers would shoot entertainment news, fashion, and music work than shoot nudes, but apparently that is not really the case. I’ve found that the most common question I get from interested photographers is what the galleries on BlueBlood.net should be about. Somehow, once the naked aspect is removed, many of them don’t know what the photos are about, other than that there is a photographer who happens to take pictures. I am baffled that there are people who consider themselves Photographers with a capital
    Read the full article

Default Re: Freedom, Punk, Erotica, Photography, Modeling, and Actually Expressing Something

Word on people that think they've discovered the One Right State of nudity/explicitness. I'm not even in the business, but I do get tired of media that go on about how liberated they are because they placed their strict limit somewhere just arbitrarily further than someone else they like to compare themselves to, and then get all indignant when you ask why there should be one where they have it.

I hadn't realised your .net half allowed submissions; that's kinda interesting.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Default Re: Freedom, Punk, Erotica, Photography, Modeling, and Actually Expressing Something

just about says it all...right there.

+ Reply to Thread