+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you take your coffee?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default How do you take your coffee?

We haven't had a coffee thread in a little while and my caffeine preference has changed slightly. I find that my skin looks way more delightful if I mostly skip cow dairy.

So my current tipple of choice is a iced soy latte. Intelligentsia, out of Chicago but with a Silverlake outpost now, has amazing beans and they really know how to make a perfect cup.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: How do you take your coffee?

I've become addicted to the beshitted stuff: double cream, sugar.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Always black. I do like some blended drinks with espresso though.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    Always black. I do like some blended drinks with espresso though.

I always thought it would be really cool if my favorite brew was dark and bitter and devoid of sweetness or cream -- like a PI in a noir novel, but, alas, not really how I prefer it. Not a sugar girl though.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

with tea, minus the coffee.

when it is its instant made in the micro with milk, no water and 2 demorera sugars.
    excuse my habits. i'm british

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

If bought from a coffee shop then strong, black with 6 sugars.

Coffee, with whole milk... no sugar.
    I like it lukewarm.

try sweetening with agave, its so good with coffee

I also like iced coffee's that are well made...

I'm one of the only ppl in the world thats never been to a Starbucks...
    BUT I've had gifts brought to me, like the chocolate covered coffee beans... I love those things.

I dont like artificial flavors of any sort, or artificial creamers... it ruins the taste for me.

So I'd rather go as plain as possible.

My favorite coffee stuff is this Cuban Coffee, we used to get from Valero's gas station owned by my Cuban family (we didnt have any family except the monster in law, and once we stopped talking to her, we had no family, and FAMILY is very important to me... we met these ppl, and they took us right in.... It was incredible!!!)

They made a really strong coffee, that fitted in a dixie cup, real cream and raw florida sugar.
    I loved it.
    They gave me and my husband a cup or two every morning when we'd stop by... and we had to force them to take the money for it.
    Raul, he used to fix us authentic Cuban meals... and OH MY GOSH, I loved that stuff...
    We got spoiled...
    He fell in love with a girl from Panama... and moved...
    We've not heard from him since.

No matter what my life holds, they'll always have a special place in my heart as long as I live.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid_E
    try sweetening with agave, its so good with coffee
    Thats a good first post... I'd like to try that actually!
    Agave plants are some of my most faves .... period.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

If I got to coffee shops, I usually get an Iced Soy Chai, if its avallible. Yum! Otherwise I like a little flavor in my coffee, like Hazelnut, perfer iced, unless its cold out or my throat hurts. I hate the super sweet coffees, like White Mochas.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Mmmm...coffeeee. Organic, free trade. So thankful I live next door to the BEST coffee shop! Gotta go for some Chatty Matty or Freedom Fighter. Mmmmm....coffeeeee....

I love Chai Tea... I've tried it... I absolutely love it.

Chai IS tea.

Chai is the word for tea in many languages, including Hindi. So saying "Chai tea" is like saying "ATM Machine" (the M in ATM is "Machine"), "PIN number" (so in other words, Personal Identification Number Number?"

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i work in a coffee shop, so usually my first coffee of the day is free... not that i take advantage of that. depending on how much i need to caffienate i have either my patented Improved Irish Nut Cream or the Advanced Irish Nut Cream.

Improved Irish Nut Cream:
    - 90mL espresso
    - 45mL creamy white cocoa powder
    - 22mL hazelnut syrup
    - 22mL irish creme syrup
    - 1 tsp raw sugar
    topped up with latte style milk, usually to 120 deg. F (so i can scull it)

for the advanced, i use 120mL coffee, 60mL white cocoa, 30mL each of the syrups and 2 sugars. if im desperate i add a ginseng/guarana shot to the coffee as well. its ridiculous - more than half of the cup is full before i even start preparing the milk! im just glad i dont have to pay for it. thats something like $8 a cup.

think thats complex? if it makes you feel better instant coffee at home is just white with two

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I don't drink cofee anymore, but when I did, I medium roasts the best. mostly blends from guatemala, or java. my all time fave is still cosat rican. yum. too bad I can't drink it anymore. always liked it black with no sugar.

now I just drink herbal tea, and some other caffinated blends as a treat sometimes.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

I'm down to half a sugar at the moment from two (I was curious to experiment on how quickly I could change my tolerance.. turns out it's about 2 months). I don't much care about what specific corner of which field in which third-world country the bean grew, or which anally-non-retentive marsupial it's passed through on the way to the cup. It's brown, it wakes me up. That's it's job. I don't expect it to perform a cabaret number.

Oh, and I absolutely detest "herbal tea". Passionately and with a vengeance usually reserved for politicians. There are two reasons for this.

1) 'herbal'. By definition, something to rub on your ass, or add to pasta sauce. If the Creator had meant it to be drunk, She'd have grown it in bags and made it taste right.
    2) 'tea'. I'm deeply sorry, and VB please don't take this as in any way an insult of your use of the English language, but tea requires one essential ingredient, in order for it to be called tea. That ingredient is tea. The steaming mug of flower petals and roots you're drinking has a noticeable deficit on the tea front. It is, to put it another way, non-tea. It couldn't be less tea if it tried. Tea, and it, have never formed a relationship.

Karl Marx only drinks herbal, because proper tea is theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Chai IS tea.

Chai is the word for tea in many languages, including Hindi. So saying "Chai tea" is like saying "ATM Machine" (the M in ATM is "Machine"), "PIN number" (so in other words, Personal Identification Number Number?"
    Thanks for clearing it up... I cant remember what kind I had that was the only couple of words I remembered.
    Keep me in line... its appreciated.

I used to grow my own Bergamot, catnip, mint, and chamomile for tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    2) 'tea'. I'm deeply sorry, and VB please don't take this as in any way an insult of your use of the English language, but tea requires one essential ingredient, in order for it to be called tea. That ingredient is tea. The steaming mug of flower petals and roots you're drinking has a noticeable deficit on the tea front. It is, to put it another way, non-tea. It couldn't be less tea if it tried. Tea, and it, have never formed a relationship.
    lol, true, true... it's technically not "tea".... I can't drink caffinated tea anymore so I have learned to find a few "infusions" that I can tolerate, because It's nice to have something in the morning.... some of them have really wonderful health benefits too.

tea is a treat now. speaking of tea, I would really love a cup of liquid jade matcha.... I have to wait a few days though.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I could have said I like my coffee like I like my women -

In as big a cup as possible!

I like my coffee like I like my men: bitter.
    j/k

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i am absolutely in love with Illy espresso roast, brewed dark and strong, one sugar. or to put it poetically "black as midnight, sweet as sin".but most mornings it's plain ol' Folger's medium with two sugars. when i hit the coffee shops (of which there are no shortages here *glee*) its a fancy something, lately a medium hazelnut mocha, or a chai latte.

~K

I take my coffee oraly

Now seriously, I prefer Nescafe due to lack of time and I don' like machine filtered coffee. On a cup I put a drop of milk and 3 brown sugars. But there is this fetish I have for short strong Italian style espresso, I guess it's a sort of a Yugo thing.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I always thought it would be really cool if my favorite brew was dark and bitter and devoid of sweetness or cream -- like a PI in a noir novel, but, alas, not really how I prefer it. Not a sugar girl though.
    My sense is it is probably an acquired taste. My Grandpa was kind of like this though too. He wouldn't even mix a lot of raw food (corn was corn, meat was meat, potatos were potatos). It does make things simpler.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread