+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I want someone to bake for...

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

Default I want someone to bake for...

I like to bake: cakes, cookies, bars, squares, pastries; last long weekend I made candy apples! I just made brownies. And if there's one thing that I don't care for about my boyfriend is that he doesn't care much for any of these things. I love him to death, but I'd also love to feed him more.

Anyway, if there's one trait I like in partners/friends, it's a good appetite. What do you all look for?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: I want someone to bake for...

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    I like to bake: cakes, cookies, bars, squares, pastries; last long weekend I made candy apples! I just made brownies. And if there's one thing that I don't care for about my boyfriend is that he doesn't care much for any of these things. I love him to death, but I'd also love to feed him more.

Anyway, if there's one trait I like in partners/friends, it's a good appetite. What do you all look for?
    You can bake for me. You can even bring your boyfriend along to watch.

OEC

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

I look for a good rack, no bun in the oven, not half baked, not one sandwich short of a picnic.

I have the most crazy ass sweet tooth appetite of just about anyone you'll be likely to meet.

Thats terrible that he doesnt like sweets... thats like being a polished diamond, and meeting someone who's blind.

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    I look for a good rack, no bun in the oven, not half baked, not one sandwich short of a picnic.
    HELY!!! YOU KILL ME!!! Thats a riot!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Ace- i know exactly how you feel. i love to bake goodies, esp when i'm stressed out and i only just now have a house full of roomies i can get to eat the oodles i churn out.

~K

Thats awesome... nothing better than to cook for a bunch who savors it.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    Thats awesome... nothing better than to cook for a bunch who savors it.
    Yeah, at least I've got my family close to pawn food off on.

On another note, I joined a forum about 'dark Toronto' figuring it was my kind of place...blueblood is the first forum I've really taken part of and I feel pretty comfortable here so I thought I would expand my horizons a bit. So I register and look around and exchange a few messages with the head mod guy and it felt a bit...I dunno, hinky. Not quite right. Ever get that? It was nothing really new, but it was...hinky.

So since I can't figure out how to delete my account I've cleared it all out. I don't know what about it put me off so, but I mentioned that I was a member here on blueblood and now I'm all paranoid. This is what rainy days, lots of coffee, and natural skittishness will get a girl. I'm going to go hide under my furry blanket now.

Yeah, at least I've got my family close to pawn food off on.

On another note, I joined a forum about 'dark Toronto' figuring it was my kind of place...blueblood is the first forum I've really taken part of and I feel pretty comfortable here so I thought I would expand my horizons a bit. So I register and look around and exchange a few messages with the head mod guy and it felt a bit...I dunno, hinky. Not quite right. Ever get that? It was nothing really new, but it was...hinky.

So since I can't figure out how to delete my account I've cleared it all out. I don't know what about it put me off so, but I mentioned that I was a member here on blueblood and now I'm all paranoid. This is what rainy days, lots of coffee, and natural skittishness will get a girl. I'm going to go hide under my furry blanket now.
    I joined a local board here and experienced the same idiocy. I won't lie to you. We both made a mistake in not performing due diligence. All that came of it for me: A few annoying females ran up my cell phone bill, a few people talk silly shit about me: but I also made some new friends. I wouldn't worry about dork toronto too much.

OEC

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Is Morpheus "Lord Morpheus of Toronto" Black and Groovella still kickin around?

I dont like local message boards... as a general thing....
    I dont like ppl this close to my backyard.

IN KY ANYWAY!!!

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

why, what's in the back yard?

interesting trivia: if wreckie digs anything up in his back yard of historical value i am legally not allowed to keep it, as its property of the crown

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    I joined a local board here and experienced the same idiocy. I won't lie to you. We both made a mistake in not performing due diligence. All that came of it for me: A few annoying females ran up my cell phone bill, a few people talk silly shit about me: but I also made some new friends. I wouldn't worry about dork toronto too much.

OEC
    I think I might get off a bit lighter than you: I never posted any personal information or really posted at all. With any luck, like so many users, they won't even notice I'm gone, if they noticed I was there at all.

B.P: As for 'Lord Morpheus' I have no idea, I generally avoid the club scene. Last time I went to a club was last summer. What can I say? I'm a bar/pub/'Let's go spend that cover fee on food' kind of girl. It's a wonder I'm not obese.

You can take the time you used to visit that other forum, and we can cook together...

I think I might get off a bit lighter than you: I never posted any personal information or really posted at all. With any luck, like so many users, they won't even notice I'm gone, if they noticed I was there at all.

