+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burning Man... burning, man.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Burning Man... burning, man.

SAN FRANCISCO - Burning Man became Burnt Man four days early on Tuesday, and a San Francisco performance artist was arrested on suspicion of igniting the signature figure of the counterculture festival in the remote Nevada desert.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070829/...ing_man_burned

ObscureZan's Avatar Member

Default Re: Burning Man... burning, man.

Aw man ;_; Early? That sucks...

As an old Northern Nevada kid, have heard of the Burning Man, and have had friends of mine who've gone, though I never have.

Don't know if Addis is guilty or not, but, please note the shit-eating grin on his face in the Pershing County Sheriff's booking photo reproduced in the article. Reminds me of Tom DeLay's booking photo, in which he had a similar shit-eating grin.

Why do some twats feel the need to grin like a monkey skeleton when their mug-shots are taken???? I have no idea myself.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

He's actually grimacing. He's wearing huge wooden platforms. He thinks he just made the grade to drive the go-kart himself. It would have been his first time. Addis is 4'4

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    He's actually grimacing. He's wearing huge wooden platforms. He thinks he just made the grade to drive the go-kart himself. It would have been his first time. Addis is 4'4

JT
    Didn't know they stacked shit that high!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Rilea
    Didn't know they stacked shit that high!!!!
    "Addis' birth was the result of the worst case of irritable bowel syndrome in human history", sources close to the investigation announced.

hmm live and learn.

JT

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Why am I not the least bit shocked to hear that it was a San Fransisco "artist" that had to do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    "Addis' birth was the result of the worst case of irritable bowel syndrome in human history", sources close to the investigation announced.

hmm live and learn.

JT
    Indeed!!!

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

the need to grin like a monkey skeleton
    hehe...

he is happy because he has cracked the 15 min of fame per hour land speed record in his butane fuelled sucked-in sled. I mean I've heard of him now and that's lucky for him... actually I like unpopular people so I like him... and ashlee simpson.

he is jumping out of his skin with glee because he realises he has, with a single stroke of his zippo, made a life-time career path for himself where the spoils of his anti-fame will be rich and the annoyance he can cause those who let him is boundless. i don't want to give him too many ideas for free but it is now clear that he can support himself in the manner of the lifestyles of the rich and lamest by pulling off one of the following stunts every 8-12 months:
    • melt the ice sculptures of japan
    • set fire to anything christo wraps in toilet paper or whatever (good)
    • attack the first groundhog to come out of its burrow with a flamethrower Okinawa WWII style
    • burn the damned burning man once again (bet he trys)
    • overcook the worlds biggest hot-dog
    • etc.

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    hehe...

he is happy because he has cracked the 15 min of fame per hour land speed record in his butane fuelled sucked-in sled. I mean I've heard of him now and that's lucky for him... actually I like unpopular people so I like him... and ashlee simpson.

he is jumping out of his skin with glee because he realises he has, with a single stroke of his zippo, made a life-time career path for himself where the spoils of his anti-fame will be rich and the annoyance he can cause those who let him is boundless. i don't want to give him too many ideas for free but it is now clear that he can support himself in the manner of the lifestyles of the rich and lamest by pulling off one of the following stunts every 8-12 months:
    • melt the ice sculptures of japan
    • set fire to anything christo wraps in toilet paper or whatever (good)
    • attack the first groundhog to come out of its burrow with a flamethrower Okinawa WWII style
    • burn the damned burning man once again (bet he trys)
    • overcook the worlds biggest hot-dog
    • etc.
    I can see him trying those to latch on to some more minutes of fame(or should I say notoriety??), and I would hope that, like some miserable, unfunny version of Wile E. Coyote, he falls flat on his face every time.

Nice analysis, and lovely understated satire in it.

I'm his new manager

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Why am I not the least bit shocked to hear that it was a San Fransisco "artist" that had to do something like that.
    I know where you're coming from. You like shit public so I'll go macabre: Between this and the bullshit "gentrification", I almost hope the 'Quake hits so we can start over. People are making an effort. SoMA, Castro, all the neighborhoods are trying to keep it together. The riff raff and "gentrification" is destroying what SF was all about though. My mother's family has been there over 100 years in some cases. We're fucking pissed. It's a done deal though. Twits like this will define SF in the news. Just realize how many of us didn't want it to happen.

JT

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

LMAO, never ceases to amaze me, a million sperm n he was fastest?
    Shame he didnt torch those big ass shoes he was wearin lol!
    N Don maybe he s a freakish love child of a monkey n human, bet the monkey is very disapointed lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman
    LMAO, never ceases to amaze me, a million sperm n he was fastest?
    Shame he didnt torch those big ass shoes he was wearin lol!
    N Don maybe he s a freakish love child of a monkey n human, bet the monkey is very disapointed lmao
    I'd imagine so, as any self-respecting monkey would be, if she had an offspring like that.

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

I heard about this too, but it seems that more & more people go to it without any artistic intent. I myself am from the great basin area & have never been either. As a youngster that is what we did for fun, anyway. Drugs, booze a bonfire in the middle of nowhere in the desert. Sad but I wonder if this will be the beginning of the end of it, as more people show up to cause trouble that learn something. Good to know another intermountainwesterner is on here Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by Xochitl
    I heard about this too, but it seems that more & more people go to it without any artistic intent. I myself am from the great basin area & have never been either. As a youngster that is what we did for fun, anyway. Drugs, booze a bonfire in the middle of nowhere in the desert. Sad but I wonder if this will be the beginning of the end of it, as more people show up to cause trouble that learn something. Good to know another intermountainwesterner is on here Donald.
    Nice to you're one as well!!!!

What part, more or less, do ya hail from???

Nice to you're one as well!!!!

What part, more or less, do ya hail from???
    'Scuse me, shoulda put a "know" in between the to and the you're in my last message !!!!

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I laughed out loud when I read the article on msn. Am I the only person that doesn't give a fuck? those people(most of them) need to sober up, and get lives, since all they talk about year round is burning man. seriously, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I laughed out loud when I read the article on msn. Am I the only person that doesn't give a fuck? those people(most of them) need to sober up, and get lives, since all they talk about year round is burning man. seriously, who cares?
    haha. I only care due to Halcyon. If he digs it, I don't want people fucking with it. Whether you knew me when you were 10 or now, I try to look out for folks. I doubt I would pay though. If I want to get nekkid and fuck on a beach, I just do so. It has significance for *some* cool peeps though, thus it annoyed me.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    Am I the only person that doesn't give a fuck?
    no you are not.

give me a match I'll burn it myself repeatedly without regard to any lame association with the event by do-nothing armchair critic intellectuals. ideas are within anyway and actions are glorious manifestations of these ideas and if it hurts you to burn a quasi-alternative lump of junk then you need to get out more, produce art sometimes and appreciate this act for what it was... right in your face boring disagreeers.

celts and their brutal pagan superstitious cruel putting of people to death this way are worth joking about and there's nothing sacred in disrespecting this practise. burn.

+ Reply to Thread