+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Needs a hug /sigh

Lilly's Avatar Member

Default Needs a hug /sigh

OK, I have had a fabulous day thus far

Finished my work day today came home checked this board (yes I am an addict) and thought I would stop by my aunts (she had a car accident a few months ago and is in hospital for surgery on her shoulder at the moment so I'm doing her chores around the house for her - feeding the cats, vacuuming, bins etc etc)

So I turn up at her house and go around to the backdoor as I don't have a key for the front and there's some guy at her window. Me at first being the complete twit I am think he's there to fix / deliver something so I say "hello"

The guy turns to me with long handled wire cutters in his hand and I notice he's been taking the flywire out of her window. My response is something along the lines of "oh hell" guy then runs at me and swings the wire cutters, kerfuffle ensues at the end of which he's unconcious and I have a broken arm - that's right I am now sitting here typing one handed as my left radius is broken in 2 places.

This means weeks of light duties at work on top of the time spent this evening at hospital, talking to the police.

ATM I just feel like curling up in a corner and crying. I was fine right up until the point where I tried to have a shower and then it all just hit me when I was tying that stupid plastic bag over the cast. What could have happened if I hadn't stopped the guy, if he'd overpowered me, the possibilities scared me and now even with all the doors locked I'm terrified of being in my own home. I hate feeling violated like this.

I don't know why I'm putting this up, I don't expect huge amounts of sympathy I guess I just needed to vent, specially after the general response amongst the police was I should have run as soon as I saw the guy rather then anything else.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Needs a hug /sigh

damn!

so how did he end up unconcious? sounds like he owes you compensation for damages / loss of work.

glad it wasnt any worse! ((((lilly))))

It's good that you put it out of as soon as possible to release stress from the shock. I wish you could just see the things from other point of view. These things just happens. You're lucky it's just a broken arm. Think of you in the couple months. You would be telling stories about it to the friends and laughing about it.

Lilly's Avatar Member

Thanx drewblood, hugs made me feel much better

For the last few years I have been doing jujitzu and taekwando, I am a touch on the paranoid side generally, plus the adrenaline rush kinda helped. Truthfully I don't remember much of the actual physical confrontation it all just kinda blurs together.

He's going to be charged with attempted breaking an entering, property damage and assault atleast. The police said there may be more charges depending on how things go when they interview him tomorrow. Hopefully I will get some compensation, if for nothing else then for my medical expenses.

I know it could have been worse Olix, I think that's what scares me, what if it had been my Aunt that came home or my sister who went over there today? I don't know if it's something I will ever laugh about but I know it could be worse.

I know I need to vent hence why I wrote it down, well that and cause the only other place I could vent would be on the phone to friends and they would rush over and be all smothering and I don't think I could handle that right now.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

wow... well good for you for defending yourself.

for some reason with the name 'lilly' i immediately pictured a petite, demure woman.... kicking some hulking ex-con's ass. damn! go you.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

*Hugs*

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Hmm...well that's all fucked up. I'm glad you're ok though

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Sucks that that happened, but good for you for knocking his ass unconscious. Maybe next time *he* will know to run. I guess that means they caught the guy too.

*hugs* to you for your poor arm and the creepiness factor. You might want to take a calcium supplement while you are healing. Especially around your period, the knitting bone will ache less with the calcium.

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

wow, that sucks..::hugs:: mad skillz for knocking his ass out..

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Just glad you're okay. YES you did do extremely well, YES you are deserving of MUCH sympathy

as for me, I'd have... um... done things to him while unconscious. He would have wanted to take his own life once he woke up. It's amazing what bolt cutters will do to human tissue.

Lilly's Avatar Member

LOL, Bikerpunk that is completely not me. I'm probably one of the least violent and vengeful people you'll ever meet actually.

I'm actually pretty close to the
    petite, demure woman
    that drewblood describes - well cept for the fact that I am too tall to count as petite, and after a couple of drinks I am hardly demure. I seem to be the type of girl that my male friends / coworkers won't let walk to the car alone after work or extracurricular classes. Heck they freak out when I go downstairs at night andwalk from the elevator to my parking spot (yes, I said heck - I don't curse even the H word appears rarely in my vocab)

Though I almost feel bad for the guy this morning, because he was unconcious the police took him to the local hospital - also the one I went to and where I work my day job.

Already picked up some calcium tablets Amelia G thus far they haven't helped with the ache ( I know it's too soon) so I'm on a heavy dose of tramadol.

Good news is that work said I can still come in - just shift my hours to 9 - 5 for a few weeks and do paperwork for a bit. I'm not a big paperwork girl, I prefer working on the floor but I'll still get paid.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I said I WOULD have done these things.

Lilly's Avatar Member

So would a few of the women I work with - hence my not envying the guy his stay at hospital.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

New and Improved: INSTANT KARMA! Gotta love it

+ Reply to Thread