B.P: As for 'Lord Morpheus' I have no idea, I generally avoid the club scene. Last time I went to a club was last summer. What can I say? I'm a bar/pub/'Let's go spend that cover fee on food' kind of girl. It's a wonder I'm not obese.
    That's good then. I mocked them out a bit before I left. I just don't care who likes me or not. It does waste time knowing people like that though. I don't bother with their phony clubs here much either. I'd go to clubs in LA and SF though. Noone gives a fuck who you are there. There's so many other good things going on here, I don't really miss it.

OEC

I'm hungry! (well, I'm always hungry)

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

My mom is the onlyone to bake for me any more.

Going to a club to hang out is lame. I go to dance. If I just want to hang out a dingy pub is the best.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I enjoy making cake, but I always addsome thing thats not in the recipie.
    My favorite example is when I made a butter cake and added white choc chips and blue food colouring. I took it into work any everyone was going "Awsome, cake!" then they saw it and was going "Uh... maybe later."
    so I took it home and gave some to my little brother (about a 1/4 of the cake) and later that day he ran out off the bathroom all upset cos his crap was blue and he did'nt know why.

hahaha, I actually know Groovella in a totally different context. I think she's doin' the yoga thing now (or was a few years ago anyway.)

Don't know if she was still active in the goth scene since that's not where I met her. Don't spend money on clubs either.

I don't do baked good either, if I'm going to have grains it's going to come in the form of asian noodle soups, dumplings, and such.

hahaha Groovella, she was always nice to me.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Popcorn is a grain, so why can't I eat it for breakfast when I'm with someone for breakfast?

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Groovella had a store right? Siren? It's closed now.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

It is? What happened to it?

No idea.

What is it even?

Shops - Siren << back | shops | body | books | clothing | film | jewelry | music | misc |

SIREN CLOSED ON JULY 17th 2005. See related tg news item for more info.

Address: 463 Queen St. W.

Hours

Mon - Sat
    Sun 11am - 7pm
    12pm - 6pm

Considered to be the world's finest purveyor of Gothic and dark romantic wares, Siren was opened in March of 1988 by Groovella Blak of Toronto. The shop has gone from a one-woman operation and is now staffed by nine beautiful sirens! You will encounter many deliciously decadent gothic items to choose from for your shopping pleasure. There is clothing for both men and women. Styles range from luxurious velvet & drippy lace for the more traditional goth to shiny club fetish wear. They also carry fine accessories including gothic makeup and fangs, jewelry, gloves, fishnet stockings and a wide variety of pocket trunks. Their shoes and boots are of superior quality and are imported from the UK. A plethora of beautifully crafted silver, pewter and beaded jewelry awaits, as well as surgical steel body rings, and leather collars, belts and chokers. Their bookshelf is filled with unusual and interesting fiction and nonfiction titles that will be of interest to the Gothic mindset, as well as alternative fanzines, magazines and videos. And Siren would not be complete without their unique collection of tshirts that are not found anywhere else. Gift certificates are also available. Secure e-commerce available on their website.

read the reviews to see what other people thought about Siren.

this page was last updated on November 28th 2004

photos by dem

want to review Siren or any other shop? click here and tell us what you think.

| main | about | services | events | community | clubs | shops | culture | attractions | news | reviews | help | links | contact |

<< back © copyright 1999 - 2005 toronto-goth.com™. all rights reserved

BlueBlood Banner Exchange

Yeah, Siren is closed now, but Hell's Belle's opened in its place by Sarah, who I think used to work at Siren...

In any case, it's probably my favourite store in T.O, and (still) the best goth/punk store on queen west

Sweet, coming to Toronto soon..need new boots. Where's a good place?

I got my Demonia's at Hell's Belles, but Yonge street is always a good bet. I'm not sure of anywhere else outside of Queen West/Yonge (what can I say? I'm born and bred)...

That's the only reason I really go to Toronto. Queen W. shopping. It's been such a loooong time, I don't even know what's there anymore. I love the Black Market. Please tell me that's still there.

Oh god I love Black Market... Yes it's still there, and so is the Black market warehouse across the street... I don't know if you've ever been to Posepod, but it's closed now... The Darkside opened up on queen and augusta, across the street from Java, but in my humble opinion some of the stuff ain't worth it. Speaking of overpriced, Borderline is no longer beside Black Market, but further west a bit, and hiding underground beside clic klaq... They had a Lucky 13 wallet I wanted there, but they wanted something like 45$ for it...I passed and went to Hell's Belle's and got it 20$ cheaper.

I must check out this Hells Belle's store you speak so highly of.

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    I must check out this Hells Belle's store you speak so highly of.
    Do!

On another note, I hath partaken too liberally of the black cherry icecream and the homemade chocolate syrup... SO worth staying home for instead of the bf's.

+ Reply to Thread